Does racial mixing have any bad effects on society?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by desi, Jul 29, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But isn't that association with colon and prostate cancer rather than skin cancer?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river-wind Valued Senior Member

Socials ideals, customs, and common behaviors - cultural traits - that usually change slowly over time (though sometimes the change is quicker). This change can be due to external influence (for instance, the conversion of a village to Christianity due to missionary effort), or internal pressure (as when oral histories shift first in detail then in theme over many generations - the whisper-down the lane effect, weighted by changes in the political or environmental situation in which the storyteller finds themselves).

Basically, it's a "gene" of culture, passed not through reproduction, but through communication and learning.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Atom Registered Senior Member

Yes the description is correct but the word 'memes' exists only in the mad brain of scientists. No such thing exists so please desist from using it.

I think you ARE correct in your general point. It is is far more about 'Culture' than 'Race' or 'Colour'. People ARE different - for a whole complex of genetic and cultural reasons. Just how different was brought home to me when I moved from one 'developing' country to another: from the then Zaire to Korea. A formative experience.

'People are much the same the world over'?

False - one of the central liberal delusions of our age.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Atom Registered Senior Member

Oddly enough, yesterday I was reading various aritcles that 'Have Overturned the Theory of Evolution'.

We shouldn't be surprised by this...scientific ideas are mere straws in the wind blowing this way and that. Its no wonder that Intelligent Design is catching on so fast. Science merely conforms to the latest fad or trend whereas a true science such as Astrology stand the testament of Times whilst scientific theories are link Castle made of Sand.

Lets get back on-topic though.

You have some bizarre evidence that seems to back up your views..much as I may disagree with the tone of them.

If the linear theory that Homo habilis evolved into Homo erectus and on into Homo sapiens is debunked, then from what did Homo sapiens evolve?

All available evidence suggests Homo sapiens did evolve from Homo erectus, possibly via an intermediate form. This process happened in Africa, some time after a million years ago.

What are possible candidates for ancestors of Homo habilis and Homo erectus?

Difficult to tell. The two species will likely have had a common ancestor living in Africa between two and three million years ago.

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1245222007

8. river-wind Valued Senior Member

But then you go on to describe the exact thing it refers to? Does culture not spread and change? Then the word applies. If you don't like the particular term, come up with a better one.

I haven't seen a better word to describe the evolution of a culture, and the individual thoughts that are its foundation. So I will continue to use it, because it works.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not if skin cancer is correlated with low light exposure of dark-skinned people.

Association only, of course - correlation, no mechanism established.

We're seeing rickets again, in the industrial regions of the norh. Dental problems. The hijab is not a sensible article of clothing, in the fall and spring of the high latitudes. Neither is hiding indoors, out of the sun, sensible behavior. Supplements work, if taken in fairly high doses and faithfully, for averting childhood calcium uptake abnomalities caused by breastfeeding with deficient milk, but there is some evidence hinting that skin-manufactured D is more effective in fighting cancers and other diseases.

http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cfm?cat_id=38&sub_cat_id=1336
    http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/do...1754.2007.01143.x?cookieSet=1&journalCode=jpc
    http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-IjbSK44icqKEbe9dJuBBUbA-?cq=1&p=53
    - - -
    One problem with memes is that you are never sure when you have one at hand - or even if they are a countable set. Useful for shorthand discussion, if everyone involved agrees with the maning in use, but hard to get into the scientific method - counting is kind of important, there.

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

better gentic diversity

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Well duh. Asians are as self-deprecating as any people when they feel comfortable around you. One of the things many of them speak of wistfully is being taller.

12. Willy Banned Banned

Because Asians have such high IQ's they do not qualify for Affirmative Action programs, even though they are a minority.

If Asians were to have "racial mixing" with Africans, Asians would lose there evolutionary intellectual advantage.

13. Willy Banned Banned

Diversity means difference.

Racial mixing would create less diversity.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

diversity is more about vairity then difference. and i said genetic diversity a better selection of genes. don't take part of what i say and attack that look at the whole sentence.

15. devire Registered Member

good point. the same could apply for whites. if all asians and whites breeded with just blacks and vice versa, we would most likely have less frequency of geniuses. and thus society would suffer for obvious reasons. even for blacks, because they benefit from the scientific advancements made by geniuses too.

16. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Does anyone know why so many Jewish people are opposed to racial mixing?

17. Atom Registered Senior Member

These are just theories and of course science is based on theories that are constantly changed and filtered through the sieve of time. Some are merely mutated whlst others are demolished.

Only last week it was suggested -with considerable evidence - that there was not one tribe but two..Homo Erectus and Homo Habilis. It toally discredits the evolutionists iconic illustration of human evolution that begins with a knuckle-dragging ape and ends with a briefcase-carrying man.

Always be open to the idea that scienitific ideas are merely theories. Whenever I suggest that..we get the refrain that we are 99% sure. Its amazing how often that little old 1% of dissent turns out to be startlingly accurate.

Skin colour denotes where your ancestors came from...as does your body..height..weight...length of limbs..type of hair..and from that comes what you eat and what you wear..your background also decides little factors of inheritence such as stamina..hearing eye sight..ability to run for long periods etc ...ones culture is very much wrapped up in skin colour

I think we have reached the point in the worlds history where all the edges will begin to blur....but we will never be a uniform world people....we wont survive long enough.

I would be slightly sad to see the end of the Caucasian Race..inventive..explorative..innovative..but we will pass our genes on as others will pass those on to us...but differences will still be there and no doubt used for predudice..racism will not die out with the white race..it will continue and who will the world have to blame then lets face it the chinese dislike blacks more than they dislike whites...and Indians still want light skinned brides....to assume that its only white skinned people who had/have racism in their soul is sadly far from the truth.

They keep their money amongst their own people. As someone who has dealt with Jewish businesses, its always necessary to keep a very close eye on how swiftly they pay up. If they go bankrupt then the non-Jews will be the last to know.

Jewish businesses tend to employ jewish people. I'm not sure how they get away with this but its always been the case in my experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  18. River Ape Valued Senior Member

What is your evidence for this? Most are opposed to Jews "marrying out", but are they not rather in favour of racial mixing among non-Jews?

19. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

But then they could just change their T-shirt. You can't properly oppress a group if people can leave it whenever they want

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That sounds quite Utopian, but it's possible. It's all a matter of people's perspective, and that generally seems to be improving.

I don't think it's possible for a population of 6 billion humans to become homogeneous, even if they did interbreed completely randomly. But even a small amount of intermarriage can make peace between hostile ethnicities. Royal families in Europe used to trade daughters to cement alliances . . .

A Google search brings up an article about an 80% intermarriage rate among Jews in the Bay Area. Of course, the remaining 20% may well be opposed to it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Diet will take care of that, in the Western world.

Two generations, to allow for developmental methylation. Six foot Japanese are already common, even in Japan.

Just as the reduction of lead poisoning and immigrant dilution of stereotype reinforcement will change the comparative crime and schooling traits of black Americans.

If we were dogs, we'd all be the same breed. The only thing racial mixing will do is blur the artificial racial distinctions circumstance has set up. That and produce some dark skinned people with slant blue eyes.

21. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Culture.
    Simples as that.

22. Rickjames Registered Member

LOL some of the comments here prove once again that human stupidity knows no bounds.

"deep thought' said:

Nature created the 'strongholds' your talking about. Just look a map of the World. Africa and Europe have no common land bridge. Australia and its people - the Aborigines - are not just separated by geography but by time as well. Hundreds of thousands, possible millions of years of it. It is not possible to undo this with multi-culturalism.

wow..............