Do you believe in the Divine?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Redoubtable, May 10, 2003.

1. Do you?
    I don't mean the Christian or Jewish or Islamic omnipotent and improbable despots of reality.

I mean creatures beyond our concpetion, but quite cognizant of our existence. Perhaps ethereal beings? Insubstantial, intangible occupants of some surreal world which coexists with the cosmos? Imperceptible phantoms which observe humans? Superior, indescribably knowledgeable, pervasive aliens? Anything of that or a similar nature qualifies.

Thomas Cranmer likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. machaon Registered Senior Member

ALRIGHT NOW....

Imperceptible phantoms which observe humans? Superior, indescribably knowledgeable, pervasive aliens? Anything of that or a similar nature qualifies.

Why do they have to be superior? Why exactly is it that imperceptable phantoms are always SO damn superior? Are we the ONLY beings in the universe which as a society utilize short buses? Just because we can not see them does not make us stupid, so we should think about taking responsibility for our own actions. On the second thought, no. That is a bad idea.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Well those beings you mentioned up there could be what we called god...they could have started life itself on this planet.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes I do, and so should you, or you will burn in hell or something smiliar...

9. Perhaps that is so, but my query concerned it not.

As to the question of why they must be superior, well, the word "divine" implies superiority.
    Did I somehow insinuate that men are stupid? If so, I will not perpetuate this awful misconception. I may've done it inadverently, and I must assuage any passions I might have aroused. I apologize.
    Why don't you simply answer the question, like *sTrgRl*?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2003
  10. Double Post

11. Thomas Cranmer Registered Member

The divine world is not "anything...". It is outside of space and time and is the domain of God, the 7 levels of Angels, Satan and the 7 levels of Demons and the Saints. After the Rapture, 144000 virgin men will join this realm to serve God and destroy Satan and the Demons, probably in the year 2020 by my calculation.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If it's outside of time and space, how do you know about it?

13. birch Valued Senior Member

i remember this poignant scene in the exorcist 2: heretic movie where the girl is burning alive and she cries out bewildered 'why me? why me? i heal the sick'. it's that absolutely utterly unethical capability of this universe. such a metaphor like the most sinister ugly secret of this universe in how it can repay absolute evil and degradation for good that it seems unbelievable but it can and does happen. it will take your goodwill and use you completely and totally while it spites you for it as well. as if it's trying to do some form of total identity theft. as if this universe is a jealous imposter of good. this is a strange place where the most perverted can happen and there is no justifiable rationale behind it except just pure, obscene selfishness and all that darkness we see out in space can be likened to the evil gut of the monster and the stars are what it ingested.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's because the universe is indifferent to the actions of animals.

15. birch Valued Senior Member

the most evil consciousness is manifested through lifeforms with it's motives, machinations and actions.

16. gmilam Valued Senior Member

I have never seen any evidence to support the hypothesis.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That means nothing.

18. birch Valued Senior Member

you essentially said nothing too. don't bother

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

3 years to go by my calculations

Any idea of the day?

I just like to know so I can make sure I'm not doing anything else that day

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Why would you call them Divine?

Now I see you answered that. But divine not only implies superiority, it means of, from or like God.

<>

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Nothing can exist without space & nothing can happen without time.

<>

22. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

......144000 virgin men will join this realm to serve God and destroy Satan and the Demons....

Well the virgin part lets me out of the fighting

And the way things are at the moment looks like the fighters will all be 15 years and younger

A few questions about this realm
    • Does it have free WiFi?
    • Does it have all cable channels free?
    • Does it have all of the game consoles?
    • Will it get new movies on first release?
    • Will there be a McDonald's?
    • And a Starbucks?
    • How about a Thailand massage parlour?
    If this realm doesn't have the above then it's worse than what I have at the moment

and I'm not going

I also might just look at what the Devil has to offer

Seems like it's not a given Satan will be defeated if god has only 15 years and younger army

But better to go out swinging than exist without a XBox