Does space bend In a pure vacuum ?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by river, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yet it does....You have plenty of woulds and coulds river, but no damn evidence to debunk what is already known. Shame what you claim will always fall on deaf ears and mean sweet fuck all in the greater scheme of things river. In other words, you don't matter.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I must be off river, no time to answer your trolling nonsense, in the meantime, here's a song, summing up near all you have to say.......

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Change in thinking takes time . For some .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

But you don't think river! Did you really think through your claim about the atomic war on Mars?
    Let me make an observation...I bet you havn't got too many friends river. I mean if you did have a real friend, he would surely explain to you to avoid making yourself look silly.
    Do you go out much? I mean once all this shit is over. Did you go out much before?
    Sad state of affairs so I'll make you happy and agree with all you have to say in the fringe part of the forum that is....OK? Cause I wanna be your friend!

8. river

You agree with what I say because it is the Truth , nothing more .

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure, sure river, whatever you say, I want us to be friends.
    Listen, just to cement our friendships, and my promise to agree with whatever you say in the fringe sections, how about I harness up my two unicorns in the backyard, and we go for a bit of a gallop?

10. river

There is Nothing friendly about you pad .

You know the Truth of what I say .

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Come on river, I'm at your back door with the two unicorns all saddled up ready to go....
    I do though have an ulterior motive. I want to hear as many profound wise one liner statements that you can give me, OK? C,mon river not having any friends, you can't really afford to be choosy!!

12. river

Space does not bend , at all .

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

True.

What bends is spacetime.

Your ideas, fanciful as they are, aren't based on knowledge of what you're actually talking about.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Any light that reaches us from a distance star has obviously not been absorbed by any matter, or else we wouldn't be seeing it.

If you're trying to argue that some kind of interaction of the light with matter (e.g. ordinary refraction) could account for gravitational lensing images, then the bad news for you is that such explanations have been ruled out.

15. river

Not absorbed James R , but bent as light is in water .

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

That would be refraction.

17. river

Indeed , James R .

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Some limited progress.
    And of course it does nothing to invalidate the gravitational lensing of light and the fact that it follows geodesics in spacetime, that confused you before

19. river

Still refraction , by energy and matter in space .

Space is not empty of energy nor matter .

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Any link, reference to support that nonsensical claim? Or is this simply more river's say so and your many pseudo-facts, that you pretend exists?
    I don't believe you know what refraction is.
    Do you know what refraction is? Here, let me help you....
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ref.....69i57j0l7.8615j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
    " the fact or phenomenon of light, radio waves, etc. being deflected in passing obliquely through the interface between one medium and another or through a medium of varying density" .
    So like the absorption and reflection of light, it happens with that light hitting or directed at the intervening galaxy.
    The observed gravitational lensing is the light travelling through the spacetime around the intervening galaxy, from the distant quasar, which we would never be able to see if it wasn't via gravitational lensing....as per.....

??? No one said it was...but that simply reflects on your continued stupidity after being told many times, it is not space bending, it is spacetime. Light follows geodesics in spacetime.
    You understand what geodesics are river?

Obviously river, you'll continue playing your trolling games, but at least that trolling is now confined to the fringes and away from the factual science.

21. river

Obliquely , definition ;

Not in a direct way . Slantwise .

Have I got this right so far pad ?

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

With regards to the light passing into the intervening galaxy.
    Any of that light that happens to be refracted, or reflected, is obviously refracted and reflected away from Earth.....

Gravitational lensing happens with the light that is bent around the intervening galaxy, enabling us to see the distant quasar, which would otherwise be hidden.

23. river

Refracted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.