Does space bend In a pure vacuum ?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by river, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

river likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Why do you think it loses energy?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Is there still a gallon of paint on the floor, or does all the paint disappear from the universe?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

In a light based , electromagnetic Universe ; the electromagnetic energy has a source , quasar , galaxies and suns .

These sources are physical . If the sources lose energy , without re-newal of a system of energy forms , they die out .

8. river

Yes , to your first statement .

The paint does't disappear , it fades out , it loses energy , and becomes stilled .

The paint eventually becomes non-physical .

9. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I call it the 2nd law of thermodynamics, but that's the name I use, everything deteriorates with time.

EDIT: But new things are born.

10. river

Disagree

Everything transforms in time . Its a cycle .

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

So what did my ford mustang turbo that I took to the scrap heap last week have to say about that? "I've had better days...".

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That's right. There's still a gallon of paint.

Jus tlike all the energy of the universe still exists, it's just distributed.

There's still a gallon of paint. There's still the energy in the universe.

Here's something that will help you understand where the energy is now.

Have you heard of the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation? The universe is permeated with miscorave radiation in every direction we look. The average temperature of the universe is about 4 Kelvin. That's all the energy of the Big Bang spread out across the observable universe - a sphere 45 billion light years in radius (with a quibble about what's beyond the observable universe).

That energy is still there, and will continue to cool as the universe expands. It will never reach zero - not without the observable universe reaching infinite volume - which will not happen.

13. river

Yea , preddy , much .

14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Don't.

You don't know enough about Cosmology and physics to disagree.

davewhite04 likes this.
  15. river

So thin that it loses energy .

Any depictions of microwave radiation is not full , inotherwords not completely full . The sphere entirely covered with no gaps of microwave radiation ; and they can only eliminate about 15 to 20 galaxies as the source of these microwaves .

16. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Keep ignoring my corrective posts if you like.
    No, it will only increase misunderstanding.
    Wrong, as usual. Net radiant energy HAS to decrease in an expanding universe. Cosmological redshift. And in current epoch it's energy density is a negligible fraction of the average matter energy density.
    Irrelevant given you cherry picked a negligible and decreasing component of total matter + radiation + 'DE' energy. Ignoring my last post doesn't make it go away.
    And your #111 is quite ironic.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

"Energy loses energy"
    Don't talk nonsense.

The microwave's source is the entire universe - all places at once. It is not coming from a specific point - it is coming from everywhere. That's because it is the echo of the Big Bang itself - which happened everywhere all at once.

Knock off this nonsense. Ask questions. Don't make assertions about things you don't understand.

davewhite04 likes this.
  18. river

The thinner or smaller something is , the faster it will lose energy , to its enviroment .

19. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Your mistaken assertion in #109 equating CMBR with total energy of universe would if true guarantee that 'energy loses energy' in a net sense. Debunked in #113, though willfully ignored.
    The irony and brazen chutzpah continues. Amusing.

20. river

From post #114

Its coming from everywhere . That's my point . Into Deep Space . Therefore this microwave research is local at best , therefore not really that useful of information about understanding our Universe .

Such as ?

What assertions have I made that I don't understand ?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Except, for the universe, there is no environment outside it. So it simply dissipates its energy to more universe.
    No matter how thinly I paint the floor, there's still a gallon of paint.

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No, no and no.

See above.

23. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Willful ignorance vs plain ignorance. On and on without moderation or factual resolution. A 'luxury' SF affords.

dumbest man on earth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.