Does God make mistakes?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Alan McDougall, Jul 13, 2010.

1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

so, assuming that one doesn't have any of these conditions, they are not flawed?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nope. Do the parents of Down's Syndrome children also have Down's Syndrome?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

the baseline is flawed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

so if one has offspring that don't have any of these conditions, then one is not flawed?

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

False. One is still flawed because it depends on who you mate with. You could have normal children, then marry someone else, and then have flawed children. This applies, believe it or not, to the pious, like Sarah Palin.

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

two points

- I don't think genetics is the baseline (since even the genetically perfect still suffer immensely under the grip of conditioned nature)

- "flawed" is not the best word to describe it, ... unless of course one is harboring the desire to usurp the position of god (which is arguably what the living entity finds so alluring about conditioned nature in the first place)

10. lightgigantic Banned Banned

So one is flawed to the degree that genetically abhorrent offspring appear in one's family tree?

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what genetically perfect? isn't our conditioned nature a result of genetics as well? what is genetically perfect? i think sin is genetic and it makes us suffer. not only in our own skin, but by what we're conditioned to as well. and i think when sin is eradicated from our genetics, we will be able to commune without suffering at all.

perhaps that is perfection. 777.

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

someone who doesn't score a tick on spidergoat's list I guess

I think its more that genetics is a consequence of conditioned nature, since its all about being outfitted with a material body to better pursue one's material desires

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think it goes way beyond that, to an existence that we can't really even imagine. but that doesn't mean we can't look at the indicators and believe in the possibility.

which came first, the body or the desire?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Exactly. And genetics cannot be our fault. Our fault, as stated in the Bible, is knowledge of good and evil.

15. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

and before that where were you with god?
    or
    where was god in your life?
    he is always with us, even if we don't see him..when one becomes a christian we learn where to look..

i think of bible thumpers..ones who quote the bible like it was written by gods own hand..
    its not a rule book..its a guide..

i have noticed on here that when atheist argue against the bible, there focus tends to be on the old testament..its hard to get their heads out of it..i posted a verse awhile back..

16. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

Loving is unGodly though because love is something we do out of needs and we have needs due to circumstances we can't control. That means loving is a weakness or limitation. God can do good for someone, He can also do bad for someone.
    It should be noted that we love or hate due to circumstances we can't control.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

My point is that you can label them flaws of a sort, but even people who don't have them are flawed (or more precisely, tortured by their material desires) so there is a grander or more subtle aspect to conditioned nature than one's body or the hereditary issues that gave rise to it

desire (which consequently gives rise to corporeal existence and a host of other desires)

18. lightgigantic Banned Banned

then it doesn't explain why people/couples who don't have them experience what you could call "flaws" well outside the prospect of giving rise to genetically abhorrent children

really?
    You have some idea how genetics stands aloof from notions of karma?

or to put it another way, the pursuit of material desire in an inferior universe that bestows birth, death, old age and disease

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, conditioning is culture, not instinct. The Bible says sin is the result of knowledge, so as long as one remains innocent like an animal, one is free of sin. So sin takes place in the brain (Jesus said it's a sin even to think of doing something bad), we aren't born with it. In science, there is no such thing as perfection genetically, but that view differs from the religious outlook.

20. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

um..what does relate mean to you?

i'm not afraid of God.(that doesn't mean im gonna go spit in his yard)
    you gotta respect anyone who can put up with all the bull humanity has to offer..

i was waiting for the punch line..it never came..

You too can have a spiritual life without God, call 1-800-666-SATN, we will show you how, free of charge, at no cost to you..just sign here and it will be yours..

by what she said in the video..someone could use Pee Wee Herman as a spiritual master???

which one am I?
    i can accept that
    only by those that don't know how to answer you..

there is too much gunfire to be neutral..:shrug:

i don't know about any of that..
    that's gonna happen no matter what..

are you talking generally to all christians or to someone specific?

(is that considered spamming my own post?)

21. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

lol..lori..i clicked your link..it ended as i read the last post..

22. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

But perhaps it is not so bad.
    Perhaps this is simply the "human condition", and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

One mangy dog barking at another mangy dog - kind of silly, come to think of it.

If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch!

23. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

But that means you deem yourself knowledgeable of "reality"!
    That is bold!

To me, this means that you see yourself as an instance worthy and relevant enough to function as a source of perspective.

Yes. And it seems to go back to "thinking myself good/worthy/competent enough to not constantly having to fear I will cause offense or otherwise do something wrong". Which I have so much trouble with.

I'd probably think I read the wrong definition, especially if the person telling me that "parochial" meant a type of fish would be a theist or someone toward whom I would feel fear.

I'm not sure I understand what your "why" is referring to.

Ha!
    It's "they", actually.

Then I would have to value my clarity above offending others!

I haven't decided yet.

Perhaps because I am from Pluto ...

From the perspective of my upbringing, it is a sacrilege, an act of utter vanity to talk like you often do - "It has to resonate with reality" or "But you should still ask in order to become clear of the point".

"You can never hate yourself enough. You can never think yourself stupid enough. The best thing for you to do would be to just disappear. You should go to a dark corner and die of shame." - that is what I usually hear in my mind.
    Anything that doesn't sound like that seems like a sacrilege, an act of vanity.