Divide and Confuse - Backfires!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Q-reeus, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Managed to start a support ticket with XenForo, explaining in some detail the email alert issues.
    First response - You would need to have the forum owner contact us for support as we can not look into anything without their request.
    Next asked if they could supply contact details for site owner.
    Second response - Indeed it is a catch 22, as we likewise cant provide that information under our data protection obligations.
    Done everything I can. Something as basic as knowing how email alert settings should work turns into a real hard if not impossible ask.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Maybe the problem is at your end. You're the only person reporting it, after all.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

This thread reminds me of the GREAT WIPE-OUT of posts disaster of Nov 2015.
    My bold.
    You come across as overrating yourself here.
    Q-reeus, anyone would think your paying to be a member here. As far as I can make out, you have been kicked-off a few sites. Do you think there is a connection as to why your allowed to stay on this site and the slack modding here.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

How can it be my end? Made it crystal clear all my Alert Preferences boxes have remained ticked from very early on here at SF.

Since you haven't lifted a finger to help, it appears as head honcho here, you both don't know and can't be bothered to find out identity and contact details of SF site owner. Given I've made it obvious what the proper and responsible course of action should be. Use such info to then complete my support ticket with XenForo.

Even if I were the only one with this problem or rather problems, just precisely how Alert Preferences SHOULD function is something everyone here is entitled to know. Clarity and all that. You think not?

8. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Seems to be one of your life missions to track down every post I made and carefully catalog - for the purpose of trying to using it against me. Take up a useful hobby.
    And btw the reasons I got banned elsewhere is owing to my pricking other's balloon egos, instead of playing grovelling sycophant like many members do. I don't take shit.

9. CptBork Valued Senior Member

It's how they get ya, they secretly turn off all your email notifications but leave the website just barely functional enough for you to think that your complaints are still being taken seriously. Clever and devious, but I'm even smarter than them and always one step ahead; if these mods think that I'm going to crack one day and let them eat more than one of my children, I'll be laughing at them all the way to the grave.

sideshowbob likes this.
  10. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

And another one chimes in just to be a thoroughly unhelpful smartarse. Confirming this site is not a community but a Colosseum arena.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I don't know. But, like I said, nobody else has reported any issue with notifications. Have you checked your email settings? You haven't got notifications going automatically to a spam folder or something silly like that, have you?

Yes I did. I suggested you consult the Xenforo documentation to see how your notifications are supposed to work. As far as I can tell, you ignored that advice.

I'm not head honcho here.

You can message them. Try "Plazma Inferno!"

In other words, make your problem everybody else's problem, even though you're the only person experiencing this issue, as far as we're aware.

What happened to that manual I referred you to? You were going to do us all a favour and look into the matter, weren't you?

12. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Of course not. Which should have been obvious given my description of the issues. Needing to log in after each alert otherwise no more come in. And those strange periods when alerts simply stop altogether.
    The fact I started a support ticket should have been a clue help area was searched through but nothing pertinent found. It's evidently geared only to help site administrators, not pleb members like myself.
    So you knew who it was, but chose to take no initiative to help resolve the matter. Merely letting out the identity now. Plazma Inferno! is not listed under staff members or notable members, and his personal page makes no mention of being site owner. Judging by his avatar which I took to be of himself, he was on life support years ago and probably deceased by now. Evidently not.
    So much useful info at everyone's fingertips here - not.
    Quite a distortion, but who knows if others have the same issue(s). No helpful personal anecdotes ventured from Colosseum members. That's how it is here. Sad. I actually brought it up years ago in a thread but nobody responded. Colosseum not community.
    See my second response above.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Q-reeus:

You know, nobody forces you to come here. If it's all starts to feel too hard for you, there's always the metaphorical door. Just a thought. You don't seem to enjoy yourself much here, so why torture yourself?

14. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Hahaha. Some definitely non-pep talk 'psychiatric advice'. Referring you back to that link in #12. Mind you, the place has gone downhill big time since I joined up. Call it personal inertia that keeps me here. Anyway it's clear you have no intention of being helpful so I'll just file this away as a typical outcome.

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

My God, what a baby.

16. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Which idiotic response merely confirms what you quoted. Every respondent bar one this thread has been hostile and unhelpful. Such is SF.

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Hmmm, I wonder what could possibly be the reason for that.

18. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Try self-reflecting. Many never do.

19. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Says the guy who recently got banned from Scienceforums.net for pseudoscience and attitude.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Bye-bye.

20. CptBork Valued Senior Member

He's figured it all out. Quick, toss him into the bear pit!

21. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Hypocrite.
    ''carefully catalog''
    I got the idea from you and your filing away:
    My bold.
    I understand why you have to say that. You once told me you don't suffer fools gladly. The thing with you is, a fool is anyone that happens to disagree with you, and so open to your hostility.
    It was only the other month ''Not Einstein'' gave a link to one of your posts proving you to be a hypocrite on another matter.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  22. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

It's what the likes of you want to believe. Go check the record. It's one incentive for me to stay here - when you're gone those who got their balloon egos pricked are free to make up any shit they like and hang it on you.
    If only.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  23. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

See my reply to origin. All you keep doing is highlighting an obsession with trying to tear me down. Again - take up a useful hobby.