Dreams and Visions

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Tony H2o, Jan 19, 2000.

1. Flash Registered Senior Member

this is a trick question ..isn't it, TS?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. truestory Registered Senior Member

No, Flash... It's not a trick question.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Flash Registered Senior Member

Truth is truth...
    Although I cannot point out specific literature ... I can testify that if you open your heart and mind up to the Spirit of Truth...you will receive a response.
    There is some truth in a little bit of everything...talking to the Spirit of Truth will help to shed light on these truths.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

Thanks Flash,

And suppose Bubbie says,

"Thanks, Flash, but that doesn't help me much. My heart and mind have been open to the truth for a long time now. Everyday the truth seems to change. Isn't there someone else who could give me more information or somewhere else that I can go to learn more about the Spirit of Truth?"

How would you respond?

8. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Then I'd ask him if he as ever spoke with the Spirit of Truth.
    It's like this...it is much like how you talk to God..and you say he responds...
    well..talking with the Spirit of Truth is the same way... aren't you getting this?
    I'm sure you are...ummmm..exactly what are you driving at, TS? Spit it out already LOL

9. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

No, sorry, I'm not getting this...

God has made Himself known to mankind in various ways throughout history. If someone were in need of spiritual help, God is available to help them and I would be able to point them in the direction of resources which would help them to get to know God better.

If someone was in need of spiritual help, how is telling someone to open up their hearts and mind to the "Spirit of Truth" going to help them if they don't have any other resources to help them figure out what that is?

How did YOU learn about the "Spirit of Truth"...???

Who told YOU about the "Spirit of Truth"...???

Is it something that has a history and has been known to exist or is it something that you alone originally tapped into and attached a "name" to?

If it is not reserved for you alone, then it only stands to reason that it must have some type of history... what is this spirit's history and where can someone learn about it?

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited January 25, 2000).]

10. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Alright already...
    here goes nothing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was introduced to the Spirit of Truth via the aliens... Look, I know this sounds out there... I know that I sound like some delusional twit... basically..down right insane... but, I am not...I'm not lying- I'm being 100% HONEST. A lot of people do not understand...BELIEVE me... I know...before all this happened I was a big doubter of such things like ufo's and aliens/abduction... I... let's just leave it at that

11. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Lori- Well, dearie (

), I'm 32 as well! I'm not an old fart quite yet, but if I don't get into a chiropractor soon I'm going to be walking like one! Still, by cracky, I can recall a time when computers were all monotone and 9600 baud was really flying! (Imagine me in a rocking chair with a walkman clapped onto my head and a faded Billy Idol "Rebel Yell" tee-shirt...)Those were the days of REAL computing! Yessirree, none of this ADSL and click on the pretty little icon. Back in my day we had to know what to do at the command prompt. We had to type in the paths on our own [i[without[/i] this point-and-click nonsense. These kids have it easy, yup...

(Promise me you'll shoot me if I ever get like this in earnest!)

12. truestory Registered Senior Member

O.K., Flash...

I'm sorry to see you so uncomfortable with your spiritual situation.

Do you see why people say that your spirit is hiding...??? According to you, it has revealed everything to you, but it sure seems to be hiding from the rest of the world... Why do you think that a spirit which is supposedly loving, truthful and honest would hide???

If such a spirit is truly for everyone, why are you the only person that seems to have been taught about this particular spirit???

I know you think this spirit is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Flash, but I can't help thinking that it must be a horrible feeling for you not to be able to share your experiences and what you have learned about the "Spirit of Truth" with all others in an open and honest manner.

The reality which you and your spirit are exhibiting totally contradicts the name which this spirit has been given and all of the signs point to isolation and danger for you, Flash.

You don't have to say anything else... I'll just continue to pray for your soul.

13. Micah Registered Senior Member

Isda:
    It is good to be united in strength and encouragment....Our hope is one as well as are all the brothers and sisters in Christ, though we know in this world we face many troubles..we press on toward the prize that lies ahead, to the time we will live on in eternity without fear, without strife, but one is worship and love with Christ.........Thanks..LOL

14. Flash Registered Senior Member

No, TS. You are wrong. I realize what it must look like to you.. for starters..I do not know that I am not the only one who has been visited by the Spirit of Truth... I'm not hiding..and neither is the Spirit...
    Isolation and danger?????? hahahaha not so!
    Look...Lori knows a lot...so it's not like I have hidden what I know. I'm just selective with what I post on a public board.
    Give me some time... I have been more open than ever since I have been on this board...
    trust me, ok?

15. MoonCat Registered Senior Member

Flash-

If it's any consolation, I know how you feel.

I can't say that I share your belief, but I know what it's like to not want to talk about it - not because you think it's wrong/bad/invalid, but because other people won't understand, or worse, will MIS-understand.

So, I get you, loud & clear.

True'-

I think with Flash it's not the spirit that is "shy", it's Flash herself. I'm sure there are Christians that would not care to discuss their faith with strangers on a message board too, but that doesn't mean Jesus is evil, right? Just personal preference, right Flash?

16. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Freedom in Christ is power above the thoughts of all men. He is the Living Word of God and is the real Spirit of Truth!!! How true can a god be if there is shame, doubt, or the desire to hide him away? The one true God is beyond the bounds of any human to hold in. The one true God fills His children with Love and bursting Joy. Thank you truestory You stand for the one true Spirit of Truth.

Faith In Christ + Nothing = Salvation
    ISDAMan

17. Flash Registered Senior Member

MoonCat,
    You hit the nail right on the head! ding, ding, ding! Thank you..that is exactly what I mean

ISDAMan,

------------------
    Faith: not wanting to know what is true.
    ..........Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

18. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Do you know of anyone else who has?

19. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    I do not know of anyone personally..but I do know that the Spirit of Truth has visited many...meaning.. truth is truth..

------------------

[This message has been edited by Flash (edited January 26, 2000).]

20. truestory Registered Senior Member

O.K., Flash...

How have you been able to determine that others have been visited?

21. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Truth is truth... in order to have truth or to know truth ..one must have had an encounter with the Spirit of Truth

------------------

22. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Without using the word "truth" or variant thereof... can you give an example of something specific which anyone else in this world has said or done which causes you to believe that they have also been visited by this spirit?

23. Flash Registered Senior Member

For example...Let's say that Mary Jane has been told by numerous people that her bitter attitude towards her children is one day going to haunt her...that her abuse is not right. She thinks nothing of it...those words do not mean anything to her. Let's say she one day is reading a book about a mother who abused her children and how she learned how to overcome it...through this brought many positive changes in the mothers life of that book.
    Well..let's say this story touched Mary Jane and in it she REALIZED what she was doing to her children. (truth is truth no matter where the source comes from)
    It could be via a book...meditation..etc..