Do Atheists Come Out of the Closet?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by KilljoyKlown, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nope. But then again I'm not putting forward claims about it.

What does this have to do with replying to my questions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

i'm not making fun of you for a belief in god, some others may. it's just the interpretation of god and what it can and cannot do is what some will differ or disagree on. i don't think it all came from nothing but i also don't think it had to come from a creator in the way some define or attribute to a deity. maybe the so-called creator is just a part of us as we are a part of it.

we don't know if that actually exists. for now, we know that it's a language.

though there are some autistics who can see or hear numbers and report they all have individual characteristics so that still remains a mystery.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

If you read anything I wrote thus far its saying nothing but this. I completely agree with you.

Relating to what value? Is my point.

Mystery it is!

Dwy: Will and consciousness (this specific format) is my definition of god + infinite possibility. If you think of reality without time, this is god. I believe god is nothing short of the postulating matter that everything is infered from and that matter is experiencing itself through consciousness, will, predetermination and possibility. Like Buzz Lightyear said,

Onward to infinity! and beyond!

But yeah back to OP.

I've never met someone who was athiest.
    I have however converted many to become athiest. (All of my theist friends lose faith in organized religion when were in a discussion)

Literally I'm very outspoken outside of sciforums if you present logical arguments to a thiest they will "get it", too bad the athiests cant handle a redefined concept of "god"

Our consciousness is very powerful and abstract concepts are very effective. Your belief in god may "save" you afterall just not in a thiest sense.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. birch Valued Senior Member

i don't agree with your idea that it was a 'created' design but merely that it is 'a' consequence of it's design.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then we're back to my previous questions:
    What makes you think there's "infinite possibility"?

Nonsense. If there's no time then how does anything get started?

Apart from you needing to resort to the dictionary again (go ahead: look up what "postulating" actually means) how is this anything other than word salad?
    It's a comforting belief you hold, but what's it based on?

Since you claim to have a belief in god then you are not an atheist. And neither is someone who doesn't subscribe to organised religion.

More crap.
    Although I agree that "presenting a logical argument" may well change someone's mind: too bad you haven't done so as yet.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  9. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

If you ever came out of any closet, I vote we put you back in.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:worship:

10. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Really?

That's what you think, hence your watered down and more up to date with modern knowledge redefinition.

11. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

I dont expect the universe to have a finite boundary ever measured from our coodernates on the note I assume its at ongoing(expanding).

Which is my argument on illusion. It assigns meaning to experience. Infinite focal points (egos) that are conscious relating to physical reality. You think there is a google amount of conscious creatures, bacteria, life, etc. I argue it is one consciousness in an array of physical matter. Is there really a bunch of *different forest fires* or the same element involved in different events?
    Word salad? Define it yourself, get a clue.
    Ok I'll break it down.

Little particles of nothing growing to everything you see and past to any extent you can imagine. Were all from the same contigent matter? Think really hard how we are different. Than think really hard on how are the same. A conclusion is eventually drawn. "WE?"
    Common sense and knowledge as I understand it. :shrug: Whats anything based on? Itsinfered from subjective truth and logical reasoning. I cant reason "PHYSICAL: NOTHING to SOMETHING" I can however try to reason "NOTHING to SOMETHING" in my mind easier easier. Than I ask myself how could there be mind without physical?? I conclude the mind had to be the premise and we only ask why because the physical is required for us to have unique focal points and for matter to experience itself onto itself! Think about how you would assign meaning to reality if you were god? It would be to destroy god itself!! But god is never fully destroyed because god is infinite possibility.
    Is god and religion the same thing? I didn't know that.
    Your shit is crap. Save that "I dont know that you dont know so know to what you dont know" crap for the shallow people who would rather reserve there belief for emperical evidence. I have all the proof I need. Physical nothing can form consciousness so it can form "god" if need be. Is consciousness the only consequence to a "perfect organization" ??

I believe me and you are the same dwy just trying to experience in the range of wats possible.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So what?
    And you have still not answered my questions.

This inane word salad (again!) does not address the point.

Yes.

Ah, you failed to understand. You misused the word, leaving your intended meaning entirely unclear,.

Which is supposed to mean...? We grew out of the universe? Of course.

Blah blah blah.
    What's the difference between "physical: nothing to something" and "nothing to something"?

Why? What evidence do you have?

No. What's your point?

More drivel.

Why do you believe this?

13. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

I think you need to have your head examined Joey.
    Sorry to say it, but the last bit is just crazytalk. It sounds like a psychosis like state to me.

14. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

X-rays showed nothing.

15. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

What? How do I know the universe is expanding? I don't know it is what is infered from my understanding.
    Word salad again? LOL
    I suspect your avoiding the question now.
    What word salads am I using??
    Array?

Wrong

Agreed upon!
    When you think something, is it physical?
    What evidence would I have to believe the contrary I explained this to you several times my "evidence" you have failed to demonstrate anything.

I have explained this to you several times.Bleh. Your just ignoring my points and replying with some half ass witty response.

Let me ask you this.

Are forest fires the same element in different events are unique different creations in different events?

Drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel.

16. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

You and your theory of nothing! lol
    Using it as an argument against god when you made its case with it.

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Somehow you're not reading my posts. What has the universe expanding got to do with your claim that "possibilities are infinite"?
    And why aren't you answering my questions:
    You're stringing together words into essentially meaningless phrases that do NOT answer questions put to you. I suspect that you can't answer them.

Really? How does matter "postulate"? Please explain.

And...?

WTF?

What does this have to do with the question?

No, all you've done is string non-sequiturs together (ungrammatically and incorrectly) and somehow contended that these constitute a rational argument.

Huh?

Still waiting for a reply on theism/ religion/ atheism - e.g. your contention that you "converted" friends to atheism.

18. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Reycling contigent matter creating infinite intervals of reality moving onward. Add consciousness which is "the other layer" and BAM! you have physical reality. Infinite possibility is more or less describing this proccess.

I suspect your being dishonest to avoid some of the questions I asked you like the forest fire example of the element itself and various others. You'll have to show me where I'm stringing words into essentially meaningless phrases so I can know better. Thanks.

I suspect this is the instance you are speaking of.
    Obviously your still evading my questions. You asked me how to support the idea that consciousness or awareness is the premise our reality.

Your being dishonest. Show me how I'm stringing words ungramatically and incorrectly. You would have if I was like the above instance. This position is merely convinient.

Subsitute the "are" with "or"

What kind of reply are you waiting for?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

More word salad.
    What do you mean by "intervals of reality"? How does this relate to the question I asked?

Why are you avoiding my questions:
    Supposition.

I already did. How does matter "postulate"?

I'm evading nothing. I'm trying to understand your premise.

Okay:
    "Or forest fires the same element in different events are unique different creations in different events?[/quote]
    See what I mean about "ungrammatical"?

Some sort of substantiation that they are now "atheist".

20. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

You asked be about what I meant when I said infinite possibilities. I explained.
    I'm not.

Thats like me asking you what was before the big bang matter-wise someone will reply with some qp BS that has nothing to do with natural science should I address it the same way you are? Or adhere to occutm razor or whatever that calls to simplify the problem.

How is that a supposition that physical reality consists of consciousness and physical matter if that is not the case you are in the god-state and we are agreeing with eachother for once.
    So you quote three times how my "sentences are strung together incorrectly" and call for the same instance? One I allready adressed?
    For your lack of one? I explained it quite simply. I believe that god is consciousness and matter and that they are the same thing in different interactions. Consciousness is there for matter to experience itself. You say this is a random coinsidence. O.K
    See what I mean about "ungrammatical"?
    [/quote]

I dont see the "strings of sentences incorrectly" I see one word I mistaked for "are" and "or"......
    Athiest lack of belief in a deity. Thus, athiest.

21. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

All these Y'z and whatnot as if it rejects the idea conclusively.

You are not a believer in quantum physics and that progressing science I take it? Surely you understand the weird strange quantum worlds framework is even deeper than that of space time, it transcends it, yet most scientests dont hold any strange irrational contempt towards this field when the very nature of quantum physics isnt natural how can we even expect god to be relating to our reality to the extent that we would invalidate god on that basis ?

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No, I asked HOW does an expanding universe imply "infinite possibilities"?

And yet again you have:
    Where was this consciousness prior to the big bang? How did it manifest?

Incorrect. You have claimed that consciousness gave rise to the universe. Please support this claim.

What makes you think that consciousness is required for physical reality to exist?

because, for example, you have still failed to answer the question (addressed, yes, stated how matters "postulates" [and thence what your original sentence meant], no).

Er, no. The difference between "physical: nothing..." and "nothing...".

That was one example. (And it's still meaningless - more so than before).

Again wrong, you stated:
    This is NOT the same as a lack of belief in a deity.
    And if you "converted" them to your belief then this is also not atheism.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Why do you assume that?

No it doesn't.