Does God have any moral responsibility to his children?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, May 29, 2013.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Does God have any moral responsibility to his children?

Human parents have a moral responsibility to protect and try to raise their children to be what we think of as good citizens. Our laws, to some extent, make parents morally and legally responsible for the actions of their children.

God, our heavenly parent, is said to create our natures. Natures can only be followed. They cannot be changed, which I think is why God is said to hate some of us even in the womb; even before we can either do good or evil. IOW, he intentionally creates those he knows will be evil. I know some will blame man’s sins on his free will and thus shift the burden of responsibility for our sins away from God but that urge to sin is controlled by the nature and inclinations that God himself puts in us. We do have free will but that does not explain why our will, will go to evil instead of good. That desire is part of the nature that God puts in us as the story of Esau shows. In a way, Esau had no choice.

If God were just one of many Gods in a God society, would that society demand that he take responsibility in the same way human society has decided that a human child’s parent must take responsibilities?

Yes we would.

The fact that God punishes or rewards us seems to indicate that he at least thinks that he has some moral responsibility; otherwise he could not morally retain the right to punish or reward. At present we have no clear picture of what heaven and hell are like. God does not provide full disclosure even though our soul is at stake. That is not justice.

Should God’s responsibility include full disclose of what our true reward and punishment is?

God did not seem to think so in Eden, where Adam and Eve knew of only the one punishment before the act of disobedience. They soon found that the one punishment became many. It was a complete surprise for them. To me, that was completely immoral of God. That is like God lying to Adam and Eve by omission.

Does God have a responsibility for the souls he creates?

And since he could insure that all come to a good end in heaven, is making sure we get there also part of his responsibility since he creates the natures we cannot help but follow?

Any good human parent with God-like powers would insure the best end for his child if he had the power of a God. I know you and I would as part of our inclination to love and protect our children.

If God does not, does that make man more responsible than God in terms of accepting responsibility for our children?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

All over the world the word god means different things. I think personally god exists, but set out the laws of the universe and let the dice fall where they may.

I think how human life works, is that we are all given a certain amount of life force energy at birth, and thats all we have for life. People call it orgone, or what ever but we all have a resource of this, and when it runs out in your life, you cannot do anything about disease or sickness.

So personally i think we all have a certain amount of energy, you do with that what you want, and you can use it for light or go towards the dark. But you all have only a certain amount.

Thats the cold hard fact of living in the universe, and no this is not what you call karma. You get a certain amount of energy and do with it what you want. Remember this is not what you call karma.

So anyone blaming god for anything is wrong, its just the way the universe works, and we do not understand why things happen as we have not all the details of the variables going into any event. There is no such thing as coincidence, just we do not understand how it all works.

God does not need you to worship him, as your his creation anyway. Do you need your kids to worship you, no you still love your kids don't you.(i have no children, but you know what i mean)

Your only choices in life is to go towards the light or the dark, in every situation. Its your choice, and you use your energy how you want.

Once your life force runs out, your body is done for, and you cannot stop any sickness. So remember that, why some die young and some die old.

This by the way is why they get the public males so into sports to waste your energy. Why the hell does it matter whom wins, and why should you care. Your wasting your life force on this rubbish, and the gov done this to make it so. Its one of the main reasons for team sports, to waste your energies.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I don't think they do. But I don't think of us as the special children of the gods. Some of them pay attention to us, some of the time, because we are intelligent. Mostly, though, I see the gods as nature; they are the spiritual, the pure will, side of the natural world and the universe. So, I mostly see them as indifferent to us, like the old gods of Lovecraft's fiction; we are a part of nature, thus we are a part of them--but not moreso than anything else. They have no particular responsibility to us, just as they have no particular responsibility to the fish, or bears, or to Jupiter, or whatever other part of the universe.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

I still believe that osama bin laden was just a very spiritual person whom was wishing bad things on america.

Thats all he was, but because he was very spiritual and enlightened, they did not like him. They used him in 80's against there enemies, but when he turned on them, they wanted to use him as a scapegoat. You notice how they blamed everything on him. Some people reach a higher degree of spiritual stuff, and if you read above, you can see why america would of hated him, if he was a very spiritually intune person.

All he was probably was a very spiritual person wishing bad things on america.

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Andy

So much for being created equal.

Do you think it moral for a creator to give one soul 100 years of energy and for God to give some other soul 1 day's worth of energy?

Regards
    DL

9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

No, he doesn't. He poofed us into existence, and then turned his back on us, and now we moan and suffer, and then we will all burn in hell for all eternity while god will laff, because he just doesn't give a shit about us and all that.

10. arauca Banned Banned

Do the children have responsibility to acknowledge and obey their father ?

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

No argument.

Regards
    DL

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I did not obey mine much of the time yet I do not see him drop his responsibility to me.

Are you saying that God's unconditional love has conditions?

Regards
    DL