Does awareness exist?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Bowser, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Does awareness exist?

And if so, what is it?

These seem to be pretty easy questions.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

1 - yes
    2 - this post.
    3 - not really. it can get complicated

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

my introspection identifies an " i" at the root of subjectivity. it is this "i" that constitutes awareness. my experience indicates a dualism b/w "i," the observer, and the observed (mental processes and physical objects)

yet... an infinite regression is possible...i observe me observing me observing..... who am i?

perhaps it is a false dilemma. the "i" remains regardless of what it is observing.
    "i" am all instances of "i." the regression can be stopped at any time by a conscious decision on the part of the observer

heh

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

now
    this op could have been generated by a bot and thus should not be characterized as the result of a conscious and aware act.

that would however be a superficial consideration for a bot is merely a tool of its maker. so if i drag in the "prime mover" into the picture; the op now represents awareness

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

you answered the question by asking it.

9. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

And if so, what is it?

10. Gustav Banned Banned

alright then
    awareness is the pimple on my ass

11. Light Registered Senior Member

Simple. The recognition of self and the recognition of things external to the self.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but since everything might be a dream, and all of us just part of his dream, then...?

Perhaps he's really just a giant blob of fast-moving electrons and such, but he thinks or is "aware" that he looks and act like the thing in his dreams - ditto for his "awareness" of us. Oh, no, ...what now?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

haha...loved this gustav. really honest and concise....i av eaaard thaaat, if ye are in tune wid yuuurself to SUCH an extent that there is no separation betweeen feeler an feelING then this l mean you is closer to whats yus obserrrvinm

14. duendy Registered Senior Member

the easist questions are the hardest

btw Happy New Year

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Duendy, when you want to respond to someone's quote, put the "quote" brackets around it, THEN put in your typed response. Just look at how the "quote" brackets are when you first hit the "reply" button in the upper right corner of the posts. ...just "cut n' paste" the person's post and the "quote" brackets around each distinct quote. It'll all come out looking like you actually know something, and can learn something, instead of looking like a damned moron who can't learn any-fuckin'-thing! Please try ...even if you can't type and you can't learn English grammar, at least try to learn how use quotes!

Baron Max

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

look you ....bfore you tak on the role of assuming being my personal english tutor, LEARN how to become a human being ....yeah? till then, go fuk yerself

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Okay, I'm willing to try to learn to be a human being. Will you teach me? What're some of the first things that I should learn? What do I need to know to be a human being?

Apparently, taking your post as an example, I should learn first to say and type "Go fuck yourself!" So now that I've learned that, what's next?

Baron Max, your faithfully student

18. Gustav Banned Banned

cmon max
    be nice

19. Anomalous Banned Banned

Awarness is the reaction towards change of state of universe stored in brain with respect to the innitially stored.

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

A reaction machine?

21. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Gustav,
    Only when you sit on it, right.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Light,

If we lean on the mind as the last construct of individual experience, nothing then is external to self, is it. A walk in the park is in reality a walk in your mind. It's all very intimate.

What you had written above is a concept of mind: Me in here and the Universe out there.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  23. duendy Registered Senior Member

i never claimed you my student. your faaaart to old