Does God care about atheists

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Seattle Valued Senior Member

The beauty of nature, the nuance of life, consciousness. You don't need to insert "God" into all this. All evidence points to God not being necessary for any of it. People enjoy listening to music and admire works of art but that has nothing to do with God (except to someone who needs to see God in everything).

All we are talking about is confirmation bias. It's the same thing that is at work in many Trump supporters. All evidence points to him being mentally ill but to them he is "crazy like a fox" or they are able to somehow contort every story to make him look "good" when the reality is far from that to anyone without just a confirmation bias on that subject.

When you can't lose an argument regardless of the underlying facts then you have gone beyond the bounds of reality.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Well, I don't want to contradict reality. Can we both agree that we are happy to be here, that it's worth the trip regardles of its pitfalls?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I didn't know much about him since I hadn't been born at the time. My mother told me about it.
    I don't believe so, but he's probably one of the more positive people I know, enjoying life, celebrating it at every opportunity, enjoying the company of friends and family.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yep.
    There's his girlfriend, and mom and dad next to him. BAZINGA!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

A boss of mine from about 22 years ago was atheist an told me he was disgusted to see his wife kneelin an prayin at the bed as he walked by the room... an about a year later he was full blown holly roller spreadin the word... an i saw him about 5 years ago at a grocery store an hes still religious... but his work houres had been cut short an money was tight an he said hes ready for jesus to return an take him away... he then ask if i was hiring... but i told him we was windin down an sellin the bidness in 2 mounthes an gonna retire.!!!

The moral of the story:::

Just cause you'r atheist dont necessarly mean you wont ever want Jesus back in you'r life.!!!

9. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Funny

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Good point, coming from an atheist.

Jan

11. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Simply consider faith effect, in whatever form it may be. Science has yet to know about supernaturals and miracles to declare it natural. Till then we can depend on scientific effects from faith and from activities motivated by keeping faith. Faith can be gained in many ways neither alone by religion nor alone by science.

12. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

We are each and all on a journey to elightenment.
    I am thinking you take a bit of this and a bit of that build your own universe basically fitting in what is reasonably proven and reliable perhaps always remembering your universe may need adjustment following observation.
    Science takes baby steps to build some sort of reliable model of reality as we speculate from there what we come up with who knows but science continually peels back layers in nature pushing the boundaries of reliable knowlegde.
    It gives us a reasonable degree of certainty.
    Alex

13. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Yes, it can also make us to gain faith by a different/science route and when we shall be able to get such ultimate faith, that will be the bast faith.

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I have put off a reply here but finally decided to let you in on the secret of ultimate faith...but it seems I forgot what I was going to say.
    Alex

15. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

It was relevant to relate faith depending on side effects i.e on science. Obiously we need to care risk benefit ratio in yet not ultimate scientific understandings. i had very bad experience when 1%(that to formality) risk lead to 100%.

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

We're all non believers of sorts.
    Belief in God isn't the goal, it's the norm.
    What happens from that point is what matters to the individual.
    Being in hell, is being without God.

Is that too kryptic, or do you get what I mean?

jan.

17. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I dont know what you mean.
    Alex

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I don't know how make that simpler.

jan.

19. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So, being an unbeliever ,"without God", means I'm going to burn for eternity?

Also you didn't answer in another thread that if I'm without God and kill myself because I hate my own life I'm going to suffer then an eternity of pain.

:EDIT:

And, oh yeah! You got miffed at me for saying things like I'm agnostic, or universe from nothing because of virtual particles, because they were an intellectual argument, but now I'm talking about something from a moral argument, aren't I?

Maybe believing in God means you don't have to care about other peoples feelings and dismiss them as you want?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Does it?
    Better get some skin protection then.

Based on your above statement, why do you ask?

I don't know what POV you're talking from, and I have no recollection of this conversation.

I take it you're an atheist.

Jan.

21. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So you haven't the courage to actually answer any of my questions.

(Note the above is a statement, a previous question was taken as a statement and not properly taken as a question.)

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I answered them by pointing to your answers of them.

I don't know what happens to the spiritual soul of an atheist, anymore than what happens to a theist. As far as I know theist and atheist aren't actions.

Jan.

23. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So you say, but what about this question then:

Also, you seem to have dismissed my questions quite easily.