Does time exist?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Asexperia, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Word salad rubbish!
    There is no universal "now" for the simple reason that light has a finite speed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Especially now that flowing water is becoming constantly more polluted. No more snorkeling in rivers or lakes for me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Of course, magnitive.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

I have tried to understand the Kittamaru's point of view.

For him time is a succession of points, a dimension (no changes, no events).
    Duration is the interval between two points in time.

Therefore, both time and duration are mathematical entities.

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

So I was correct

Time does not exist

Since magnitive only exist somewhere out in Lala land

Thanks for clearing that up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Duration is a mathematical entity, in the sense that it is a measurement between two points in time, eg 12:30PM to 1:45PM is 1 hour 15 minutes.

I don't know any simpler way to explain it to you bub...

10. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

No, you're wrong. Our life depends of time.

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

In what way?

12. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

In all our daily activities we use the clock and the calendar.
    To work, to eat, to study, to sleep, etc. are subject to a schedule.
    Here in the United States are very strict with time.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Regulating your activities is not TIME

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And yet, life existed before clocks were invented, before sundials were a thing, before humanity had even an inkling as to what time was...

Human Life doesn't depend on Time... we make it about Time. There is a difference.

15. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

The journey of the Sun in the sky was first than life.

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

As it was in the beginning
    So shall it be for ever after
    Yay I say unto you
    As I go through the valley of life
    I fear not the idiots who walk among us
    For I have the power and the glory
    To ignore crap

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Time emerged with the creation of the universe. Before the BB, time may have existed as an abstract potential of a permittive condition. We just don't know, but not as a measurable duration..

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm pretty certain that Sol doesn't give a good rats ass about what time we humans say it is.

19. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Why do you make statements like this?

20. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Well said....

21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Because we don't know if time existed before the BB.. It certainly could not have existed infinitely and might well a single quantum instant which was responsible for the BB . A single mega quantum event, releasing all latent potential in a single energetic instant, which would be time t = 0 and the count emerged simultaneously with the expansion, which lasted a few nanoseconds of pure chaos, which began ordering itself until the Pilot wave created a universal constant time frame, but which allowed for individual timelines to develop as physical chronologies (patterns) began to form. How many individual timelines are created and end in the universe? How many ripples are there in a river?

p.s. potential is a timeless (enfolded) latency and therefore not subject to time, until is expressed, or unfolded via another timeless condition which Bohm called , the Implicate order..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It doesn't knowanything, but we do and have been able to estimate when the sun will have used all its hydrogen and begins to burn helium and begins to collapse which will again heat up the core which then begins to burn heavier elements, but that will cause the outer shell to begin expanding, eventually swallowing up the earth. This will start happenening between 4.5 and 5 billion earth years. Look it up, its explained in many links. Then sun doesn't know this, we do.

23. Write4U Valued Senior Member

But if the entire universe is in motion i.e the Universal Pilot wave, it does have existence and therefore a simultaneous timeline is created. All other timelines are contained within the Universal Pilot wave time line, which theoretically should be the true fundamental timeline against which all other timelines should be measured. All we know is that measurable time began with the BB, some 14.7 billion earth years ago, but time is not a constant except for the Pilot Wave timeline, which actually seems to speed up, as the universe expands.

Which might account for the FTL inflationary epoch, when the was no geometry or tensor fields
    just pure chaos for a few nanoseconds. Enentually the universe itself may revert back to such a condition and measurable time would cease to exist and become a latent potential again..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.