Does God use a full disclosure policy or does he hide information?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Feb 10, 2011.

1. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Hope Sarah Palin can do better, although I won't be voting for her, which would not based on her gender. Her church states that she, if elected, and, as she was as Governor, must defer to her husband at home, and even to the male elders when in church, and I agree that this is just as dumb as most of the apostles having had to be male.

It is really that human mammals at large are still in their infancy, except for some very smart people on SciForum, of course.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think it's more likely "they're" putting mind control drugs in ranch salad dressing.

heh, heh, heh. no seriously...don't eat the ranch.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Good, for I only have crumbly blue cheese dressing.

Religion does enough mind control. As for politics, at least they speak of what can sometimes be seen.

Perhaps a bisexual hermaphrodite will be elected President.

(Now, I don't want to hear any curse-word statements about what s/he can do to her-im-self.)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Lori, ever notice that English has no gender-neutral (epicene) pronouns, letting men get all the credit, such as talking about doctors and then using 'he' as a refer back?

I will be inventing some gender neutral pronouns, although they may take a thousand years to catch on.

Sometimes the plural "their" is used as singular, but we don't really want to further corrupt that, but to relieve it, say with "eir", for both continuity and for it to be a new and separate word.

In fact, all the new pronouns should start with 'e', so as to make them more systematic, 'e' being the first invention, standing for 'he or she', although s/he still works fine for the written word, when slashed are allowed.

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

that would be great, as long as they weren't as dumb as palin. i swear if that cunt gets elected i'll be convinced "they're" putting mind control drugs into something, and i'm moving out.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

while i'm all for inventing new words, i like that there's a he and a she. i think it's all very ying yang. :shrug:

10. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

There still would be a he and a she, as it's only for when we don't know or don't care, since, otherwise we would have put the specific gender of the specific person.

Any new word inventions? Doesn't have to be about a common pronoun, for there also 'mankind' ('humankind'?) and many more to consider, such as 'man-holes' which really can't be called 'person-holes'.

As of now, we also have from you that 'men' = 'dumb', but that's not always true.

11. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

"He yinned with his yang for her", it said on the romantic novel cover…

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't think that men in general, are any dumber than women in general, just to clarify. i mean, if women were really that dissatisfied they could just shut their legs right? ha ha! but no.

nothing's coming to mind in the word development department at the moment.

13. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

I once heard a lady tell another shape-worrying lady that, indeed, her legs were good. The response was "Yes, they're good when they're open!"

So, using 'e' for he or she, which still sounds like he or she, separately, but meaning that we don't know or care, plus, 'e' is already used in some forms of British, then perhaps 'erm' is good for him or her, which would naturally extend, such as onto 'ermself' for the gender-neutral case instead of the clumsy "himself' or 'herself", although the wrong usage of 'themself is still available, which now suggests to me that we could even use 'em' instead of 'erm', which still starts with 'e' and even gets used as a contraction for 'them', such as in "Go get 'em".

So we have "E got em, emself", for example. Still, though, 'em' sounds plural, but we still have 'them' for that.

(Maybe we need a new them on how to relieve gender bias)

14. lightgigantic Banned Banned

like all issues of full disclosure, if the third party doesn't make the effort to get of their laurels and get the disclosure, they don't.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Down with undisclosed, invisible, unknown notions, for they don't amount to anything at all, not even a hill of beans.

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

with that attitude you're not even a candidate for partial disclosure ....

17. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

I know, for these unknowns seem to ever remain unknown.

18. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

It seems strange that some Hypothetical Being would produce Universal Truths which this Hypothetical Being wouldn't want known.

Can anybody provide a rationale for this?

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

kind of like is the mail box is unknown, the eviction notice from the land lord is unknown

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

when the truths are obvious (which they are), the entity will become obvious as well.

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

if you factor in the hypothetical illusion of the hypothetical living entity, it should be hypothetically approachable as a rationale ...

22. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

No answers so far...

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

much like there is no mail for a person who doesn't know where the mail box is .....
    :shrug: