DO IT ANYWAY...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by truestory, Dec 21, 1999.

1. truestory Registered Senior Member

This was sent to me by e-mail. Thought some of you might enjoy it:

DO IT ANYWAY
    Written By Mother Teresa

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and trusting, people may cheat you;

Be honest and trusting anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;

Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;

It was never between you and them anyway.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

This is a great post, True', I like it. This is a sentiment that I feel is pretty universal, whether you add God into the equation or not.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. truestory Registered Senior Member

Ah, Skye,

If God were not involved, we'd have no life to speak of!

Thank God for the gift of life!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

By the way, Skye...

I was asking what God had to say about the new path which you have started on, witchcraft, casting spells, etc... and I was lead to give you the messages of the Parable and Explanation of the Sower... However, when I originally went to post it, the board was down, so, I'll post it here:

"A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path and was trampled, and the birds of the sky ate it up. Some seed fell on rocky ground, and when it grew, it withered for lack of moisture. Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew with it and choked it. And some seed fell on good soil, and when it grew, it produced fruit a hundredfold... Whoever has ears to hear ought to hear."

"This is the meaning of the parable. The seed is the word of God. Those on the path are the ones who have heard, but the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts that they may not believe and be saved. Those on rocky ground are the ones who, when they hear, receive the word with joy, but they have no root; they believe only for a time and fall away in time of trial. As for the seed that fell among thorns, they are the ones who have heard, but as they go along, they are choked by the anxieties and riches and pleasures of life, and they fail to produce mature fruit. But as for the seed that fell on rich soil, they are the ones who, when they have heard the word, embrace it with a generous and good heart, and bear fruit through perseverance."

8. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Truestory,

I enjoyed the sentiments expressed by Mother Teresa. She was truly an exceptional person. Thanks for sharing it.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

9. truestory Registered Senior Member

You are very welcome, Searcher!

10. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

True' -

Ah, but I believe that it is the All that provides us with our life. We are but borrowing a bit of it to animate these bodies. And there is no need to thank the All, would your pinky finger thank the rest of your body for existing? No, the pinky is PART of the body, so it would be thanking itself.

Of course there is a parable about how the word of God is ignored. If you think you have the best thing since sliced bread, you might be inclined to make lovely stories about how wonderful your thing is, and how sad it is that nobody else enjoys it.

Would you believe a publication from Microsoft touting themselves as the 'best ever software company'? No, probably not, you'd either ignore it as a blatant advertizement, or you might do a little research to try to back up the claim. Besides that, how do you define "best ever"? In sales? In production? Contributions to charity??

Blessed Be, Truestory, all of us.

11. truestory Registered Senior Member

Skye,

Interesting... Who or what is the "we" that borrows from the "All"? When I "borrow" something, I "borrow" it because it does NOT belong to me and I thank the provider (or the owner) for lending it to me... Why would you need to borrow that which you are???

My pinky cannot thank me and should not thank me because I did not create my pinky. However, I can and do thank God, my creator, for giving me the gift of life (and my pinkies)! There are those, of course, who don't have pinkies... but, they have much else for which to be thankful to God.

I'm not quite sure who you are referring to when you talk about making up stories... God? Lady O' the Green? Me? You?

We don't have to make things up as we go along in this life. We don't have to because God went through great lengths to make sure that the word was passed on to us over centuries and perfected for us during the life of Jesus Christ. I'll take the word of God as "truth" over the word of man (including woman) anyday... As God is perfect, so is God's truth.

12. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

truestory,

God Bless You!!!! The Holy Spirit is everywhere in your words.

Get stuck on Jesus; sin and despair will find it hard to stick on you.
    ISDAMan

13. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

True' -

"We" is you and I, and every other living thing. I use the word borrow because upon death, I believe we return to the pool of energy, to await reincarnation. Our lives are temporary, I'm sure everyone here will agree to that! Yes, I do believe this life force is not ours, because we don't get to keep it. It belongs to the universe, we are a part of the universe, we are to the universe what a cell is to the body. A small bit, existing temporarily, but very much a part of the whole.

My reference to making up stories - I am speaking of you, me, really anyone that has a strong preference or feeling for one thing over another. When one feels they have the best of something, they tend to tell everyone around them about this wonderful thing. These stories might be testemonials - "I had the worst arthritis, but now I'm all better, all because of Bayer", they might be analogies - "It is like someone turned on a light bulb, I realized I love Parkay!", or they might take other forms, like your story above. I think it's a fairly common human trait. I'm sure I am guilty of the same thing. It's a way of getting your idea across to another person. That's all I was trying to say, I'm not saying you (or the author of the tale you shared) are trying to lie to me or something!

As to the last part of your post, well, True', that is your opinion. Happens to be an opinion that's shared by a lot of people, but still just an opinion. You may offer up any arguement or proof you want about that statement, but you will never convince me that your faith is anything but just that, faith. Just as my faith in the God & Goddess is just that, faith. I cannot force them to manifest themselves before you and prove they are there. I could point to the cycles of nature and ask you why you suppose humans don't belong in those cycles, I could ask you to allow me to cast a spell of clarity upon you, to make you see the light. Somehow I doubt any of those things would convince you, just as your beliefs and 'proofs' and prayers will never sway me.

I have not lost my way. I have finally found it. It is not the way you have chosen, but that doesn't make it any less valid. This is MY path, and MY feet are the ones walking it. I will worship my God and my Goddess, the great overwhelming power that is the All. You will worship your God. In the end, I suppose only death will truely answer us as to who is right. At that point it will cease to be a belief, and reality will be revealed.

Wouldn't it just be a kick if we were both wrong? Heh, heh, this life is ironic enough that it could very well be elephants that are the divine.