Do You Believe In Evolution?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by will_ebert, Jun 23, 2002.

?

Who here believes in evolution?

1. The Universe Was Created By God, No Less Than 10,000 Years Ago

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Evolution Is True, But It Was Controlled By God. The Universe Is Billions Of Years Old

35 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. There Is No God. Evolution Is True. The Universe Is Billions Of Years Old

104 vote(s)
    71.2%
  1. Facial Valued Senior Member

I know EXACTLY how you feel, since I know some people like that. I wish this forum wasn't so obnoxious sometimes, but then again I do like some entertainment.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You guys should read the Yellowstone Supervolcano thread, if things somehow seem too boring here without radont84.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Facial Valued Senior Member

Ahhh, behold the antics of the fundies!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ck27 Registered Senior Member

Ok you seem to not know what your talking about. We have proof that the earth has never been completely flooded ever. If it ever did their would be sediment deposits everywhere. I was watching a show. It could downpour for 40 days and nights and all the ice caps could melt and it still woudn't be any where near enough to flood all the land. So your just a idiot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

you really didnt need to prove him wrong, its been done already, besides he's left.

8. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

You sure? Maybe the guy is just lurking these days and looking for another topic in which he can raise his almighty contention.

9. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

I'd hope for his sake he's learnt the error of his ways, and stopped watching jurassic park.

10. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

What if sub-terrainian lakes caved in and there contents were pushed upwards. onto land?

11. Facial Valued Senior Member

LOL. Hail, almighty Radont, let us hear your gospel once more !

12. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Oh, come on. :bugeye: The Jurassic Park trilogy were good movies for their own sake, and showcases for groundbreaking animation. One just has to remember that it's not seriously possible to resurrect dinosaurs - especially not the way the movies depicted.

Not yet.

13. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Dont get me wrong its a good movie, and the follow ups werent bad, but he seems to have taken it seriously, perhaps he thought it was a documentary? Unless dinosaurs are still alive man has never walked with them, and i have yet to see a T-rex running around my back garden(not that it could do much running in my garden, more like step over it).

14. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

15. Roman Banned Banned

I believe in Evolution with all my heart.

16. valich Registered Senior Member

How grand it is to know that someone believes in evolution so sincerely without posting an obnoxious reply! We should all bow to your kind sincerity.

17. Roman Banned Banned

Are you mocking me?

18. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Hmm. That would make it a faith based belief. I believe in it with all my brain. That seems a more scientific approach.

19. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah dude, my brain seems to be more skeptical of evolution than my heart. It just feels right, you know? But some of it doesn't think right. Like complex develops such as the eye and the lack of a whole bunch of inbetween organisms.

Oh well. Evolution's the best explanation thus far.

20. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Ummm... Roman. Every creature is an 'inbetween organism' according to the theory.

21. Roman Banned Banned

I mean in the fossil record. How come there's only one archeoptyrx? The layer cake of paleontological digs and all that. No half forms, few in between stages.

22. valich Registered Senior Member

Roman. Please! I say what I mean and I mean what I say. Honestly! I whole heartedly agreeing with what you have been saying so far. Please consider it as a compliment and in no way a mockery!

http://www.finishingfirst.com/Dino/set.html#Arch

http://www.finishingfirst.com/Dino/set.html

Apparently, we now have proof that some species of dinosaurs could fly.

23. valich Registered Senior Member

The media always clambers when they hear about about a so-called "missing link." They are rare. It is estimated that if every person in North America were to die today, there would only be two or three fossils left of all these millions of diverse people. How could we account for the differences between ethnicity? Black, yellow, white, and in-between would all be missing links.