Do you throw away desiccant packets?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wegs, Aug 24, 2019.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I think you need to help me understand that, RS

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i edited
    ... "yet she edited"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

be specific its complex like a teenage moralistic discourse

your on a buss, the its a self driven buss of the future like everyone wants
    its filled with elderly
    your the only fit young person on the buss
    the buss is going to go off a cliff and kill everyone
    you can push everyone off the buss but you know that half of them you push off are going to be killed by the fall of you pushing them off
    (you will be killing them by pushing them to their death)
    and another quarter will be horribly injured for the rest of their short elderly lives
    (does it make it better for you/the usher) if their life expectancy is actually quite short and so negates your compassion you might have for baby animals/children)
    only around 20% will be able to walk again and have a semi normal elderly life

do you push them all off or decide they are all better off dead ?

and do you push off the ones wearing leather and eating meat ?(and say it was their fault for choosing to catch the buss in the first place)

you can morph the morality into other various models
    if that makes it easier
    i.e
    should animal rights zombies(the people who think humans should not use animals or wear leather or have pets or kill animals etc...[animal rights Zombies] be allowed to stop sick children from eating meat ?

fyi im pro mainstream vegan to reduce disease and carbon footprints but im also pro transition to avoid global financial collapse.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

How long is it going to take you to take the pills? Is there not a "best before"? Sue them if you die?

EDIT: To answer your question. Throw it out unless you want to blow up a packet of chemicals in your microwave. Should have a "best before"? those are only put in for the duration it takes to get to the customer(think of possible conditions). Once you let air in that won't have time to do anything. Throw it out in case you swallow it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. candy Valued Senior Member

I have a plastic container I toss them in; someday I may have a need for one. I have used the cotton from the containers to remove nail polish for years.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  8. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

I keep them. You can remove the moisture with heat (baking) if you do it properly and the packs can be used elsewhere (I keep some in with ammo, with computer parts, in my safe and other similar places)

9. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

the ultimate irony in a world where water is cash
    no water is for free
    and you have to pay to get rid of water you dont want
    only to be forced to pay for water

on the water planet

10. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

I pay nothing, financially, for my water

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Sure. I choose this because it is the best use of my personal resources.
    I live in a city where there are 4 million people, tens of thousands of jobs, and every other amenity I can think of - all within arm's reach.

I am happy to have someone else slog my clean water and my waste water dozens or hundreds of miles to and from somewhere else, so that I don't have to. I get paid way too much to be hauling buckets back and forth to and from my door.