Does racial mixing have any bad effects on society?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by desi, Jul 29, 2007.

1. peta9 Registered Senior Member

The postive aspect is it helps to gain understanding and not treat others like subhumans.

Look at the horrors of the bastardly twentieth century simply from believing your race deserves to live and not another. People who believe others aren't sentient or have feelings or whatever else they dreamed up about another because of isolation. We don't want to repeat that dastardly crap.

But if you really look at this it's still racism either way. The inability to respect another race unless you've mixed with them is just as selfish and objectifiying as those who don't want to because they think they are subhuman and deserve to be used or oppressed by them.

It's about taking the lesser of the two pathetic weak nature of evil.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

DiepThought: "Nature created the [fictional strongholds of "black" and "white"] your talking about [, Te Jen].

Te Jen explained that there are no strongholds. The gene pool is vast, ancient, seemingly slow-moving- But fast-forward from the beginning, and it's been a screaming blender. You can understand this if you try:

Give a glass of water a drop of food-coloring. Don't stir. Just watch. This is known as scientific observation.

You can use this experience to expand your awareness. In an anthropological sense, an analogy using the blending action of solubles may be compared with human fucking, which has been quite popular for some time now. This may pain you if you are a racist, but inter-racial sex has also been more than a passing fad for a few millennia. Someday you'll understand, but you don't have to actually knock up an Aboriginee just to gain this insight, unless you are uncommonly stupid. If you will only pay attention, the water glass and food-coloring can provide you with the experience necessary for understanding.

"Just look a map of the World. Africa and Europe have no common land bridge."

News flash: Humans invent boat! Float them across the Nile! Shocking, but true!

Continents float too. Oceans come sweeping into the heart of EurAfrica in a rush. Legendary events. But yet there are so many things you seem to not know. I will assume you are at least aware of the later success of the airplane, a bitter blow to the segregationist cause.

"Australia and its people - the Aborigines - are not just separated by geography but by time as well."

Aboriginees are cavemen from another time? Did you learn this shit at the Creation Museum?

"Hundreds of thousands, possible millions of years of it. It is not possible to undo this with multi-culturalism."

Undo what? Inferior subhumans walking the Earth? Mixing with the Master Race? Where did you learn this? I've heard it somewhere before...

"Europe is white and Africa black."

That's odd. I've lived in both places. Have you? I didn't perceive anything like your manichean movie there.

"Just compare Britain and the Congo."

Let's compare you and me.

"No physical or intellectual commonality exists."

I can talk stupid. I also think I could probably kick your ass.

"Two separate races in two separate places."

Two shits passing in the night. We've all been bobbing in the same gene pool for a very long time. We'll even go down the tubes together.

"I don't know what your problem is with white Europeans or Black Africans being what they are."

Oh yeah?

"Now, what color do you suppose those first humans were?"

Darker, and also better-educated than you.

"Trick question, because the answer is irrelevant."

Damn. I thought this thread was about racism.

"Humans evolved from different species of primates."

Please make a reasoned explanation of that. I know that both evidence and common knowledge show otherwise.

"This is why primates have different colored skin underneath their hair."

You have watched Planet of the Apes one time too many. Get help.

"Sorry if this scares you"

It's not scary, it's stupid.

"it's the only sensible explanation rather than 'genetic mutation', 'out of Africa', 'evolutionary adaptation', etc, etc, blah, blah....endless intellectual somersaults..."

Please, no intellectual athleticism! God help us!

"we cannot accept the reality that is right in front of our eyes."

Ape-men, Baboon-ladies, Makakas? Oooh. owowowowawaaawaaa!

"We need to get back to basics"

You mean good old-fashioned segregation?

"...stop dealing in the liberal, free-market fairy tales that enable economic injustice and the rape of nature to continue."

Look! That filthy monkey-man over there is a Liberal, and he's raping lily-white Mother Nature! STOP HIM!

"Black and white exist. Nature created us - but not together."

You've got a lot to discover. Go get a glass of water and some food-coloring. Then get some science and history books, and try and catch up with the rest of your underclass.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DeepThought Banned Banned

It's known as Brownian Motion....get an education.

Hahahaha.... you compare the random action of particles suspended in a liquid to human culture? Even to human families? That's pretty disgusting.

You must be an atheist.

I disagree... a boat is not a land bridge. It's a boat. LOL.

No. Aborigines have their own ancient culture and traditions which we have no right intruding upon... much less destroying. And no white people should not mix with them or any other race. Such mixing is the result of evil actions by a minority of whites (colonialism and slavery) and hence would be wrong.

Sorry, Africa belongs to black people not white people... you are still seeing the world through a colonial mindset. There are almost a billion black people living in Africa - does that frighten you?

Do you truly believe that is what is happening here?

I don't think you do....I don't think it is.

If you look back you'll see your replying to questions put by your liberal friend - te jen - not me. For the record there is no such things as the 'first humans'.

Evolutionary theory cannot explain in the slightest how in less than 100,000 years humans turned from black Africans into white Europeans.

They got physically smaller, got bigger ears, got lighter colored skin, dropped IQ points, got smaller penises, got smaller heads, got less muscular, their noses changed, their lips changed, their eyes changed, their hips became narrower, they increased their fat to muscle ratio, they became less fertile, they became less aggressive, their stature changed, their centre of gravity changed, etc....

In effect they changed completely.

Neither can it explain how Asians came into existence.

The answer is a lot simpler.... it never happened.

Segregation is natures way. The only reason that segregation was ended in the States was so that black people could be brainwashed into white society... and eventually exterminated.

Now you've come into this thread puffed full of liberal self-righteousness.

But you need to learn now that you - a white liberal - cannot decide what other people are just so you can retain your economic and social privileges.

If the fact that black people exist and have their own history and culture scares you I think you need to re-examine your views.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

You forgot the part where they were bought and sold. Looks like you need to give it some deeper thought.

8. DeepThought Banned Banned

Tiassa,

You are truly sick and inhuman to say such a thing.

I hope as a moderator you will have the guts to apologise to any black people who view this thread.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Accounting for human variation from one individual to the next, there might be some people who are both black and offended. However, I'll go so far as to assert that most blacks who view the post and this topic, much like anyone else, are simply smarter than that.

If there wasn't money in the slave trade, how much of a slave trade would there have been? Or did American slavery simply occur out of hatred?

In the meantime, answer the question: Is trade (commerce) evil for its role in causing slavery?

We could go beyond that and indict the abstract concept of economy, as well, but it seems that would distress you unduly.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

There is no stronghold of yellows, and the blacks in Australia or Papua New Guinea are far more widely separated from Africa than the whites of Greece are.
    This is still complete BS. None of those differences are correlated with each other, and their combinations do not identify any races. The only way for you to identify someone as a member of a certain race is to look at their face and see what it looks like to you - and you appear to judge basically by skin color. Al balcks are the same race, to you, for example.

Until you have some kind of refutation of people who have researched these correlations - such as John Komlos - all you are telling me is that Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley, Forest Whittaker and Oprah Winfrey, acheived their athletic and media prominance due to their lack of body fat, small heads, and low intelligence. And that Tiger Woods's wife bosses his career around.

In all of human history, that we know of, all human groups have had specific means for enabling outbreeding wherever possible - not only marriage rules that mandate it (such as the Australian or Navajo clan restrictions), or expectations of raid and war, but outright promiscuity societally arranged.

The early Western explorers (both black and white) of the high arctic - where yellows live in small and widely spaced groups vulnerable to inbreeding - found the wives and daughters of their hosts both willing and available, for example.

And in tales of old times, such as the Mabinogian, we find passing references to such apparently unremarkable events as visiting soldiers being supplied with local women, especially if they needed mollifying.

Humans have gone to a great deal of trouble to avoid having their breeding confined to cousins, with desire and custom often in complete harmony, and custom often having certain complexities when its overt structure conflicts too much with the basic biological situation. For example, our overt custom is to confine breeding to monogamous marriage between virgins who are members of friendly, related tribal units - obviously that would tend to inbreeding, if too rigidly enforced. But as we know, that's not the whole story.

Look at the Spanish aristocracy of not too long ago (their faces immortalized in oil paintings) for an idea of where too much cousin-breeding can lead.

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

12. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

You argue like a Creationist- "I think it is impossible that that ever happened, so it must never have happened."

This is not scientific. Do you have any evidence for your position? I mean we can demonstrate that everyone across the planet has a shared genetic heritage going back to the rise of Homo Sapiens, but presumably you won't accept that.

13. Fugu-dono Scholar Of Shen Zhou Registered Senior Member

I'm a byproduct of several generations of racial mixing. I fail to see how it's bad socially but for a few racists idiots judgement here and there. Enrichment of genepool is a good thing too.

14. desi Valued Senior Member

Lets drop the term racist on this thread for the sake of candid open discussion.

Some people sincerely believe racial mixing is bad. An example of the reasoning they use is if black guys started having babies with white women instead of black women the children might be less gifted in sports than if the black guys had babies with black women. I think most people can see the line of reasoning there. Is it valid? If it is is it valid for other traits?

15. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

When did this happen?
    The people in the South who fought hardest to maintain laws against mixed race marriage, for example, definitely hated blacks. As far as I can tell hatred of mixed race relationships is very common on racist websites that have all sorts of negative opinions about non-whites. The Nazis were against racial mixing and they also were wildly racist. What world are you living in? What year did the transition take place to your world?

16. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

No liberal has this opinion. There may have been economic liberals who thought this, just as there were economic conservatives who thought this. No person in the world who says they are for multi-culturalism approves of slavery. Your position is truly dumb. I don't think in most debates insults should be used, but you are so confused and your confusion is so offensive you earn the title.

17. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I have not read all, but Yes, diversity is a real advantage to society or at least to humanity. If all were genetically more similar, the survival of humans is at greater risk.

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

NOTE FROM THE MODERATOR COMMUNITY:
    Science shows us that we are all descended from a clan of apes in Africa that differentiated genetically from chimpanzees into hominids six million years ago. Moreover, the DNA in every one of us goes back to a single African female proto-human.

You are asserting that the entire body of scientific theory--which has been meticulously derived from the observation and analysis of DNA and fossil evidence--is wrong. This is a textbook example of an "extraordinary assertion." Therefore, in accordance with the scientific method, it must be supported by "extraordinary substantiation."

Please provide such substantiation immediately. This can be in the form of new evidence that you personally have discovered in your own scientific research, new analysis of the existing evidence performed by you personally in your scientific work, or peer-reviewed work performed by other scientists that you have discovered in your scientific studies.

Until you provide this substantiation, your assertion of such a patently absurd hypothesis, in one of this website's science forums, would seem to fall into the category of "trolling." Please cease immediately.
    This is evidence of your lack of scientific education, which raises further suspicion that you are posting wild speculation merely to elicit angry responses: trolling. Skin color is an extremely ephemeral trait in mammals, which can change in a few dozen generations. It is not stable enough to be evidence of ancestry.
    Your hypothesis is not supported by the evidence. You have been advised that your reasoning is flawed and is not supported by the evidence. Since this is a science subforum, please do not post this assertion here again without new evidence or reasoning or it will be counted as trolling. You are free to continue this argument under Pseudoscience.
    As noted above, you are not well informed about human biology. The skin color of a population changes rapidly as it migrates north or south. A higher level of solar radiation selects for a higher leval of melanin to prevent sunburn; a lower level of radiation selects for a lower level of melanin to prevent vitamin deficiency. Look at the difference in average skin tone between the Irish and the Bengali, two remnants of the Indo-European tribe that spread out from the northwestern Mideast only (roughly) 5,000 years ago.
    Yet that cultural bias was unable to prevent them from expressing their personal instinct to freshen the gene pool. Southern planters routinely dallied with their female slaves, and DNA analysis continues to reveal how widespread the practice was. In many cases they sent their mixed-race children off to school in Europe, a slightly more enlightened region where they were not considered so remarkable.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thanks, Fraggle.

20. Aivar A.R. Registered Senior Member

Ya man, I'm witcha. Ain't no truth in dem darnedly bleedin'-heart liberal media channels, dem all evil, mon, evil!! Dey say sumpin', ya now it ain't tr00.

Hey... how long do you think the latinas (daughters of the Spanish and the indians) will last without being, erm... genetically undone? It's really my favorite "type" (or something) combination. But I'm afraid there won't be too many of them left with all the racial mixing.

That's just about my only problem with racial mixing. Other than that, go on, try different combinations!

edit - but... if we do mix and we all become more similar, umm... does that mean we'll be less healthy from them on? Or would it never come to that? With the available travelling methods, it seems reasonable to assume any "race" person can have any race partner. Or maybe this doesn't go for everyone. Or there'll be new "races".

'course if whites can mix with whites without a problem, then combined-colored mixing with combined-colored all over the world would definitely be okay. And there might develop different groups not based on appearance, but other qualities. Who knows.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

LOL wouldnt you be quilty of that yourself then ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I hope you're joking.

There are many differences, even down to fundamental aspects like skull shape.

Slightly off the subject. Earlier, I was thinking: In the "old days", the majority of the population would today be considered racist. The minority in charge made the propaganda (in order to dehumanise whole peoples, making it more acceptable to exploit/conquer them) and the masses heard it over and over, and they became indoctrinated and believed what they were told. Therefore, in those days the only people who thought for themselves were those of a different opinion....those for racial equality, fair treatment, bla bla bla.

Where is the propaganda coming from nowadays? What do the masses believe today? Who are the ones thinking for themselves?

An exercise in objectivity for all of you.

23. Willy Banned Banned

What would be the benifits of Asians "racial mixing" with Africans?