Does space bend In a pure vacuum ?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by river, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So why did you answer, How so?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Space-time bends but not space .

Explain pad .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Because I wanted to know the thinking .

I try not to assume what one is thinking , you tell me .

I disagree with the theory that the moon is a consequence of planet to planet collision .

Moon rock analysis says that the moon is older than Earth is .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Already done.
    Do you? Why? Have you any evidence supporting any other hypothesis?
    Reference?
    WIKIhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Moon
    The Moon's oxygen isotopic ratios seem to be essentially identical to Earth's.[4] Oxygen isotopic ratios, which may be measured very precisely, yield a unique and distinct signature for each Solar System body.[5] If Theia had been a separate protoplanet, it probably would have had a different oxygen isotopic signature from proto-Earth, as would the ejected mixed material.[6] Also, the Moon's titanium isotope ratio (50Ti/47Ti) appears so close to the Earth's (within 4 parts per million) that little if any of the colliding body's mass could likely have been part of the Moon.

"Today it is known that the oceanic crust that makes up this ocean basin is relatively young, about 200 million years old or less, whereas the Moon is much older. The Moon does not consist of oceanic crust but of mantle material, which originated inside the proto-Earth in the Precambrian."
    "One of the challenges to the longstanding theory of the collision, is that a Mars-sized impacting body, whose composition likely would have differed substantially from that of Earth, likely would have left Earth and the moon with different chemical compositions, which they are not."
    —NASA[1]

https://www.space.com/moon-older-than-thought-apollo-lunar-rocks.html
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    OK again river, you disagree, so what is your hypothesis about the Moon?
    From where I sit or stand, it is certainly strong and convincing, but just as certainly not as strong or convincing as the evidence for the BB, the evidence for both SR and GR and of course the 100% certainty of the theory of evolution of life.

8. river

No you have not done so .

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You lied earlier with regards to denial of what you have been told...so more lying, or is it dementia? My apologies if it is. post 239

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

river:

No.
    Who cares? What we observe in our universe is space and matter and energy etc. The aim of science is to describe our universe.

Or are you asking about some kind of abstract theoretical idea or something?
    Why not? What's wrong with our current best theories on the formation of the moon?

In general relativity, space and time are described as components of a four-dimensional manifold that we call "spacetime". When we talk about the "curvature" of spacetime, we're talking about the geometrical curvature of the manifold. Space is not said to "curve" in the absence of time. Bear in mind that this is a mathematical model - a description that helps us to predict what we observe when we look at real-world objects.

Who cares what you disagree with? As usual, you give no reasons.

Does it? That's interesting. Please provide a link, since I'm interested in following this up.

Thank you!

11. river

None of which explains that real space does not bend , you know real space as in room needed to exist , but space-time does .

12. river

So no space is needed for the BB to occur ?

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

OK, I'll settle for stupidity enveloped somewhat by Dementia at this time.

The BB was the evolution of space and time [spacetime] from t+10-43 seconds as we know them. We do not know the how or the why.
    You have also been told that at least four times?
    Are you keeping something secret from us???

14. river

I just think it is a very poor answer to my question .

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Space and time are theorised to have started at the moment of the big bang. If they did, then there is no need for any "pre-existing" space or time.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That's because your head is filled with nonsensical anti establishment bias due to the nonsense you read. Try some reputable science books as David wisely told you a few days ago.

17. river

But what made up BB in the first place ?

18. river

Yeah nothing more than mathematical theory rather than a theory based on real physical things . ​

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

post 234

20. river

Just an inadequate answer .

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It is theorised that all of the matter and antimatter in our universe came into being at the moment of the big bang. There was slightly more matter than antimatter, so we ended up with a universe that is mostly matter.

If time started at the big bang, then it makes no sense to ask what was there before the big bang. On this view, there was no "before the big bang".

22. river

What of energy ?

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

From some who lacks the adequate skills to understand science or put a sentence together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.