Did Rabbi Yeshua -Jesus teach reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Dennis Tate, Mar 7, 2021.

?

Could the first century Messianic Jewish community have taught reincarnation?

1. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Maybe?????

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

A near death experiencer was shown Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus teaching reincarnation to his inner group of disciples.

When we research the Gilgul Cycle of Judaism this should not really surprise us all that much.

Bruce F. MacDonald Ph. D:
    http://www.thomastwin.com/6 A Thomas background.html

This sure would explain many of the seemingly confusing statements made both by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus as well as by his disciples.

John 9:2
    "And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I really like the simple way that this near death experiencer explained the reincarnation cycle.

http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Are the new crop of posters going to quote ALL of the bible before they move on?????

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sideshowbob and Dennis Tate like this.
  8. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I was thinking of just the really, really, really annoying parts!

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

What I said ALL of the bible

There really is not any part which is not annoying

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dennis Tate likes this.
  10. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I can empathize with that sentiment........
    but NDE accounts dramatically altered my understanding of the entire book.

Romans 11:32 "For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all."

It took me a while to clue the full meaning of this.....
    but basically... this is it!

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/gay/christian-andreason.html#a04h

But the key is that time is not limited to being one straight line......
    time branches..... and Ezekiel chapter thirty seven is not a one time event.....
    but occurs again and again and again as our Creator set in motion Applied Multiverse Theory... in order to lead all of us to salvation.

Revelation chapter twenty, Romans chapters nine, ten and eleven.... have an exponential effect on Ezekiel thirty seven.

Multiple reincarnations is of course a big part of how we are all led back to a heavenly way of thinking as well.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/eze/37/1/s_839001

11. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Here is one of the best explanations that I ever read explaining why reincarnation was edited out of the Christian canon.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Is "Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus" the Jesus of Christianity/the bible, or somebody else?

If this is the biblical Jesus, why do you refer to him in this convoluted way? Are you trying to distinguish him from somebody else?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Dennis Tate:

Have you read our site posting guidelines? If not, I suggest you review the parts relating "preaching" and "proselytising". Your posts are probably already crossing the line of what we are willing to tolerate here, and you are likely to earn yourself official warnings if you continue to promote the writings of particular "near death experiencers" uncritically in many different threads.

This is a discussion forum. While your personal beliefs might come up in the course of a conversation because they are relevant to some point of discussion, your posts should have more content than merely being statements about your personal beliefs or faith. If all you are doing is saying "Hey! Look at this quote. I really like it!" or "I believe that xxxx wrote some really interesting things about yyyy. Here's an extract..." or "I find the writings of xxxx to be really impressive! Here's an example...", then you may be preaching about your beliefs rather than raising any points of discussion.

If you're going to quote somebody as authoritative on something, you should consider explaining why what they have to say is important and why other people ought to accept it as the truth.

sciforums isn't a fan zine. If you just want to promote certain people's writing that you happen to agree with, without explaining why you are persuaded or what should persuade other people, then this might not be the place for you.

Dennis Tate and foghorn like this.
  14. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

My primary goal is to get across the idea that he was genuinely Jewish because I do believe that the largest Christian churches managed to make him appear very much like a Gentile as they explained his teachings century after century for nearly two millennia.

I am of the opinion that the modern Rabbi Alon Anava may well be more in line in his thinking with John the Baptist and / or Jesus and perhaps even Paul than any Christian theologian as of this time, (at least on many important subjects such as the state of the dead).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  15. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Thank you for this clarification. I just found some new forums to get into that I hadn't noticed at first and it is almost impossible for me to quote an NDE account into the topics that are there on these other categories so I might just be able to avoid getting any more warnings any time soon?!

16. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Did Rabbi Yeshua -Jesus teach reincarnation?

what do all the religious organizations say about evolution of man from great apes ?

"show the proof"
    where is the proof ?

can you posts link showing proof of reincarnation happening ?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

But that's not really the question, is it?

The nearest I can suss out of this is something about an apocryphal at best document and a crackpot thesis that is temporally askew at least, and, moreover, might actually be culturally expropriating in a really obscure way.

Meanwhile, the topic post↑ is an interesting specimen. John 9.2↱? That's just the disciples pestering Jesus about Hebrew scripture and tradition, which says God will punish subsequent generations for the sins of the father; see Exodus 20.5↱, 34.7↱; Deutoronomy 5.9↱. If we keep reading after the disciples ask, we might notice Jesus actually ducks the question in John 9.3, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be made manifest in him."

And, then, just for the sake of covering bases, the kabbalist article in #2↑ above draws from Nachman and Luria, who wrote in the thirteenth and sixteenth centuries of the Common Era. The underlying argument is difficult to explain because it's almost not there at all, nearly a feeling or instinct that, this sounds like an attractive idea, and, technically, nothing explicitly says absolutely not. The presentation of Luria actually comes across like a Jew joke, that a Jew needs more than one lifetime to fulfill all the obligations a Jew must attend; which is just hilarious.

Notes:

Weigle, Luther, et al. The Bible: Revised Standard Version. New York: Thomas Nelson, 1971. University of Michigan. 17 April 2021. http://bit.ly/2rJddky

18. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

The Book of Jasher that is recognized by more and more religious people implies that cloning technology existed previous to The Flood of the time of Noah.

The Book of Jasher shows humans as the ancestors of apes..... Chimpanzees have one extra chromosome than we humans have.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/4.htm

and verses thirty three to thirty nine here:
    https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/9.htm