Disc Golf... anyone.???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, May 20, 2016.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I started playin disc golf a few mounths ago an love it... any body else here play it.???
    Its played perty much like regular golf but a plastic disc is used insted of a golf ball an clubs... an the object is to get the disc into a "basket" in as few throws as posible.!!!
    I can throw 180 feet wit decent accuracy... an ive seen a couple of players throw 400 feet wit good accuracy.!!!

Below is a link to a pic that gives a clue as to what it is for those that dont know.!!!

https://www.snowbasin.com/images/uploads/marquee/_full/disc_golf.jpg

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

And there was me wondering how you get the discs in them pesky small holes in the ground!
    I'm guessing you don't have to worry about bunkers or rough.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Although water hazards and trees can still be an issue.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I've been throwing for years, but these days I don't live close to a decent course.

Sarkus: You got it! There's also the direction the disc curves in on a throw. Some holes are easier for a right-handed backhand shot, where others require a flick to turn the right way.

Different discs have different flight characteristics, too. It can be interesting in more ways than picking a 7-iron or a 9...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

The only prollem wit "rough" is... tall grass can sometimes make it hard to find you'r disc... an so far ive found about 5 discs people have lost an 3 of 'em are now my favorites... the Orc... the Wraith... an a heavy putter that flies straight.!!!
    Yeah some courses have water hazards... an i used to hate the trees an low hangin limbs in the way... but now im accurate enuff to miss 'em most of the time an i like the challange of those obstacles.!!!

I coud use one that turns to the right toward the end of its flight... but im mostly interested in it bein a fun way to exercise so i only thake 1 or 2 discs when i play.!!!

My wife an i both use a Wraith... an when she ant wit me i throw 'em both... one is 150 grams an the other is 175 grams but i throw 'em both about the same distance... but im more accurate wit the heaver one when its wendy.!!!

8. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I take it you're a right-hand thrower? For more turn at the end (in a disc with similar flight characteristics), try an Archon or a Mamba.

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Thanks... i will keep those in mind.!!!

A golf buddy played in Alabama couple of mounths ago an the course had water hazards an he was warned to watch out for snakes... he said it was awful... played only 9 holes an left.!!!

Strange thangs --- Couple weeks ago 3 guys was playin disc golf... plus... in between throws they was kickin a socker ball to each other.!!!
    Today on the disc course i found a hard rubber ball which i thout was a large size super-ball... an i looked it up an it turned out to be a Lacross ball... an hells bells i had no idea they was that hard.!!!

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ive also found a ink pin... like new pencil... pair of gloves... baby booties... butan lighter... an today i found a (like new) red handle switch-blade knife.!!!
    Even tho the disc golf area is by a ruff naborhood all the golfers ive talked to was real frindly.!!!

11. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Dude, you are so last year. You should be finding things like someone's stash of KB, puppies, designer headgear or friggin' caviar. Wrong course, bud!

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

If stash of KB means

i thank i talked to 4 guys a few weeks ago who used ther stash up just befor they came to the course;;; they was obvously new to the course an throwin everwhare... so i showed 'em how to use the signs at the Tees which show whare the basket an next Tee is... an they was very appreciative an thanked me profusely... an later i saw 'em tryin to read the next sign but they went back to just throwin at any basket they saw... lol.!!!

Yesterday a guy was huntin for his disc an i was standin by my disc waitin for him to move on so i coud safely throw... an he ask me if i was playin disc golf... an said this was his first time... an what a wonderful day it was... an i said yes it is a wonderful day... then he stuck his arms up in the air an shouted "praise the Lord for this wonderful day"... an he asked if i woud like to join ther disc golf club... i hollered no an waved him off... he jabbered some more an finaly went on.!!!
    O well... thats the kind of foolishness i hear due to livin in the Bible-Belt

O... couple of mounths ago i found a couple of LED flashlights hangin at the top of baskets... praize the Lord

13. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Funny. GJ. amigo. Goofy fucker.

I caught a bass twice once, too.

14. Bells Staff Member

Or dogs..

A pox on your hole in one.. A POX I SAY!!

cluelusshusbund and Dr_Toad like this.
  15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Hay Bells... do you play disc golf.???

16. Bells Staff Member

No. I don't play those games. I'm too competitive.. Or so I am told..

Plus if it involves throwing things, I might, and I say "might" pose a risk to those around me. Apparently it's my fault if people can't figure out that sometimes they have to duck.

17. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

DG can be very competitive. When I was re-learning, (long hiatus, new disc tech), I was throwing every day and working out so much that I tore muscles and had a bruise from shoulder to hip for a week or so.

We were even throwing in 20F windy Texas winter days, for God's sake. Crazy.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Hay... if you'r opponent cant take the heat they shoud get off the course... eh.!!!

Early on my wife threw one 90 degrees off course an hit me in the chest an it made quite a bruse;;; i learned to stand behind her when shes Teein off an far away wit a watchful-eye when in the fairway... but im a quick learner so it only hapened once.!!!

Last week i told a guy i saw some kids playin beyond some trees whare a disc basket was (its a basket that i skip/wont play) so he coud be careful not to hit 'em... an he said beter them than me... an i said it coud be a high medical bill... an he said he woud just jump in his car an drive off... an whether jokin or not he threw wit-out checkin behind the trees first.!!!

The driver discs have a reletively sharp edge an heavy enuff to do some serious damage if they hit someone about the head.!!!

ONe time i herd a disc land about 20 feet from me an i looked toward the Tee it coud have come from an nobody was thar... an as i was lookin around i saw a couple of guys throwin from the wrong Tee.!!!

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

My wife an i had a puttin contest (about 20 feet) an i took an early lead... but she rallied an scored 10 baskets to my 9 an won an did a little victory dance... she also gets a big kick out of it when she wins a basket.!!!

Thats crazy... haha... i dont play unless its above 32F an wind under 10 mph an no snow on the ground... but i have played a couple of times when it was spittin small snow flakes an that was cool.!!!
    At its coldest i ware a thermal undaware shirt... 2 T shirts (one wit long sleeves)... a sweat shirt an a hoodie an a toboggin... plus a glove on my left hand... an i stay warm but the bulky clothes hurts the distance.!!!

20. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

A good friend of mine plays disc golf a lot. He also ingests a lot of

..but they have a good time and they are playing outdoors......

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Mayb

is why so many people seem so frindly an havin such a good time

I like it when grownups brang ther kids to play... the kids love it... an its such a good feelin to see parents who "get it" -- how important it is is to spend time playin/havin fun wit ther kids.!!!