Do Atheists Come Out of the Closet?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by KilljoyKlown, Apr 16, 2011.

1. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

lol

This thread is funny. Joey, if you are serious, you need to see a doctor. You believe that I am you. Now then, you are giving yourself some sound advice: See a doctor about some anti psychotic drugs.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Ive supported the claim Dwy in stating that the physical cannot create from nothing and the mind can create what seems to be physical to us from "nothing".

How did it manifest? I didnt claim to know that anwser. How did the first self organizing matter manifest itself? Who knows. Its causeless I would think.

That whole grammar trolling was fake you posted three quotes saying I strung sentences incorrectly I called you out on it and you kept circling back to it.

Matter postulated itself? HOW DOES THIS NOT MAKE SENSE. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. HOW IS IT INCORRECT. EXPLAIN TO ME THAN I CAN LEARN. Otherwise your trolling. How does that sentence not make sense. Explain.

Bleh I wont read anymore of your nonsense its saturday, my girlfriend is now angry at me for being a nerd and we have completely trolled the thread. So mod just delete all my posts and accept my sincerest apologies I wont be trolled on anymore.

Just know that you argue with no position on the subject. Its too convinient. Instead of exchanging ideas your just trolling saying why and saying I'm stupid. You should go to the religious section for all that, which is something you WOULD do. HUIHHHHH

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Would it help you take him more seriously, if he believed that the universe was actually a drop of saliva from a 12th dimensional elephant in heat?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No you haven't. You've claimed it, but haven't shown it.

So far as we know consciousness only exists in matter (i.e. not disembodied). Before there was matter where was this consciousness?

Do you really want a full list?

Using your own quote:
    1) verb: take as a given; assume as a postulate or axiom
    2) verb: maintain or assert
    3) verb: require as useful, just, or proper
    1) matter assumes... how?
    2) matter asserts... how?
    3) matter requires... how?
    To postulate (and hence "postulating") requires reason and consciousness: matter cannot postulate.

Please point out where I've said you are stupid.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

12-1/2th dimensional, please.

9. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

I stand corrected.

10. superstring01 Moderator

Yep. And it was harder in many ways than when I told my family I was gay.

I have a huge family with a lot of conservative, bible-thumpers. They could--at least--fool themselves into believing that "the sinner" could get into heaven. Once I told them that I had no interest in their tom-foolery and considered Christianity, as a whole, to be more bad than good, I was pretty much cut off by a large number of them.

~String

11. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Did that make you sad or did you reckon you were better off without them?

12. superstring01 Moderator

Hmmm.

Good question.

When I came out as gay, some of their reactions bugged me.

When I told them I was an atheist, their reactions didn't bother me at all. I guess I was already prepared for it.

My parents and I are close. I've always detested my elder brother. My sisters and I are close. My younger brother is inching towards atheism, which makes me excited that he's leaving behind the religious nonsense we were taught. My super religious aunts, uncles and cousins can take a hike for all I care-- we've never been close, so not having them in my life is of little concern.

In short. . . it no longer phases me.

~String

13. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Good to hear.

It shouldn't either.

I find that i have much closer ties to like minded individuals than anything.
    I don't think blood relations are all that important. If you feel you don't belong in a certain crowd you move on until you find some that you have more in common with.
    Good for you anyway

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Wow!!! Coming out of more than one closet. That's impressive. Are you the only black sheep of the family?. Sounds like you did the gay closet first. Did that make it easier for you to do the atheist closet or were you just on a roll and last but not least do you have any more closets to come out of?

15. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

lol clown: On a roll

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

What can I say? Being an atheist in a religious family can't be easy, but then I can't imagine being gay would be any easier. What could a possible next closet be? Drinking or drugs? Homeless loser? Hitman?

17. birch Valued Senior Member

homeless are not losers, asshole. they are people.

18. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

and people can be losers. If you were homeless, how would your family view you? But that was a bad example as homeless losers are never in a closet. Or it's a family closet as they sure wouldn't want to brag about it to their friends.

19. birch Valued Senior Member

this statement means your understanding is shallow and think in very stereotypical ways.

besides the fact, it proves you are a typical asshole. what i mean typical is assholery that is considered acceptable.

for instance, if i misbehave on this forum by offending the 'normal' (the ones society does not label losers) people by calling them dicks if they are, i'm considered rude but your statement is societally acceptable to have these inhumane and assinine opinions.

that is the very amazing wisdom of society.

20. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I can be a little blunt at times, but you can be sure my expression about losers is what most people feel about homeless people. There are lots of reasons why someone might be homeless, but they all amount to the same thing. That person is a loser until he/she finds a way not to be homeless. Maybe it's not the most sensitive thing to say, but I'm pretty sure no one on this forum is homeless, so I have to question your sensitivity about the term loser?

21. birch Valued Senior Member

i don't judge people as losers just because they are homeless or poor. that's a value system that many people in society may have but i don't think that is accurate. i also don't consider people who are not homeless to be automatically winners or more worthy. i consider people who do have that type of value system to be the ones who are truly pathetic. there are too many reasons to be homeless or troubled which have little or nothing to do with who that person is but it's a lot more to do with their circumstances or a disability. there is no excuse for an adult to have that kind of ignorance. anyone with a bit of conscience would realize that.

evidently you as well as some others in society don't. it's amazing to me actually that an adult can be this shallow or blind.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”

jrr tolkien

22. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

I agree with Birch on this one.

Pointing to the homeless calling them losers is literally kicking a man when he's down.
    A society that doesn't take care of it's poor is inhumane and making fun of homeless people is being ignorant to the fact that life is a long string of coincidences. Everyone can get unlucky. You're just lucky it's not you. Don't be a dick.

23. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Sorry, birch is always jumping to unfounded conclusions and because of it we are way off topic. As to your comments I'm not kicking anybody when they are down. Homeless loser was taken out of context by birch and deliberately made a big emotional deal of. I think she's practicing some new trolling tricks she picked up in the Troll thread.

As to your comments about society taking care of the poor, I couldn't agree with you more. Everyone can get unlucky and everyone can be a loser. But I didn't intend someone to tag the term loser with a lot of out of context emotional baggage that wasn't intended.