Do we see objects in their past?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by absolute-space, Feb 24, 2016.

1. nebel

well said, even the object you see in the mirror, that really does not look like you, with left and right exchanged, is in your, our (if you look together with your wife) past. ready passe'
    Looing is a great past time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

what is the source of the light that each is using to illunimate the other, and what are they using to look at each other with ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Which also would be their past

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nebel

If they have any temperature above 0 kelvin they would radiate, and of course reflected starlight (moonlight preferred for lovers, which might be 4 times reflected)

Which really stokes one's ego, because it makes you the most advanced individual in time (from your perspective) everyone else sends you their message into the future, where you graciously accept them, coming as it were, from those you could think, are lagging behind, trailing you the in past.
    In reality though, one (all of us are) is really flying blind, because reality has already happened ahead of us. Are you not glad that c is so high? . but
    the ALMA thread in alternative theories makes it all democratic, because everyone travels into the future together, confined in the expanding sphere; where we never seeing the concrete past which is gone. empty. but
    Seeing the messages that travel along with us into the future.
    seeing is looking down a spiral path, light travels in 3 dimensions, but bent by the first, time. see you there!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. nebel

Correction here, from working on it. The asserted spiral paths that photons from the object in the past would trace, as the light comes to you, would be due the the proper motion of the emitting object, like Andromeda approaching us. Normally, motionless, the path is straight, believe it or not.

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Interesting.

The light we see would be from the star's Now, but when we observe it, the same amount of time would have passed for both the star and the observer. Thus it would be true for both.

However, if we see the light from the star's disintegration, it would no longer exist or have a NOW. Still, we would see the star's explosion in our NOW but coming to us from our past.

10. nebel

answer:
    Not like your husband is cheating on you, but you do not know it yet, but somewhat like it, at the speed of light or >mach 1.
    on top of that, what happens in 3/4 of the universe is permanently hidden from us, over the horizon.

11. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It's true that the event may have happened before there were any humans at all, so that would make it in the future of humankind. But when we observe it, the information is most certainly received from our past.
    It just gets curiouser and curioser...

12. nebel

Indeed, there is no information at all that is received from the present, or the future. The very act of receiving presupposes a prior(past) emitter, admit it.
    but If the event happened in the past, a smaller universe, that is not the future of humankind but its past, or better even, prior to its past, prior to humankind's beginning.
    It is the news, picture about the event that has travelled through time and the Universe / membrane to reach us in the now.
    Go to ALMA to revue that please: the past is nonexistent. there is no image of the event still lingering for millions of years waiting for us to appear and then to focus on and see it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Do you by any chance get paid per click on alma?

14. nebel

no, but a kick per click.
    honestly the links I propose , (and you are free to ignore them) are very relevant, imho, saving time and space here on this site, not requiring to rewrite, post lengthy responses.

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Thanks but
    • I don't need your permission to ignore suggestions and
    • I am under the impression most other posters also ignore your pleas
    I suspect
    • If They would have been to the post once and deemed it not worthy of a return visit and
    • Would prefer to have any discussion take place in within a single post and
    • Not flutter around
    If it means you repeat something from another post again so be it

Suggest - stop referring

Feel free to ignore suggestion

16. nebel

Well, may be you would, but there are 4 discussions on time, each touching different aspects, facets of this fascinating subject, going on on this site simultaneously.
    Of the common theme, there are specific questions raised in each of them, that often are best dealt with in lucky, well thought out developments in a different one of them. . Cross referencing is a great enlightening tool.
    It is a sad day when such free flow of information is hindered, and attention diverted from the great subject matter at hand. now, where were we?
    Do we see objects 0bjectively in their past? how far into the past?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

At the most distant stuff 13+ billion light years
    The TV in the room - close enough to now for me

All other stuff somewhere in between

For me settled

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  18. nebel

Glad to hear you are at peace and taking it all in, as it arrives. it is a glorious trip. seeing is believing. N.
    remember the first TV pictures 1936!

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Bit early for me

I do recall at a aunt's house a small screen black and white TV and in front of the screen, independent of the TV on its own stand, a very thick magnifying glass

20. nebel

It is said about earlier times, you can never put your foot into the same river twice. because the water you touched is gone. mankind, science has come a long way in our lifetime.
    We are almost in the post -TV era already. for me anyway.

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

My first record player had a large brass needle. Now laser beams are used

From black and white TV behind a magnifying glass to Star Trek interactive Holodeck would be a even bigger leap

22. nebel

Talking about bigger, , New Scientist- and Nature magazines feature articles about another book that explains that there is no time as we know it, at the smallest level, but when you think big, the illusion persists, or ideas along these lines. recommended read to get that right! right?

23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I've been saying for a long time TIME does not exist

What is commonly referred to as time is change which is AGE

My best book for explaining the difference

The Invention of Time and Space by
    Patrice F. Dassonville

Great read - lots of details and history