Die, Deaniacs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hypewaders, Jan 22, 2004.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I am cracking up watching the hype over Dean's hoarse but happy Iowa Caucus pep rally rant. Anyone who watches the video without media commentary can see that Dean was not exhibiting aggressive, psychotic, nazi, or satanic behavior. This is like alluding to Dubya cheering or crying at a Rangers game, (not abandoning his military duty, failing in business life but being bailed out and installed in government, not lying to the country, etc) and saying that it reflects on his Presidency.

Ultimately, this will only highlight the most rabid closet PNAC shills in media, and we'll watch them all go down soon along with Bush jr and his fanatical cabinet.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. contrarian Registered Senior Member

I am Canadian and could really care less about the whole thing, but from my POV he did act a little psycho in that speech.

I discussed thiswith my mother the other day and she said the first she'd ever seen of him was that speech. Her opinion of Dean based on that speech: I don't like him at all.

'Nuff said

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undecided Banned Banned

Dean is losing popularity b/c of the Media and because of his own doing, Dean has not given a message. I haven't heard his plans, all he does is attack Bush, rabidly. I don't think that Dean is actually worth it, he will just as polarizing as Bush is. We need someone who can bridge the gap, and bring normalcy back Washington (for better or for worse).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The truth? We can't handle the truth. Dean was not angry in that clip. Watch it again and see. The characterizations that he is angry come from elsewhere, and are projected onto this Dean speech. Watch it again and understand how the media can imprint reactions to evidence before an apathetic public personally witnesses the actual evidence. Watch how a public that takes comfort in oversimplifications of politics is eager to leap to comforting conclusions and even false memories. This "controversy" is a milestone in attempted mass-conditioning or brainwashing.

Don't believe me? Watch the clip: Dean is not displaying angry behavior. He is just leading a cheer. If you cannot watch the clip and understand this, you are being successfully programmed without your own awareness.

8. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

So now you're a mindreader too hype? Unbelievable. Can I get on the mailing list of your newsletter?

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Shaddup and watch the video clip.

10. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Looks like you intend to die on this hill Hype. Good luck.

Dean's probably done.

I'm gonna miss that little guy. He was a hoot.

11. Undecided Banned Banned

Hype I agree that Dean wasn't angry; frankly it looked like he was happy. But the motive behind that was because of disappointment. Did Dean go to far? I personally think so, he looked a bit out of touch with political reality. You don't do that in a democracy, sure if this was a better world people would look at the issues. Sadly people do not care about issues as much as they care about personalities. Hype as a sympathizer to your positions, you have to at least concede it was not within the context of being a presidential candidate.

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"You don't do that in a democracy"

You don't do what? What did Dean do in that appearance that runs counter to democracy?

"Looks like you intend to die on this hill Hype. Good luck."

So far I still support Clark. Ultimately, I will vote for the chosen Democrat candidate, as will an undeniable majority of Americans.

"you have to at least concede it was not within the context of being a presidential candidate"

No. This is propaganda approaching brainwashing. Right here in this thread, people are making characterizations about a video clip that are contradictory to that very video clip. If you dispute this, watch the video again, and support the lies you have swallowed with a factual description of the speech, body language, group dynamic, setting, and general demeanor, and there is nothing aggressive in evidence. Just try to clear your mind, then watch the clip once more.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2004
  13. Undecided Banned Banned

You don't do what? What did Dean do in that appearance that runs counter to democracy?

People who vote Hype don't generally want to a man who may be leader of the most powerful country on earth to do that. Think of that moment when he said "woo!", not even GWB has done that! It makes Dean into a characterture of himself. People who vote will not respect him that is what matters. I like Dean, but if I were a normal American who looks at more trivial things, it would turn me off.

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"...to do that."
    To do WHAT???!

Read my lips:

WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Yeah!

Now I'm not worthy? Are you insane, or are you brainwashed?

15. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

And as history has proven four times previously, this is no guarantee that said Democratic candidate will occupy the White House. As far as it being undeniable, I wouldn't mortgage the farm on that idea just yet. It's early.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Not this time: They almost stuck their necks out too far last election, and they know it.

17. Undecided Banned Banned

To do WHAT???!

Read my lips:

WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Yeah!

Now I'm not worthy?

So you are telling me that gives him a aura of respectability? I don't think so, I personally could care less about that speech, but come election time when the Bushies use it, it will be a very potent attack ad. Imagine that show that woo!hoo! Thing and then say at the end... does this look like the president of the United States to you? Most Americans are going to be inclined to say no. The Democrats I think are simply giving up on the Dean machine, and realizing Dean may be too much...

18. Spyke Registered Senior Member

I'll give Dean the benefit of the doubt and attribute it to a momentary lapse of saneness, but it was still absolutely hilarious, and the point is, it's not whether or not Dean lost it, it's whether or not the viewing public perceives Dean to have lost it, and the fact is, for a couple of moments there he seemed postively demented, and that will linger in the mind.

19. Undecided Banned Banned

Exactly my point, in a democracy percpetion is everything.

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

If this clip is further parsed, it will be too blatant. The Dean campaign will challenge Americans to watch an unadulterated clip. Americans are curious enough to do so. Comparing the clip to what we are being told to feel about it, there is a clear and familiar feeling of being insultingly manipulated, that will become widely associated with the GW Bush Administration.

Clumzy big Soviet-style propaganda that is intended to distort overwhelming reality always backfires and and always loses elections whenever exposed. Anti-Dean hyping in this particular case is going to leave more shit on the smearers than it will on the smearee, because it can be shown to be dishonest. Watch the entire clip.

21. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

As someone who has to listen to right wing talk radio propaganda all day at work, I really wish that he hadn't had that little moment. They've not yet tired of playing that scream over and over again.

To me, the good news is at least Lieberman is out of the running. Though I could never vote Republican, I don't know if I could have made myself vote for him. I can't understand how he considers himself a Democrat. Just defect to the Republicans and be done with it.

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear about your sorry life, RepoMan. YOu might as well just embrace it:

War is Peace.
    Freedom is Slavery.
    Ignorance is Strength.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2004
  23. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I don't like Howard Dean, but I don't think he was acting deranged. He was just trying to sound tough and optimistic, in my opinion.

That girlish shriek was pretty bad, though.