Does God allow evil? Of course not.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Fork, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

That is a funny question you know: "Does God agree with me?"
    Jesus understood the concept of orders, so a soldier taking orders is doing his duty. Unless he knew that it was morally wrong to follow that order he has no option. (I hope God agree with me.)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Then my friend, no one can take what you say about God as gospel, not even yourself. You only hope you are thinking correctly and it is logical to assume that you only hope you are telling people the right things also. This presents a small problem, why should anyone think that what you say about God is on the level?

From what you are telling me, I would have to think that God decides what's good based on bad things happening directly from one's actions. Indirect is OK. Is that correct?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Intentions more so than actions.

God is real, you can have your own experiences of God, so you don't have to take my word for it. I'm not asking you to believe me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

I think that should go for everyone. Hoping you are right is a great deal different than being right.

8. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Even jesus used the word "IF". He wasn't 100% sure his actions would work either. Life is a big IF. What certainty do you know of?

Where did you want me to go? ("I think that should go for everyone.")

9. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Perhaps Jesus hoped he was right also. Next time you go to church, pause a moment and think that the Pastor also hopes he is right. Why doesn't the Pastor start every Bible reading with the disclaimer, "I hope this is right".

I'm not suggesting you go anywhere. I fully uphold your right to believe whatever you want. I don't think it's morally right however, for anyone to tell people what is right when they only hope it's right. You could inadvertently lead someone down the wrong path even with good intentions. Is that an unreasonable conclusion to reach?

10. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I'm talking from experience.

11. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Doesn't change the fact that you're only hoping your right. Experiences or not, you only hope. So personally I think you should cease and desist declaring anything you discern from your experiences that might indicate what's right and what's wrong. It's morally reprehensible to preach gospel when there truly is no gospel that you can pass off as a certainty. Not sure if God would appreciate that, who would know what He thinks anyway, right?

12. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

The Lord Jesus is my teacher. The messages I get from him are true. The passages below speak of this. John 16:13 is what I was telling you about. Not trying to think it up but saying what you are given, and thereby able to predict the future.

"13 However when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He shall not speak from Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will show you things to come."

Read John 14:17

Probably easier to see if you have the whole part chapter.
    John 16.
    John 15:
    John 15

13. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I'm saying it isn't easy to take this role, but it is there waiting for someone to give it a go.

To have the messages and to speak them. It was supposedly the role of the Pope (spokesperson for God) or something like that, but it could really be anyone.

14. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Again, any human being is capable of saying exactly what you've laid out. You only hope that JC is who you believe him to be. That is not enough to preach it to the world and if you do then you should let those reading the quotes know that you only hope they are true. Pretty simple really. Believe whatever you want. I just think that it's a private matter, between you and whatever. You may feel the urge or even be told to go out and spread the word. Normally if you know it's fact then by all means let loose, but unfortunately you don't. I think that means any words or persons that encourage you to proselytize are dead wrong and this should immediately send alarm bells to the moral component of the brain. Too bad, I think you have your warning system shut off. By proselytizing I think one commits an outrageous act of conceit, an affront to all that's decent, especially to the minds of the young and the susceptible. I really think you need to take a step back and take a closer look at your actions to date and think of all the people you might have swayed. I don't think a private belief is anyone else's business but yours, give those people the same chance you had to form their own opinions.

15. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Go and read the North Texas Skeptic site and then come back saying what you have. "Robert"
    If in any field of science we had to be establish facts from the beginning any time someone took an interest where would we be?
    No, we build on what has been established and the next generation takes it a step further and that's how we get progress.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  16. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

You can't build on "established facts" if they haven't been established. A belief is not, nor will it ever be, an established fact. I think the only thing you have established is an artificial reality, so in some respects you do have something to build on.

17. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Its like a fitness programme it doesn't only work for the instructor.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

LOL. Yes, the religiously indoctrinated will often wish that upon others. That's why religions cause so much conflict and that's why we think and use reason to understand that. Hence, we are trying to do good by showing how believers behave due to their lack of morals and ethics and how religion causes good people to do bad things, but alas, we are to burn for an eternity for trying to do good, nonetheless.

19. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I'm not quite sure what you are saying, sorry and I read it twice too.
    The effort of doing good, hurts you on Earth so you get rewards in Heaven, otherwise why do it? Don't just pretend to do good. Next beggar you see take him home and build a room for him out the front of your house. The next dumb person you meet work with him for the next 20 years and teach him to speak.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

But, that is exactly what believers do, they pretend to do good because they want to get in good with the big guy. If they actually had morals and ethics, they wouldn't need the Bible to tell them to do that, just like atheists don't need religions to tell them to do good.

21. Stanley Registered Senior Member

Actually i have to disagree with you there. We make decisions to do good deeds. Do you help a poor person or walk by them with no help at all?

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sorry, are you asking me if I give money to every single person on the street with their hand out? Obviously, not. No one does.

23. Stanley Registered Senior Member

Yeah, so atheists dont help the poor?