Does time exist?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Asexperia, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. river

The Universe wouldn't disappear . It would be stilled a few moments after the quantum movements had stopped .

Then time would stop.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I agree with that, however;

I disagree with the first viewpoint. IMO, the fundamental function of the universe is through quantum, regardless of the dynamic forces that drive it.

If quantum stopped there cannot be a continuation of anything and all objects would simply disappear. Even a stilled universe would have to have a quantum function even to remain stilled. All matter maintains it's existence through the quantum function. Take the quantum function away and it ceases to exist.

Consider projecting a film and each frame represents a quantum event. Suppose the projector stops and for a moment the film halts at one frame, which actually would only be 1/2 of reality as the other half of reality is caught in a state of quantum super suspension. Again, using the projector, it's like stopping the film between frames. Only half of the picture is being projected and the second half obscured.. But then the film actually burns up and the result is a blank screen.

A quantum event occurs at least at *c* and is the messenger of physical (mathematical) information. Then it has spent all its potential and becomes an inactive part of the present past. That reality no longer exists and it will never reach our present again, or would not be able to "quantize:" and become physically expressed as matter.

Stop quantum and everything vanishes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

DIAGRAM OF TIME

THE BECOMING-DURATION DUALITY

- Becoming is the inherent property of matter and bodies to experience sequential changes. Becoming is the set of simultaneous events and phenomena.

- Duration is the continuous and defined permanence of things and its changes in reality.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I agree with this diagram, however "present" is a quantum function. When quantum stops there is no future existence, IOW no *future present*, which sounds to me like *non-existence* in the future. What am I missing?

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I agree with that diagram, however the "present" (becoming) is a quantum function. Stop the present and we stop "becoming", IOW, no quantum, no future. EVERYTHING stops and "duration " no longer applies. It simply ceases to BE.

Asexperia likes this.
  9. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

TYPES OF BECOMING

There are three types of becoming: periodic, unicase and quantum.
    The unicase phenomenon occurs only once, like the life of a person.

In Quantum physics the concept of time disappears because quantum phenomena are governed by the uncertainty principle enunciated by Werner Heisenberg. The quantum becoming is governed by chance.

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Without quantum there is no *becoming* of anything. It's fundamental to change.
    Quantum function IS *becoming*. Periodic duration and Unicase existence depend on the continuation of quantum. As far as I know there is no other *becoming* except by divine miracle, a philosophy which I reject..

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  11. ♍ Catchup Registered Member

Wow that's awesome

12. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

New
    Hi all. I am Billy`s wife. I am sorry to inform that Bill has died on Ago/05. I ask you plese to post this new to all members of the group. Thank You.

13. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

We will sorely miss Billy T. One of our great posters.

14. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the information. I have my deepest condolences

15. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

ANALOGY SPACE-TIME

Analogy: a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based.

Between space and time there is a similarity, not of essence or nature.

The space extends (extension) in three directions or dimensions (length, area and volume).

Becoming lasts (duration) in one dimension (time). Time flows inexorably. Time is the dimension of becoming, not space.

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I have to disagree with that. Quantum space is the dimension of becoming, Time is the measurement of duration of becoming.
    The two are inexorably connected as spacetime.

Asexperia likes this.
  17. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

I chase much younger women and this question has become my favorite answer. When asked my age, I say, "Well that depends. Does time really exist?".

Asexperia likes this.
  18. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHA

Sometimes love comes out of time.

Ivan Seeking likes this.
  19. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

THE TIME LAW OR PHILOCHRON LAW

A scientific law is each of the constant and universal relationships involved or participating in a phenomenon. The time law is the becoming-duration duality. This law was considered by me as a theory. The theory is more general than the law. The phenomenon of time is the continuous succession of irreversible changes beginning from past to future. The law of time is represented graphically for the philochron line. The subject calculates any interval relating the MR with the present.

The philochron law predicts that if no becoming (changes) no duration; no time.

Asexperia

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
    Write4U likes this.
  20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

A logical conclusion.

But I wonder about the most fundamental cosmological property (potential) which is the *permittive condition*, which allowed for *change_duration_spacetime" to begin with. David Bohm called it "insight intelligence".
    I don't believe he meant *self-awareness*, but used an abstraction of the mathematical function as a fundamental cosmic constant in a purely permittive condition.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Asexperia likes this.
  21. river

The thing is guys , is that we can look at time as a mathematical function if you like but the thing is that something must manifest , a material thing , in order for a function to be possible. And this thing , once manifested , must have duration , movement of some kind . Whether we discuss time or duration , both are based on movement.

river

Asexperia likes this.
  22. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

The types of changes are movement and transformation.

23. river

Agreed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.