Does God and his --- Obey or Die law--- say that Christians are to be slaves forever?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Say you liked building. So in eternity you started to build.
    You could build a Cathedral for every atom to sit in, a palace for every quark.
    When you had finished, with your eternity hardly yet begun, what would you do next?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dazz Registered Senior Member

You're the best troll EVER, in the history of EVERYTHING :roflmao:
    That was just comedy gold! :cheers:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

No. I will not love if rape and other bad thing remain. I would love to lay bad things to rest and that is all. How do you love bad things lol?

Love and perfection are yin and yang.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

God(s) actually never say anything. The words of those fictitious characters are composed by the authors of said fictional characters.

Self imposed slavery ends when the person imposing it chooses it to end.

So...do you still have (a) slave(s)? How many do as they are told? How many have died?

Who, in their right mind would or should believe it to be true? Who, in their right mind would or should believe it to be true that Greatest I Am is indeed in his right mind?

Maybe you should ask that question of Christians on a Christian Forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pmArHBW9ns

There again, maybe you should ask that question on a Creationist Forum.

This is your interpretation of a fictional story you read - did you check with the authors to determine the characters motivations for their actions?

There again, Greatest I am, you should probably ask that question of the authors of the fictional story you refer to.

Again, Greatest I am, your personal interpretation of your reading of a fictional story.

Again, Greatest I Am, self imposed slavery ends when the person imposing the slavery decides it will end.

8. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

As already noted: if the way life is usually lived and experienced is to be taken as the alpha and omega of all existence, of all experience, then things look pretty bleak.

:shrug:

9. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

If you become some new kind of creature when you die, then you aren't yourself any longer.

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Read your own quote. It talks about being freed from bondage and adopted as sons.

The context in Romans 6 talks about transferring your "slavery" from sin to God. It's an improvement.

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Can you not imagine living a radically different lifestyle, and still be yourself?