Did Nothing Create Everything?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Oct 21, 2019.

1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

The imagination is a great thing, and can certainly be used to crack doors open for scientific research.

I am a strong believer in imagination. I love science fiction for example.

And good science is wonderful stuff!!!

But I also think that left unchecked, unbounded extrapolation, can and has really damaged the reputation and trustworthiness of the scientific community over the years.

In the beginning there was Naturalism...

Science assumes Naturalism as a starting point and proceeds on from there. It also assumes that God does not exist and goes on. It assumes that there is no evidence for God, because there can’t be any evidence for God, because of the prior assumption that God doesn’t exist. And it goes on and assumes so much more that is built on those assumed foundations. It becomes a series of assumptions based on assumptions based on assumptions.

The field of science left its foundational principals long ago.

Then people who have bought into all of the base and dependent assumptions, preach these same assumptions as if they are fact, when they are not.

It has never been proven that Naturalism is all that there is. Science cannot even prove its own primary assumptions.

The field of human evolution for example, has become very disreputable over the past century or so. Resorting to the creation of various hoaxes and frauds, so scientists can become famous and retain their funding.

This actually is what many people have come to expect from that particular field of research.

Waiting for the next big declaration of a fraud to take place, with the expectation that it will only be debunked later. It is the way science kinda works, but it also makes it untrustworthy. There is also so much money involved here!!!

Or, how many times are we told by the scientific community that a particular food item is bad for us one year, so we all stop eating it, and then are told later that it was actually good for us the whole time.

Gets old! The crying wolf thing!

Is global warming real or not? If the scientific community is saying it is real, a lot of people are just waiting and expecting that to be debunked next. Loss of confidence!

I know they are usually trying to do the right thing, but when it fails so often, it does result in a common lowering of confidence in the people who call themselves “experts” in the scientific community.

It also leads to a general distrust of the press!

Don’t you identify even with a little bitty piece of what I am saying here?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Wow!
    Thank you James!
    Great Review!!!

I will take some time to weigh your opinions.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Do you beat your wife?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Exactly as described in the Bible and Exodus account...

The Stone that God broke open to provide water for the people has been found.

That is where I stopped posting...

The Mountain of God has been found, with evidence of the past presence of God on it. The approach to the presence of God at the Site is from the East, which is an important aspect. The Plan of Salvation given in the New Testament was symbolically laid out on the Mountain and surrounding Site, over 3000 years ago.

Elijah witnessed a fire event while he was staying in a cave at the Mountain of God. There is a massive burn mark on the ground in an arc miles away from the cave, on the horizon from the cave, clearly visible in satellite photography. So there is also evidence for that act of God, on the ground.

The Oasis at Elim has been found.

And the Red Sea Crossing Site has been found with evidence of the miracle that happened there. The Sea is 8-9 miles wide and over 2000 feet deep. There is evidence on the sea floor from the act of God that took place there. How many tons of water displacement would that require?

There is evidence for the existence of God just sitting out in the desert right now.

But, I know, there can’t be any evidence for God, because God does not exist, so there can’t be any evidence for God, because God does not exist, because...

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

No, but kind of you to ask!
    Appreciate you looking out for her like that!!!

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You could have simply said: "NO".

Yet, it was kinda' of like a rhetorical question anyway.

10. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

OK. COOL!!!

11. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Tell me you want me.

:EDIT:

Crap! You are a man right!? I'm nervous, maybe a bit curious, but I'm nervous... But I mean, how would you be able to beat your wife if you weren't a man? I don't want to sound like a conservative, but I still can't get my head around that.

12. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

None of that is evidence for the existence of God.

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I don't understand what you are saying?

14. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Maybe these "fundies" are right? You don't want them to be right, that is why you shouldn't discuss anything in religion. This is why fundies should not say a word in religion. You're a fundie.

Hopefully you might become an expert on something useful, and forget about this crap.

15. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

What isn't random chance?

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

How do you know you've got the right stone?

Really? What evidence?

Can a burn mark only be caused by God? If not, then tell me how you know this one was caused by God.

What's the Oasis at Elim?

Okay. This is big news, but I haven't seen it on the front pages of all the news media. Why is that? If we have proof of the parting of the Red Sea, that's a pretty major piece of evidence for God.

What evidence are you talking about, exactly? Where are God's marks on the sea floor? What's the location, by the way? Where did the Red Sea crossing happen?

No. Forget that.

You say you have evidence. So present it.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Right about what?

They are certainly wrong about evolution. That is what I was talking about, there.

It doesn't matter what I want. Objectively, they don't know what they are talking about when they talk about evolution, regardless of what I want. All you need is a little education in order to see that.

It's like if somebody started claiming that 2+2=5. A person who doesn't know any mathematics might say "Well, they could be right. Who knows?" But anybody with a basic education in arithmetic knows immediately that 2+2=5 is nonsensical. If evidence is needed, it can be provided, of course. There's a lot of evidence that 2+2=4, and nothing that says 2+2=5, apart from baseless assertions. Similarly, when it comes to the theory of evolution, there are mountains of evidence (sometimes literally) that tell us the theory is correct, and only baseless assertions that it is wrong. (Note: we're talking about the basics here, not the nitty gritty details. Obviously, biologists are still working on lots of those details.)

No. Look up a definition of "Christian fundamentalist", for instance. One prominent feature of the Christian fundamentalist is that they believe that the bible is literally true.

I am an atheist. There are no sacred texts of atheism.

Too late! I'm already an expert on a number of different things. Unfortunately for you, this is one of them.

Evolution. Haven't you been listening?

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Maybe I'm saying you're spoiled?

19. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

In most respects. I've got the flu hence my sporodic posts, it's a bit better now.

God? hmmm he created evil. Imagine what he's like? All these fluffy ideas about "God". If he is the perfect judge then we're all fucked. I'm not sure if he is perfect, but in any case even if he just checks the news every other day, we'd still be fucked. Maybe this Jesus...

20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

heh,

Maybe u should try something other than Fox News.

21. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I never watch the news, I create it.

22. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Are your words toxic?

Here's 20 minutes if your an evangelical:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  23. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Toxic? I guess so. Depends what stories you believe.