Does the Universe have consciousness?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by hansda, Nov 10, 2012.

1. hansda Valued Senior Member

Our Universe is perfect and response of our universe to any change is also perfect. If our universe can be considered as a human being, then its responses also would be perfect.

I think consciousness of a cell keep it alive, otherwise it would have been a dead cell.

Consciousness is a result of complex neural network or the neural activities are the result of our consciousness?

I think intelligence is a consequence of consciousness.

Do you think consciousness of two different human beings are different?

I think this is true. Consciousness keeps our Universe ever-alive.

We know there are living beings in the universe and these living beings are having consciousness.

Not exactly, because different people are having different ideas of GOD. What is your idea of GOD? What is your definition of GOD? If you believe that GOD is Universal Consciousness or the Consciousness of the Universe itself, then YES we are discussing that here.

Every living being is conscious and part of the universe.

Consciousness interacts with mass and energy to keep our body intact.Without consciousness it would have been a dead body. It(consciousness) keeps our body alive and prevents our body from decaying and supports the growth for our body.

As, without consciousness our body would be a dead body and would have free fallen under the effect of gravity but due to the presence of consciousness we are able to stand and resists this gravitational force. It can be said that, consciousness interacts with mass and energy to generate a force which can counter balance gravitational force.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

It's quite difficult to explain isn't it?
    But in truth, you've given me no more sufficient evidence than I gave, regarding Universal consciousness.

jan.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

The way you phrase that seems to suggest a disconnect in our exchanges. If I were to offer any evidence of universal cnsciousness it would mean I think there is some. My view is that you didn't give any evidence and I didn't either, even insufficient evidence, so on that basis your statement is true. Agree?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

My bad.

jan.

8. Hertz Hz Registered Senior Member

I believe the universe does not have consciousness, however I will state I believe in cause and effect. For example should something negative happen, the effect may not be negative

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ride may come from such a thing; for every action thereis an equal and opposite reaction.

9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

@Hansda

God is the greatest thing there is so subsequently he is defined as Love.

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Is this a law?

If so, is it reasonable to believe or think that laws comes about through consciousness?

jan.

11. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

While we wait for Hertz's reply, I'll offer a response. Cause and effect is a characteristic of sequential events that occur in a universe that is governed by invariant natural laws. Personally, my response is that it is not as reasonable to think that those laws come through consciousness (as in a conscious universe that made the laws), as it is to think that the natural laws have always existed, as has the universe itself, and did not come form any consciousness, but are eternal. The reason I prefer eternal universal laws is because it doesn't have what I call the fallacy of infinite regression. If the universal laws came form a conscious universe it suggests that there was a point in time when the laws were put into place; is that what you mean? And the question re. infinite regress is, where did the consciousness of the universe come from and where did the universe itself come from?

12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The universe which is the All, and the awareness is present to it. Table, chair, desk, grandma, me, yay!

Here I have shown there is a universe, and I am aware that I am part of it with simple observation. A universe with consciousness.

Are you talking about a mecca of conscious out in the cosmos? Here me, Consciousness is a man.

/thread. Give me a break.

13. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The All is Perfect, and Broken. These are two different emotions we experience

Cell is greater than Consciousness. Both are emotionalized.

Consciousness is the offspring of his Mother Perfection, and Papa Love. Consciousness must be simple. How the hell would we evolve out of Complexity? Oh neutrality, is debauchery.

The Consciousness is great. Like we all walked by with a candle and lit it out of the grand fire pit of Consciousness to hold with us.

I know God. I will not debate his name anymore, this needs to be a Know. 'God' MUST be the emotion Love. Capital 'l', its a proper noun.

Are you conscious to the fire layer? How about astral travel, teleportation, and telepathy?

14. hansda Valued Senior Member

Not every physical event may follow 'cause and effect principle' or 'action-reaction principle'. For example big-bang, time, free-will. These events do not follow cause and effect or Newton's third Law.

I do not disagree with your idea/definition of GOD. But how can you co-relate GOD/LOVE with consciousness? What is your idea of consciousness?

What kind of evidence, do you think should be convincing? I have already shown that consciousness can apply force.

15. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Love would be the father of all things given its simplicity, and the same its might. Consciousness is tough to coin.

16. hansda Valued Senior Member

So, i think you are unable to co-relate 'your idea/definition of GOD' with consciousness.

17. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

We agree that human consciousness can make the body apply force. We haven't established the presence of universal consciousness separate from human consciousness. The evidence I was asking for is what it is in your knowledge and experience that indicates to you, subjectively, a separate universal intelligence.

18. kx000 Valued Senior Member

How are love, and consciousness possibly unrelated? If it didn't love, what be consciousness to, why even be there? Love, Perfection, and their baby boy Bravery is how I believe the universe begun. Consciousness isn't far behind on the flowered of emotion, it can't be. I have Love, Perfection, Bravery, Wonder, Heaven, and Deception in that order.

19. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I think the universe contains consciousness. ourselves being evidence of that fact. Does that qualify the universe as being conscious? I don't know.

20. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Yes. How can the universe lack consciousness.

21. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Well, we are the product of the universe, so it seems to stand that the universe has consciousness. That's, however, the only example I can point out. I can't say there is an omnipresent awareness in the universe.

22. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I would say the consciousness is rather great, so are you in order to conviene to it?

23. hansda Valued Senior Member

As our consciousness can apply force, it can be said that; consciousness can interact with mass, energy, space, time and spacetime.

People who are self-realised, have told us that there is Universal Consciousness.

Prof Stephen Hawking termed our universe as 'The Grand Design'. Some other physicists have termed our universe as 'Intelligent Design'. So, our universe must be having some intelligence which implies consciousness.

Without consciousness our universe would have been a dead-universe and would have collapsed like a dead body. But in reality it is not so. The universe is in its place and growing. Something must be holding the universe the way consciousness holds our body.