Do you feel emotion in games?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Sir. Brilliance, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

well if u mean do i feel emotion in camphighns somtimes i get realy involved eg ffx but nline i only get mad if i die kinda sad huh p.s u no in england we blead tea not blood!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

No, that's a bit pathetic...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

yea i know i am ashamed howeve i do have a life i can asure you

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

U're a english teecher?

8. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

lok at my speeling and mister sarcastic there

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

pwnage!

10. Sir. Brilliance Registered Senior Member

11. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

"Return to Castle Wolfenstein immediately!

Notify Herr Himmler!

We found Him!"

Well, I was there after a long time of abstinence.

I've played the beach map 10 on 10, only for a half an hour, because my connection was on drugs last night.

I was pretty rusty. I had only 6 kills, including one headshot, and I've been fragged 457 times. But, each time I had smile on my face.
    Also, all four games I've played we lost, but it was a true emotional experience.

Can't wait another portion of RTCW!

GeoffP: Thanks for reviving the reminiscence!

*Funny notes:

-Borat was my team mate.
    -When I was in respawn queue, I saw one of my medic team mates hidden in the dark with a syringe.

12. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Don't even try to be subtle, this is sciforums. We know where you're going with this, so you might as well let the cat out of the bag.

13. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

BOOM, HEADSHOT.

Ah, good ol' CS days...

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Huh...I think I might have seen a "Borat" recently. I keep getting blasted by frigging OP clan or Kelly from the 7s, or BADs, so my kill ratio is running around between 1.9 and 0.6 (urgh!). I'll prob be on tonight so I'll keep an eye open for you. Use "Plazma" or something and I'll back you up.

15. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

do any of u play css if so my name is crazypirate add me and will play some time

16. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Getting emotional with games is all well and good, however I've noticed that some people get over-emotional and become sportsmanly.

For instance a particular level (Full Frontal) in Battlefield 2 wasn't going my teams way, this was obviously proven as I had the highest flag capture and point score. Well I'd just got shot and had respawned back at the base , I take a particular route out of the base which requires jumping over one of the outside walls. As I was doing so I spotted about 3 enemy trying to circle the base, so I took a few shots and ran back into the base with the intension of hunting them down one by one since they were all running away from my volley of fire or shooting at where I had been.

As I'm going after them, stalking them as they attempt to navigate around the back of the base. Over voice one of the team starts complaining about how crap everyone was on the team and couldn't pull their weight and how so many people were in base (who'd just respawned). He then starts mouthing off about how he knows that I'm hiding out/camping in base and how it's all my fault that the team is losing. (Note, I have the highest kill score and flag captures on the team at this point and he's almost right at the bottom)

He swears at me, I swear at him and then the jerk throws a primed grenade at me. After he's killed me, he then leaves the server.

I wasn't particular livid, I just thought him to be the worst case of unsportsmanly (bad loser syndrome) conduct I'd up to that point come across.

The moral to this story is if you are going to mouth off because your team isn't doing too great, at least check the teams stats to see who the problems are rather than just vent at the nearest team member. Otherwise forever be condemned to the hall of shame.

One other thing I found increasingly annoying in battlefield 2 was when someone decided they wanted YOUR soldier class over the one THEY picked, to which they start shooting you with a pistol until either your dead or blasted them for trying it.

as for CS:S, an old tactic I used to use was just get a Pistol and Grenade during load-out for the first couple of games so you could afford armour and better weaponry later on. You'd be suprised how effective I became with the pistol and the suicide runs through tunneled areas with a primed grenade use to be a laugh too. (Just remember to tell your team members your suicidal plan before they all charge with you)

17. draqon Banned Banned

you take it so real. chill out. its just a game. syndrom...lol...

18. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Has anyone ever broken their joy stick?

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Broke my brothers steering wheel twice.

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I laugh too much

Seriously tho, the folks I tend to play against for FPS encourage levity over "pwnage". Yes we all try to win, emotions do run high, but it's more about the cameraderie.

If I play against AI, I don't really get worked up for FPS. I actually feel more emotion in games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance (playing that now). I get to control Thor yay!

21. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

I think I'll be on the beach (AVP Sea) around 22:30-23:00 CET if my connection is ok. I'll use this nick. If you spot me, shoot.

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

If you are on about the sort that you plug into your computer, then yes I broke 3 or 4 when I was younger while playing games on my Commodore Amiga.

The problem was that the joysticks I had purchased were only 4 way, when really I required at least an 8 way joystick, merged with a high adrenaline response for quick actions and diagonal movements resulted in the actual joysticks breaking. I killed a few control-pads too, however there were different circumstances to their breakage.

I can safely say however that in both cases it seemed to be adolescently driven as I haven't broken any control-pads within the last 10+ years.

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i get more annoyed from shooting games than i do in real life, especialy when i am playing with a friend or my wife at home Vs people online. i get pissed playing with rookies who cant give me some back up. im like "wtf asshole cover me i need some back up over here" its all in good fun though but my wife is a rookie and she always gets me killed, im used to playing with one of my friends and we kick some ass together like a tight knit S.A.S unit, when i play with rooks it gets me mad

peace.