Ding Dong, Bill O'Riley is Gone!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Apr 19, 2017.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Fox News has just fired its prime time host. It's long overdue. But when advertisers pull their advertising it sends a statement even to the Murdochs. Fox has lost a lot of talent over the course of the last year. I seriously doubt it will have much of an impact on the company. Pandering to the fools who watch Fox is too profitable for Fox to stop.

But it will be interesting to see how this works out for Fox and the American right wing. Who does Fox get to replace O'Riley. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/business/media/bill-oreilly-fox-news-allegations.html?_r=0

douwd20 and ElectricFetus like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Next up, Brietbart TV! Fox is too liberal these days.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Reminds me of when Glenn Beck claimed Obama hates white people.

Now Glenn claims to support BLM. So people can change I guess. I figure O'Riley will come out of this a better person after he pulls that pineapple out of his ass.

It is both delightfully amusing and terrifying seeing fox news get out foxed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Apparently, Tucker Carlson will replace O'Riley. Tucker reminds me of Glenn Beck.

I wonder how O'Riley's fans will take this development. I suspect they will be upset, but they will still watch.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Tucker reminds me of putting a bow-tie on a squirrel and making him a newscaster.

joepistole likes this.
  9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So, my personal favorite might be the time Tucker Carlson, complete with what looked like a cold sore or a bitch slap on his mouth, called Gavin Newsom a Nazi because the then-mayor of San Francisco refused to persecute immigrants.

ElectricFetus likes this.
  10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I listened to right wing radio a bit earlier this evening discuss O'Reilly's firing. Michael Savage, a right wing talk radio host, called O'Reilly's firing an act of terrorism. Right wingers are drama queens for sure, but I never saw that one coming.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In retrospect, I guess I should have.

Right wingers are taking O'Reilly's dismissal hard. But never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought the respect for and civil treatment of women is a terrorist act. Mr. Savage did that today. So now there are a bunch of right wingers out there thinking O'Riley's dismissal was an act of terrorism.

13. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Try to presume, just for a moment - the rightful place for a woman is barefoot and pregnant - in the kitchen. No, not as a threadbare, overdone turn of phrase but rather as an actual representation of the way things should be. From there, it is not hard to see how putting a good man like Bill down becomes an act of terrorism - that is an affront to Family, Gawd and the American Way!

Does that help, joe?

joepistole likes this.
  14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Michael Reagan suggests men should sue women for sexual arousal. I thought Republicans were suppose to be for small government.

If Republicans allow men to sue women for sexual arousal, well there aren't enough courts in the land for that one.

Just when you think Republicans cannot get any more stupid, they get more stupid.

"Michael Reagan, son of late President Ronald Reagan, defended disgraced Fox News host Bill O’Reilly, who was ousted this week after advertisers boycotted the show en masse amid a sexual harassment scandal.

The firestorm started after the New York Times revealed that O’Reilly and the network had shelled out $13 million in settlements to various women who had accused him of sexual harassment.

Hot Choclare used to be a compliment on your looks today it is called sexual harassment..@oreillyfactor

— Michael Reagan (@ReaganWorld) April 21, 2017

" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">

If women are going to wear low cut dresses that show cleavage don't be harassed when we men look.Or shld we sue for sexual arousal?

— Michael Reagan (@ReaganWorld) April 21, 2017"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ronald-r...ly-asks-men-sue-sexual-arousal-195343802.html

15. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

Lots of great science in this thread! (NOT)

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well Karen that's probably because this isn't a science forum or thread...oops.

The forum topic is politics, not science. Are you lost Karen?

17. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

I guess that's why it's called Sciforums, eh? IMO, the forum has too long been adultrated by political crazies with agendas who have little or no interest in the sciences! (IMO, of course!)

18. Capracus Valued Senior Member

When you provide a toilet in a facility, can you really fault the occupants for using it?

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The nature of O'Reilly's fifteen year reign as the cable news anchor with the largest audience in the US has been a legitimate issue for discussion on a science forum along.

Public policy and public image and public familiarity with various scientific topics is something a forum like this can address more usefully than it can most scientific issues.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

What's the matter Karen? Have you been booted from the science forums for trolling again?

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trolls of a feather do indeed flock together.

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

O'Reilly is back. He will be posting through his website.

23. wellwisher Banned Banned

O'Reilly did get a $25 million bonus for stepping down. That tells you O'Reilly needed to be bribed to step down.