Did Haiti form a pact with the Devil?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Captain Kremmen, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

that's what i'm talking about. :thumbsup:

and honestly, if you read and believe what's in the bible, as pat "attests" to, you know that in the last days, god's not leaving anyone or any part of the world out in regards to his wrath. so pointing fingers, and saying "your sin is worse than my sin", or "your part of the world is going to get it worse than my part", is just egotistical foolishness.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Actually this part may come true.
    Scientists, prophets and computer geeks alike all predict that California is in for something they call "The Big One"...
    We aren't talking about something like in the movie "10.5" with buildings collapsed and FEMA coming to save the day and dig out the survivors.
    Oh no.

The Big One for California is more like what you saw in "2012".
    Half of the entire state breaks off, up-ends and slides into the sea.
    No survivors to dig out because there's nowhere left to dig....you dig?
    Scientists were saying 40 yrs ago that the shelf under California is "honeycombed" and will break off and sink.
    They said it's not a question of "will it happen"...only when it will happen.
    I saw a documentary about a computer program called the "Bible Code" which supposedly has been right on other events.
    It found the great California quake in the code for 2010.

Haiti may just be a warm up after all.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No one is saying California will slide into the sea.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

HAHAHAH!!! I saw that on TV while I was channel surfing. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. That guy is such a douche.

8. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

No one?....really?

This is from the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay. (Just a theory of how it might happen if it did.)

Before there was a San Andreas, the whole West Coast was bordered by an oceanic trench like the one still off Mexico.
    The Coast Ranges are basically stuff scraped off the Pacific Plate onto North America.
    It's not hard to picture the whole complex being shoved upward along a gently dipping thrust fault, and what goes up can come down.

Of course, we need a reason for it to start sliding. We can picture the Pacific Plate starting to move more westerly than it now does and thereby relieving compressional stresses along the San Andreas Fault, enabling the block to begin slipping. Confined fluids are great for reducing friction along faults, and major thrust faults in the Coast Ranges are commonly associated with serpentine.
    Serpentine is a wonderfully slippery rock for fault zones.

Assuming the deep part of the fault has a 1% slope, then if the upper block slips 10 kilometers seaward, it will drop 100 meters.
    That will nicely submerge all the coastal cities. Given the way the upper block will sag and fragment internally as it pulls away from the steep segment of the fault, we can probably submerge San Bernardino (300 meters above sea level).

The internal breakup of the block will thoroughly devastate the surface.
    The block will essentially be an extremely large landslide. It will be way bigger than anything known, but not impossible. It will be similar to, but far larger, than the big submarine landslides around the Hawaiian Islands. And the only thing we have to displace is sea water.

The tsunamis this thing creates will be something else.
    They will demolish the whole Pacific Rim and possibly cause damage in the Atlantic.
    They might well make two or three circuits of the earth before dying out.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

There's a slight difference between will and could possibly...
    Note the words
    and
    There's no will in that scenario at all.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The Satansrapture site, which is usually pretty accurate, says that the Bible code predicts a Comet in 2010.

WORMWOOD -- STRIKES -- 5770 AD

5770 AD is The Hebrew Year for 2010 AD

http://www.satansrapture.com/comet2010.htm

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Depends on your definition of "accurate".
    From the site:
    Um, "comet planet"? They're completely different types of object.
    "Pass close to the Earth"?
    76 AU is roughly twice as far away as Pluto, how worried are we about being hit by Pluto?
    Late 2075, according to my calendar, isn't 2010...
    Sedna details from Wiki.

I do, however, like the idea of it pulling "asteriods" along with it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And does the guy really mean "Mahatten"?
    If so I must remember not to order my pizzas from there after the end of year.

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It could be a comet with demons living on it.

Ready to jump off and cause dismay and tribulation.

Devils from comet Sedna (artist's impression)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  13. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Yes, yes they do. i happen to have a nice tailored jacket from there.
    I call it Mahatten coat.

Slightly off topic, /apologies

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The doctors call it a strait-jacket.

15. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

Not likely

I assume that's based on the gematria right (or at least some form of numerology). Yeah, with different systems of numerology, you have discrepancies and human error.

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

God Knows.
    I don't know what the little dashes mean, but presumably they mean that the words are spaced out from each other, or intersect each other, making them far more likely to be a product of chance
    (Which is what I believe this kind of thing actually to be.)

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You mean discrepancies like: they're not actually valid, and human error as in: believing they really are?
    That sort of thing?

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I'm not a religionist but I loved the comment in the Religion column of the Washingon Post on Jan. 23 by syndicated political columnist Cal Thomas:

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Perhaps He did rain down judgement on the Saudis ....like all people, He gave them greed, then He gave them oil, which led to capitalistic greed, which is just now beginning to lead them into slothfulness. He also gave them greed, and one of the more greedy tribal rulers seized control of all of the people and formed a kingdom, a tyrannical kingdom, that's oppressing many of its own people.

"The ways of the Lord are mysterious indeed."

Y'all sometimes just don't have the proper perspective!

Baron Max

20. Pinwheel Banned Banned

God gives greed? What a bastard.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Free will .....which included all of those silly little faults. It's up to man to decide to use them or not. See? Free fuckin' will ....it gets you every time!

And God's up there lounging on a cloud, drinkin' Mint Juleps, watching all of us floundering around like idiots, and He's laughin' his ass off at His version of a video game.

Baron Max

22. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

HE already knows

Billions of years ago, He knew what was going to happen before 2010 even came into suggestion. If you believe in Calvin, this truth is not too foreign. Basically, God is just following His own plan, and so He acts based on what He is already thought of doing because He knew it was going to happen. If millions were to die on 9/11, God would watch without suprise. Does He laugh at us. I don't know. Maybe...

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

but there is no evidence for his existance, and actually the only thing that we have ever used to learn about him is not only wrong, but outright lies.