Difference between a lib, conservative, and southerner

Discussion in 'Politics' started by truth, Mar 19, 2004.

1. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

A few things are wrong with this premise: I don't know how many homeless people you've dealt with, but the ones that accosted me on a daily basis when I lived on campus were rude, angry drunks that made no pretense about what they would spend a dollar on if you were naive enough to assist them in feeding their addiction to alcohol. If you really are the kind of person that needs to do charitable acts to "feel good about yourself", you might consider volunteering down at the rescue mission. There you might actually have the opportunity to exact a positive influence on the unfortunate members of your given society. Doling out dollars to drunks on the streets probably isn't the best way to feel "secure in the knowledge that the homeless person will better their life" when you consider that you have no means of accountability for what that dollar is spent towards.

On second thought, you could just shoot him anyway, just to be sure. He might be a liberal.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jps Valued Senior Member

I intended to take a swipe at all three stereotypes.
    When I first moved to the city I had a homeless person ask me for a dollar so they could buy food, and then upon recieving it ask where the nearest liquor store was.
    Not that there's anything wrong in my book with giving homeless people money for drugs or alcohol, as long as one has no delusions about it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.