Does everybody remember the fiasco of Biosphere?!?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Fukushi, May 5, 2002.

1. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

Well: take a look at this and tell me, and the world: that 'we' people are not going to sufficate,...

NO: because by the time 'the people' are sufficating : there are genetic devellopments that would allow the (rich) people from distinguising themselfves from the proletarian workers,...and have longs that can actually live in these altered living-conditions on earth,...
    Or: Mars has been set as a goal for humans (the rich and the sientist) to kolonize,....

The rest of us,....can sufficate back here on earth,...

This is not a sience-fiction story,....!!!
    IT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING !!!!
    AND NOBODY DOES ANYTHING !!!!!
    THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD SHOULD ORGANISE THEMSELFVES IN A GLOBAL PROTEST: EVERY DAY !!!
    yes you read correct : every-day: cause otherwhiles: it's not going to change anything in the story above,...
    Fact and truth,...

:bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Good article Fukushi. I agree with you that we should pay more attention to this "disapearing" of the Forests. It's outrageous what humans do to themselves, without even taking any notice at warnings, done over the last few years til now.

The Rain Forest is a big issue now for decades, still there are so many people who say it's not so. Then what do you expect? People want to make money.

Hey, what do they care about what's possibly happening in 20 years! They want to make money and they want it NOW.
    I bet there are members again with their same old stories, it's not really happening, just as global warming is not really happening, because the satistics say, "...!"

I agree with you. People take a stand in this, it's necessarry!

Read the article please...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. odin Registered Senior Member

Yes

& they cut down the hardwood trees,& plant softwood trees in their place,which do not really help the atmosphere,& make the soil acid,which stops the growth of plants that would be good for the planet!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

Lungs of the Earth?

It is a pitty that lungs consume oxygen and release CO2. So much for the "lungs of the planet".

Science has demonstrated decades ago that the green cover of the whole Earth produces only from 3 to 5% of the oxygen produced every year in the world. You should already know that 95-97% of the oxygen we breathe is produced by phytoplankton in the oceans. Besides, it has been also demonstrated that CO2 is not an important Greenhouse gas --water vapor in the atmosphere accounts for more than 95% of the atmosphere's heat retention capabilty. CO2 has 3,5% heat retention capability.

Speaking of Lomborg's new book, "The Skeptical Environmentalist", Dennis Dutton writes on October 26, 2001 the following (read the whole story at: <A HREF=http://mitosyfraudes.8k.com/INGLES/Greener.html><b>"Greener Than You Think"</B></A>:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For a factual encyclopedia, the book has immense entertainment value, particularly in the way Lomborg traces the urban legends of the Green movement back to their sources. Consider the oft-repeated claim that 40,000 species go extinct every year. Such an annual loss of species, Lomborg points out, would be disaster for the future of life on earth, amounting perhaps to a loss of 25 to 50 percent of all species in the next half century. He manages, however, to locate the source of the story -- an off-hand and completely unfounded guess made by a scientist in 1979. It's been repeated endlessly ever since -- and in 1981 was increased by arch-doomsayer Paul Ehrlich to 250,000 species per year. (Ehrlich also predicted that half the planet's species would be extinct by 2000.)"

"Or consider deforestation. It's been claimed that the world has lost two-thirds of its forests since the dawn of agriculture. The real figure, Lomborg shows, is around 20 percent, and this figure has hardly changed since the World War II. Tropical forests are declining at a small annual rate of 0.46 percent, but this is offset by growth in commercial plantations, which should be encouraged, as their products take the pressure off the tropical forests. In fact, the world's wood and paper needs could be permanently satisfied by tree plantations amounting to just 5 percent of the world's forest cover."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have traveled and explored the Amazon jungle from North to South, East to West since 1970. No more than 5% of the rainforest cover has been lost. A drop in the ocean. If you were walking through an abandoned commercial logging area in the Beni or the Guarayo regions of Bolivia (where I spent three full years running a bird-watching and eco-tourism resort) you could not differentiate it from an untouched and "pristine" area. I know about it. I lived there. See pictures of me and the region here:

<A HREF=http://mitosyfraudes.8k.com/photo.html><b>Pictures of the Guarayo Area in Bolivia</b></A>

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Now that is definitely a place I'd like to see.

9. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

Go there! It is beautiful. It is cheap to get there, and cheaper to live. You can live on 5 dollars a day. (In Urubichá, not in Bolivian cities, of course). I am going there in 15 days. Plan to stay one month, taking a group of bird and orchid watchers to a 10-day journey downriver.

But be warned: you might feel you won't feel like returnig back to civilization...

10. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

I bet,...

There are probably a whole lot of people who want to live in a place that has no green, just concrete, steel, plastic,...maby and just maby a plant for the sight of it,....

Well: not for me thx,....your article does not convince me,...it's an outrageous lie,.....

3-4% puh! I saw other resources of information,...I know : maby you don't want to be depressed but unfortunately: there is not much to be possitive about,...

You could work for them,....you know,...they kill this forests,...and still you can not see what surrounds it:

Wake up asshole! it's not 'only' oxygen what we are talking about,.....

it's not a lie that if you cut all the trees in the world that humans are going to die,...despite 'your' pytho-plankton,...

Your 'sientist' can trow oxydating material in the oceans to accually 'make' oxygen,...but it would pollute the environment even more,...

There is no such thing as substitution for nature man! wake the hell up!! If you are going to let speculation take control of the future you could speculate that controlling humans would make less accidents,...the opposite is more true: humans need entropy to keep being assertive,...

That's the meaning 'to be alive' not to 'exist'
    You are maby naïve but sure as hell : you don't know what you are influenced by,....

I'm not APATHIC and I never will be,...I'd rather DIE then let you destruckt my life,...

apparently YOU wouldn't mind : living in your concrete hell,...and I'm talking about space-ship earth here,...It's not only YOUR planet,...

IT'S MINE TOO!!! And I want the ecosystem to survive,...because I know (!) empirically and otherwilse: that humans are interdependent on it,...

It are the persons like YOURSELF that keep on cutting trees,...fucking the earth,...pissing on everybody else,...and you hope that 'your' sientists can help you explaining why: you, your family, your children, I, my family, MY children,....must DIE for the idiocy that they call : economics,...let me tell you man: your an outright idiot if you don't look for yourself,....to find some answers,...

I did some studies myself, and I came to a whole bunch of other explanations,...and confindings,...

I read a lot,....ranging from pro till contra,....and there's still nobody that I see in my surroundings that has done the same,...

They are all dependent on opinions from others,...be it sientists or just 'ordinary' people,....they are just so naïve,....incredible,...

and : I don't agree to disscus this occupation/possesion/disstrucktion in a commitee: while my planet is suffering and dying !!!! (doesn't it sound familiar?)

but basically : that's the case: this thread is not about pro or contra's,>... it's not about beign wrong or right,...it's about what can be done to stop people like yourself: from causing further distrucktion!!!

it's always people like YOU that come and carry 'sientific' exuses to keep on causing distrucktion : like nothing is the matter : and like everything is alright,...

IT'S NOT ALLRIGHT!!! and it doesn make it allright either,....

11. odin Registered Senior Member

Edufer

Your right again,but to him its a religion,I think he has proved me right again in this assumption!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

Fukushi, the Rainbow Warrior

<b>Quote:</B> <i>"Wake up asshole! it's not 'only' oxygen what we are talking about,..... "</i>

Nice ad hominem attack (you seem so ignorant, that I doubt if you know what means "ad hominem"). Telling names to other people in discussions does not add an atom of wegiht to your arguments. BTW: have you checked the size of the asshole you have in your brain? --in the case you have a brain.

<b>Quote:</B> <i>" it's not a lie that if you cut all the trees in the world that humans are going to die,...despite 'your' pytho-plankton,... "</i>

I never said such a thing. Of course cutting all trees in the world would provoke a catastrophe. But that is a totally different subject. What the asshole in your supposedly existing brain missed, was that I challenged the statistics trying to show there is a huge deforestation going on. On the contray. In the US there are 30% more forested areas than the beginning of the 20th century.

<b>Quote:</B> <i>" you don't know what you are influenced by,...."</i>

Neither do you.

<b>Quote:</B> <i>"I'd rather DIE then let you destruckt my life, " ... "apparently YOU wouldn't mind living in your concrete hell,... and I'm talking about space-ship earth here,... It's not only YOUR planet,... IT'S MINE TOO!!! "</i>

Yes, and don't you ever forgett it: it is not only YOUR planet, it is OURS TOO! (BTW: Earth is a planet, not a spaceship. Poetry does not mix well with science.)

I don't live in a concrete hell. As a matter of fact, I hate cities. I live in the open country, 10 miles from the nearest city, where we crop GM soybean (you hate that, don't you), raise cattle (you also hate cows and their meat, isn't it?), and spend many months of the year in the Amazon jungle, where I have seen that controlled deforestation make new trees to grow and absorb CO2 while they are growing.

Did you know (I am sure you don't) that adult forests produce no excess oxygen? They actually have a negative CO2 balance (according to not less than Bert Bolin, head of your loved IPCC!). Forests actually <b>produce more CO2 than they absorb!</B>

<b>Quote:</B> <i>"It are the persons like YOURSELF that keep on cutting trees,...fucking the earth,...pissing on everybody else,..."</i>

I don't cut trees. I am not in the logging business. I am in the eco-tourism business, taking green nuts into the jungle for making them feel relieved from their "guilt" of being "civilized" and "polluters". And talking about pissing and fucking, <b>persons like you</b> are the kind that banned DDT and provoked <b>useless 2 million deaths</b> from malaria, every year, since 1972. That is <b>60.000.000 useles deaths that could be have been avoided, if people LIKE YOU hadn't pushed for a criminal ban.</B> How can you sleep well by night? Maybe because you have not a human conscious.

<b>Quote:</B> <i>it's always people like YOU that come and carry 'sientific' exuses to keep on causing distrucktion : like nothing is the matter : and like everything is alright,...</i>

It's always people <b>like YOU</B> that come and carry <b>'pseudo-scientific'</b> excuses to keep on causing destruction (anyone without a green brain <b>would call destruction 60.000.000 deaths</b>, or raiding science labs to destroy research carried on animals, or destroying Genetically Modified crops, or lowering CO2 emissions and provoke shutdown of industries and widespread unemployement, and poverty in poor countries). Go ahead. It is people like YOU that will end up killing billion of poor people in the underdeveloped countries of the Third World. (May I call you an asshole now? --nothing personal, though. Just to get even in name calling.)

13. odin Registered Senior Member

Edufer

I live in the open country, 10 miles from the nearest city
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lucky!I will do the same if I ever get the chance!

14. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

Odin

Just do it! Now in Argentina you can buy a nice ranch (with say 1,000 hectares) for peanuts, thanks to the wild economic crisis we are going through. I would recommend my province of Cordoba, (where I live, the capital is to the East, 10 miles away --10 minutes by the highway-- and we have the mountains --lakes, trout fishing, etc-- at just 10 miles West by the highway.

Don´t be late! Foreigners are buying land and estates here like madmen...

15. odin Registered Senior Member

Edufer

Alas I have not even got peanuts at the moment,but if my fortunes change,I will
    get out of the city!
    I will have to get in touch with you if it ever happen's!

16. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

Odin

Just send me a "private message" using the "pm" icon at the bottom of the page, (there are four little icons there). That way you reach my private email address. Keep trying!

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!!

It's horrible to live in a place like that. Actually, when I see the world like it is today, with all those gray, noisy, smelly, junky, crowdy, huge cities... my God... I almost cry...

This is common with him...

Fukushi,

Now, I have to agree with Edufer... phyto-plankton produces most of the oxygen... but I agree that it's extremly important to preserve our forests...

Yup! And I would add drugs, petroleum, junk, chemical waste, nuclear waste...

The phyto-plankton will be killed anyways, if we continue like that...

I agree...!

Love,
    Nelson

18. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

Fukushi, truhtseeker...

<FONT SIZE=4><B>My, my... Gaia created them and the wind blew them together. What a scene! Walking dinosaurs!</FONT>

<font size=7 color=red><B>Aaaaarrrrrghhhhh!!!!!</B></font>

<FONT SIZE=4><B>Truthseeker: you still have to prove my lies. You have not provided the slightest evidence.</B></FONT>

19. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

evidence,....?!?!?

Where? what? How? explain please,....by all means!!! Cause You don't seem to understand what we are talking about,....

Thx
    :bugeye: