Do you get this cartoon?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by 1368, Oct 5, 2004.

?

Do you get this cartoon?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2004.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. 1368 Registered Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If you do, kudos. I drew this and not as many people are getting it as I had hoped. I knew something was wrong when it went over my friend's head, who is an avid Shakespeare fan. Here is the explanation for when after you're done voting:

With variations, the saying goes "If a thousand monkeys were put in a room with a thousand typewriters, they would eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare. I thought everyone heard that one, but I guess not. Here we see the last two lines of the last sonnet. The aged man has apparently been at this experiment for a very long time. With the monkeys randomly typing the project is almost complete; but no, there's a semicolon instead of "e". Sucks for him! Ha ha ha ha ha...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SKULLZ Banned Banned

I thought it was infinite monkeys in some guys book on probability,or one monkey with infinite keystrokes.

Ignoring punctuation a single monkey has 1 in 26 chance for the first letter of hamlet,however to get the first 20 letters correct its like 1 in a million trillion trillion trillion billion,its a huge number basically,to write a whole shakespear novel you need either infinite monkeys or infinite keystrokes in infinite time with the monkey just banging away forever,thats where in theory it would definatly occur.

I get your thing,but somehow the probability theory has been distorted so people say a thousand monkeys or a million and a million typewriters,its incorrect.

Nice drawing by the way!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

it is funny. they had a joke like that in hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. :m:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Actually, just one monkey will do.

You just need an immortal one.

8. SKULLZ Banned Banned

9. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Woops wrong links those are older,nevermind,you probably dont care anyway LOL

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They are well drawn, fo you do this for work or just for pleasure?

11. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I'm guessing you do tattos?

Edit: nvm.... just read the line under the links

12. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Pleasure mainly,but its why i like tattooing,i mean you get paid large amounts of cash for drawing on people!,i just do flash desighns at the moment,to do custom work you need more artistic experience really,thats why i dont work in my own shop.

Tattooing (and this is something very few people understand) is a medium,its a tool with skin as a canvas and you can do *virtually* anything with a tattoo machine that you can do with pens,pencils,paintbrushes etc.

Im not tattooing much at all at the moment,my boss isnt giving me the work cos it gets so thin on the ground this time of year,so to stay sharp i have to draw really.

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Piece of cake. They came so close and yet so far. Time to turn them into dog chow before they decide to revolt and create a planet of the apes.

14. SKULLZ Banned Banned

An area of drawing i really want to work on is science/alien type stuff,i did this alien drawing(bad webcam quality though),i could now tattoo that better than the picture,it would make a great change to do stuff like this,but all people ever want most of the time is tribal,solid black 2 dimensional shapes cos they wanna play it *safe*,thats the main problem with tattooing you rarely get to do what you want,very rare,but its thier body at the end of the day.

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/skullz-alien.jpg

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

SKULLZ.........

The alien looks good, keep up the drawings and one day you could get a business of your own. It will just take time and perseverance, you have the talent.