Do you like Christians

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by emusquire, Mar 16, 2006.

?

Do you trust Christians?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2006.
  1. Yes

27.9%
  2. No

23.3%
  3. Maybe

39.5%
  4. They're lunatics!

41.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. emusquire Registered Senior Member

Here's a little poll to determine if everyone in the world is brainwashed or just some of you. Are Christians nice and caring or is there always an alterior motive behind it, that of converting someone. Say if you like them or not here!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. usp8riot Registered Senior Member

Duhhh. That's a dumb question. There's always an alterior to everyone's motive. Everyone is nice a lot of the time or sometime just to get what they want, to not get what they don't want, because they were told or raised to be that way, etc. Christians are just like anybody else. An atheist doesn't go off when they get mad because they know the consequences, and is nice when they feel like it or when they have to be. What about Christians or religion threatens some of you? Is it the rules? Everyone has rules. Some people just have rules out of tradition or a traditional religion, not much difference. Even an atheist who says their rule is to do what they want is lying. You may not always want to go to work but you do because you have to or there can be bad consequences.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. emusquire Registered Senior Member

That's actually very good critical thinking on your part, well done! I'll admitt this question is more for fun then actually hoping for any final conclusion to this epic. The only things I might respond with are that the problems arise when religion control reason instead of the other way around. So many things in the past were halted, stopped, kept from developing, all in the name of various religions. I see now a world ruled by Christianity, while not wrong it is in some ways disheartening. If any single religion is allowed to rise to power in exclusion of others it offers a chance, however slim, for major societal turbulance.

My opinion is this: Christianity is a guise for many to hide their truths, each truth being unique. We are all alone and though we wish something was watching over all of us there is nothing but eachother.

PS Very good comments

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

it's a bit of a biased poll, firstly the question should be, do you like/trust the religious, and secondly, what christians do you mean there are 34,000 different sects, thirdly there should be more options, as you may think their hypocrites/ delusional, liers etc any number of things.
    and how are you going to determine if everyone in the world is brainwashed, as at present two thirds are religious.

I have not voted because of the above statement, but as for my feeling about christians, I have none, if they wish to follow a god thats their perogative however what I do object to is the religious mind set, it is the most evilest thing known to man, I object to religious parents indoctrinating their children, thats child abuse, religion in schools,child abuse, religious govenments,abuse of the masses, and being preached to, being told somethings the truth without any basis, abusive lies.

8. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Some yes, some no, its all on an individual basis, some are perfectly fine, others are quite clearly fixated on pushing their agenda, even through the boundaries of logic and reason.

9. emusquire Registered Senior Member

Well, it was my first poll so I'll think more whenever I do another. Thanks!

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Everyone's different.

11. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

I evaluate Christians on a case by case basis; atheists and members of other religions get the same treatment. Most Christians I know are decent people, though I know there are some nutcases out there. I don't know any personally, I just hear about them and can't even think of any names right now (they're definitely a minority).

12. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

google "fred phelps"

13. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

unfortunately przyk, most of that minority are the religious/political leaders we have.

http://www.reandev.com/taliban/)

Bailey Smith

"With all due respect to those dear people, my friend, God Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew."

Gary Bauer (American Values)

"We are engaged in a social, political, and cultural war. There's a lot of talk in America about pluralism. But the bottom line is somebody's values will prevail. And the winner gets the right to teach our children what to believe."

Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church)

"If you got to castrate your miserable self with a piece of rusty barb wire, do it."

"Hear the word of the LORD, America, fag-enablers are worse than the fags themselves, and will be punished in the everlasting lake of fire!"

"You telling these miserable, Hell-bound, bath house-wallowing, anal-copulating fags that God loves them!? You have bats in the belfry!"

"American Veterans are to blame for the fag takeover of this nation. They have the power in their political lobby to influence the zeitgeist, get the fags out of the military, and back in the closet where they belong!"

"Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death."

Gary North (Institute for Christian Economics)

"The long-term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church's public marks of the covenant–baptism and holy communion–must be denied citizenship."

"This is God's world, not Satan's. Christians are the lawful heirs, not non-Christians."

George Bush Sr. (Ex-President of the United States)

"I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

George W. Bush (President of the United States)

"I don't think that witchcraft is a religion. I wish the military would rethink this decision."*

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

"This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while."

Jerry Falwell

"We're fighting against humanism, we're fighting against liberalism...we are fighting against all the systems of Satan that are destroying our nation today...our battle is with Satan himself."

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters."

"The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc."

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."

Jimmy Swaggart (Jimmy Swaggart Ministries)

"The Media is ruled by Satan. But yet I wonder if many Christians fully understand that. Also, will they believe what the Media says, considering that its aim is to steal, kill, and destroy?"

"Sex education classes in our public schools are promoting incest."

"Evolution is a bankrupt speculative philosophy, not a scientific fact. Only a spiritually bankrupt society could ever believe it...Only atheists could accept this Satanic theory.

14. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

I admit I have my stereotypes, but I try to judge people individually or rather, not judge people, unless they're someone it would obviously be better to avoid.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sometimes I find their belief in tall tales endearing.

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

There's such a wide range of Christian personality that I decided to answer all the pool answers.

Kinda stupid you can choose all. Plus, it's a pretty open question...

17. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Most Christians are nice people.

18. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

even jesus said:
    love the man, but hate the sin.

i like the personalities of most of the christians i know, but i despise the religion.
    a religion is not the identity of a person. it SHOULD be the other way around: the religion should be a symptom of the personality of the person.

"do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"--aleister crowley

19. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Depends on where you live (I'm in Western Europe). Some places are essentially run by religion, others are much more secular (there's no reference to God on Euro banknotes). It's true that I usually don't think too highly of overly vocal people who draw too much attention to their religious beliefs (there's a lot of truth in the saying "Empty vessels make the most sound"). I generally have a low opinion of such people especially if they use religion as the primary justification of their actions.

I wish people didn't need the reward of "eternal life" or the threat of "eternal damnation" to incite them to be civil sometimes.

20. TheAlphaWolf Registered Senior Member

as a whole, no.
    individually, maybe.

21. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

I don't like anybody!

I just tolerate some more then others

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Godless

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I have no objection to Christians as long as they do not affect my life. Once they cross that line, I consider them as I do everyone else. What is the issue, and do they make sense?

As a result, I have a very poor opinion of Christianity in general.

23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I consider them just like everyone else. If they are nice to me, I like them. If they leave me alone, I don't care. If they don't like me, I don't like them. Simple. I handle them on an individual basis.
    On that note, as a group, christians are stupid lunatics. If they try to convert me, I hit them.