Does God allow evil? Of course not.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Fork, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

You have the choice. You can do god or evil and you know the consequences. You are not forced.
    Evil is something that can't be justified as good. e.g Cut a persons ear off - evil if it is just to hurt him. Good if it to limit the spread of cancer. Same thing two outcomes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Coltephilos Registered Member

God created free will, and god is responsible for the existence of evil. If he is responsible for evil, and punishes us for being evil... yet he creates free will, why are we being punished if he is responsible for both of those things? If evil is punishable, why allow it to begin with? He is supposedly omnipotent and omniscient, thus he has the power to prevent evil. He seems like a pretty sadistic entity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fork Banned Banned

It only appears on the surface to be contradictory. But evil is a choice and without uncertainty (think Heisenberg) we could not make the choice to commit evil. Once that choice is made, you have crossed the line and therefore deserve what Chris Langan calls the interdiction of the soul (which is eternal).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

You say "the existence of evil" but I was showing what in one action could be evil torture, but in another becomes lifesaving surgery. It is when and how you apply that procedure that counts. Even torture may not be evil in times of war, in order to save lives. It is not God that does this but us, but AFIK it is our intentions that are judged - why did you do it? Not what did you do? Well the Universe would not have been created if evil wasn't possible. He has the power to prevent evil by destroying the entire Universe. Is that what you want? Do you want God to finish it altogether?

8. Coltephilos Registered Member

If an individual goes into a children's hospital and murders them all, is it evil? Logically, one would say "of course". Using what you said before, it is the intention behind these murders - what if he murders those children because he believes that their illness is the product of Satan? Will he be forgiven by god?

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I see that you did not like your own answers to my questions and decided to withdraw. Good idea.

Regards
    DL

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

View attachment 6548

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I would give quite a bit to do god.

He has done many and continues daily with believers.

View attachment 6549

Regards
    DL

12. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

The logical connection seems to be a bit missing. The word murder should be kills.

With farm animals if there is an certain viral disease the whole lot of animals in the area could get shot and burned because of the virus.

So if that was a similar reason, that some doctor thought it was better to wipe the whole hospital because of the evil nature of the disease in there, maybe that could be justified, especially if it wasn't done the whole population could get wiped out.
    I can't think of this happening historically, but similar things were done in the Bible. Whole cities wiped out.

As far as being forgiven by God, well that is up to God. What i have come to understand is that even those who think they are perfect will be found guilty by God.
    And others who would be thought of as doomed will be saved.

13. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

If you feel like that we have plenty of sheep to practice on in NZ.

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I do not feel like doing anyone except God.

If I am to try something new, I want it to be memorable. Only God's ass will do.
    It is done for revenge not pleasure as he has done way to many of my fellow man.
    God is a big guy and what I use will be more like a stick of dynamite.

Regards
    DL

15. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

God's finger stretched out the universe so his arse is going to need a bit more than a stick of jelly.

16. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Mocking God? :/

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I was told to lighten up.

Regards
    DL

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And then, God sends us to burn for an eternity when we decide to use those abilities.

19. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

???? First we must reasonably think there is a God in order to say He gave us the ability to do so.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

And so he should if you don't use your abilities to do good.

21. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

A munitions worker uses his abilities to make bullets so he can keep his job, raise a family, send kids to university, support his aging parents and a sick wife. The bullets were used by a gunman who shoots 26 school kids. In this scenario, has the munitions worker used his ability to do good? Just curious

22. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I'm like you of course he did.

If he loaded the bullets in such a way that they would explode in the breach then that is a different matter. You could say "what about the person who mixed up the nerve gas in Syria?". He is a soldier under orders so absolved of crime. But the one giving the order may not.

23. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

The person who runs the company that makes the bullets is not going to hell just because he ordered his employee to make the bullets, since making them is a good thing. Is this your assessment?

So you are also saying that it is good to take ricin then stuff it into a warhead of a missile as long as you don't fire it at someone. Would God agree with you?