Does time exist?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Asexperia, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry I am not fluent in gibberish. I will move on to a thread where English is the language of choice.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

If you have questions about my "gibberish" ask me to explain. Just dismissing something because you do not understand the language is closing your mind to different perspectives.

Ask which part is not understandable to you and I'll be happy to try to explain it in more understandable terms. I am not familiar with all the scientific terms, so I am forced to use metaphors., which may seem strange at first, but is the most efficient way I know how to make a proposition. I'd love to be corrected on details or usage of proper terms, but instant dismissal is not very productive to an informal but possibly meaningful exchange.

And looking at my post again, where did I not use the English language? I was not speaking Chinese was I? I believe every word I used can be found in the dictionary. Look them up and perhaps you may get a better understanding of what I am saying.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Which has what, exactly, to do with Time (which was my point).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I have seen your posts, I would just be inviting more gibberish.
    It is not that I do not understand the language, the problem is that you are writing nonsense (gibberish). I also am not interested in having a long tedious back and forth that accomplishes nothing.
    Have a good day.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  8. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Looking for the consensus I'm gonna say the following based on the
    philochron table.

ELEMENT ........... PROPERTY .......... MAGNITUDE
    ... space ................ extension .............. length, area, volume
    .. becoming .......... time ...................... duration

Time is the continuous succession of moments or points. Time is the mathematical becoming.
    Duration is the interval between two points in time.
    In this case both time and duration are magnitive.

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It would be the end of Earth time. Not of Universal time with is associated with continued existence (chronology) of the universe (spacetime), but just the end of time for the chronology of existence of Earth itself.

IMO, each physical object has it's own timeline which starts with the formation of the object and ends with its demise.

Some objects have a timeline duration of nano-seconds such as bosons and fermions, other objects have time lines (chronology) so long that they can only be described as having a half-life, which means that after a certain length of time (a measurement of duration) half of the objects no longer exists and for that portion time does no longer exist.

I am really not trying to make it complicated. Is this not why we identify space time or any physical object as having 3 Dimensions + Time, a sum of three physically measurable properties plus the duration of time associated with their physical existence?

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And the same to you.

11. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Irrefutable. Accomplished objective.

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

IMO, Magnitude = Value ( a mathematical potential)

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "magnitive". Are you just saying that a duration in time has a magnitude? Like a 3 second duration is "magnitive"?

In what ways is your "philocron" idea different from standard physical notions of space and time? Where does it take us that standard physics cannot?

14. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

I thought you had promised not to use that word ("potential") incorrectly anymore?

15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Only if I used it out of context.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential_theory

16. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

What is magnitive refers to the property of beings that can be measured,
    but It is imperceptible. What is magnitive is objective, but not concrete;
    for example in Physics: force, gravity and time. We feel weight, but not gravity.

In the philochron table space and time are considered independent.

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

standard physical notions of space and time - make sense

In what ways is your "philocron" idea different - they are crap

Where does it take us that standard physics cannot? - Nowhere

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

But inescapably connected. As long as space exists time will emerge.
    IOW time is a latent ability which becomes explicated during the unfolding of space.
    A latent Universal potential which emerges simultaneously with the Present.

Combined it acquires the magnitude of spacetime. IMO duration always measures the past..

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  19. Write4U Valued Senior Member

We could never tell the difference. But there is the question; Does future time already exist?
    Or is it always Now or in the Past?
    If future time does not yet exist, Time is a latent potential, which becomes expressed only as Now.
    When Now has passed it is the Past.

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

You live only in NOW. As soon as NOW turned up past vanished. As soon as future turned up it became NOW

Pre NOW and post NOW are not in existence

How would you segment the past or future? In 1 second slices? How would you stick the 1 second slices together?

You are forever stuck in NOW

Please may I ask, which to me is a obvious question?
    This time you wish to travel in (either back to the past or forward to the future) where exactly does this time hang out? Where is any aspect of the past or future located?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

And you are. The "potential" in "potential theory" does not refer to a "value" or "mathematical potential", but to a "physical potential". This is literally stated in the second sentence of the lead of that Wikipedia article.

22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I understand all that and I agree with all the subtleties.

The question was if Future Time already existed. I's a simple "yes" or "no" question.

23. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It can be physical potential.

I clearly explained that I was using the term in it's generic form, which is at the top of the any encyclopedia ; "That which may become reality"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.