Dreams and Visions

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Tony H2o, Jan 19, 2000.

1. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

Well I'm thinking that the whole idea of getting people to share any significant dreams or visions etc has gone up in smoke.

Some say they are to shy, others would rather just jump in and rattle the cage rather than really contribute.

My thanks to those who have given ISDA, IVAN, Mooncat - Meeeoooow, Micah and others.

As any who have keep up with this will notice we have slipped way off left field from the original topic. So seeing this I am assuming this post will die a slow painful death.

As a last contribution (unless this topic revives).

The Rock – As revealed in a dream.

In the dream I stood in the centre of a large stadium, it resembled an ancient Roman colosseum. Around the colosseum were balconies and terraces that looked down into an arena.

In the dream I moved up to one of the terraces which over looked the arena, looking down into the arena I saw myself, the arena however had changed. I was quietly standing in the centre with my head bowed upon what appeared to be a pinnacle of rock with a flat surface, surrounding the Pinnacle there was a vast and seemingly bottomless chasm leading to the edge of the balconies and terraces.

I then found myself in the position that I had been viewing from above, I was in the arena standing on the rock. My vision shifted upwards towards the balconies which were now filled with jeering and mocking accusers. They hurled many accusations and spoke many things that I was guilty of but they could not undermine the solid rock on which I stood.

End of dream.

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a great voice saying in the heaven, `Now did come the salvation, and the power, and the reign, of our God, and the authority of His Christ, because cast down was the accuser of our brethren, who is accusing them before our God day and night; 11 and they did overcome him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life--unto death;
    Deuteronomy 32:3 For the Name of Jehovah I proclaim, Ascribe ye greatness to our God! 4 The Rock! --perfect is His work, For all His ways are just; God of steadfastness, and without iniquity: Righteous and upright is He.
    Psalms 18:2 Jehovah is my rock, and my bulwark, And my deliverer, My God is my rock, I trust in Him: My shield, and a horn of my salvation, My high tower.
    Psalms 18:31 For who is God besides Jehovah? And who is a rock save our God?
    Psalms 18:46 Jehovah liveth--and blessed is my rock, And exalted is the God of my salvation.
    Psalms 19:14 Let the sayings of my mouth, And the meditation of my heart, Be for a pleasing thing before Thee, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer!
    Psalms 40:2 And He doth cause me to come up From a pit of desolation--from mire of mud, And He raiseth up on a rock my feet, He is establishing my steps.
    Psalms 73:26 Consumed hath been my flesh and my heart, The rock of my heart and my portion is God to the age.
    Song of Solomon 2:14 My dove, in clefts of the rock, In a secret place of the ascent, Cause me to see thine appearance, Cause me to hear thy voice, For thy voice is sweet, and thy appearance comely.
    Isaiah 51:1 Give ear to me, you who are searching for righteousness, who are looking for the Lord: see the rock from which you were cut out, and the hole out of which you were taken.

Pillars of Truth and Righteousness.

In the vision I saw a temple, the main entrance to the temple was lined with pillars. These were not extremely ornate or comely but your basic very strong looking pillars. Then I knew:

"THESE ARE PILLARS OF TRUTH AND RIGHTEOUSNESS BUILT ON A FOUNDATION OF FAITHFULNESS"

Next I looked down along the line of pillars and saw a path of beautifully coloured translucent cobblestones, wonderful colours more beautiful than a rainbow. Each stone resonated a song and they all resonated in unity, the stones lead to the foot of a throne. Then I knew:

"THESE ARE THE LIVING STONES THAT WORSHIP BEFORE THE THRONE OF THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS"

Next I looked between the pillars at the walls and upon the walls were faces of angels who continuously sang:

"HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, IS THE LORD ALMIGHTY"

End of vision.

1 Kings 7:21 And he set up the pillars in the porch of the temple: and he set up the right pillar, and called the name thereof Jachin: and he set up the left pillar, and called the name thereof Boaz.

Song of Solomon 3:10 He made the pillars thereof of silver, the bottom thereof of gold, the covering of it of purple, the midst thereof being paved with love, for the daughters of Jerusalem.

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars <4769>, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

4769 stulov stulos stoo'-los
    from stuo (to stiffen, properly akin to the base of 2476); TDNT-7:732,1096; n m
    AV-pillar 4; 4
    1) a pillar
    2) a column
    2a) pillars of fire i.e. flames rising like pillars
    3) a prop or support

2476 isthmi histemi his'-tay-mee
    A prolonged form of a primary staw stao stah'-o (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses); TDNT-7:638,1082; v
    AV-stand 116, set 11, establish 5, stand still 4, stand by 3, misc 17, vr stand 2; 158
    1) to cause or make to stand, to place, put, set
    1a) to bid to stand by, [set up]
    1a1) in the presence of others, in the midst, before judges, before members of the Sanhedrin;
    1a2) to place
    1b) to make firm, fix establish
    1b1) to cause a person or a thing to keep his or its place
    1b2) to stand, be kept intact (of family, a kingdom), to escape in safety
    1b3) to establish a thing, cause it to stand 1b31) to uphold or sustain the authority or force of anything
    1c) to set or place in a balance
    1c1) to weigh: money to one (because in very early times before the introduction of coinage, the metals used to be weighed)
    2) to stand
    2a) to stand by or near
    2a1) to stop, stand still, to stand immovable, stand firm
    2a1a) of the foundation of a building
    2b) to stand
    2b1) continue safe and sound, stand unharmed, to stand ready or prepared
    2b2) to be of a steadfast mind
    2b3) of quality, one who does not hesitate, does not waiver

Those who diligently seek him will find him, they will be as pillars of truth and righteousness built on a foundation of faithfulness in the temple of Gods holiness. There is however a down side to this especially if you want to be liked - You won't be liked.

The truth and righteousness that will shine in your life will disturb others especially those close to you and those around you, they will feel uncomfortable as the truth will confront any hidden thing. The truth will be used to correct because the Lord corrects those who he loves to bring them into a place of His blessing. Anyone who finds themselves as a pillar of truth and righteousness will find themselves often misunderstood, often maligned and often alone in Him. But the truth burns in them and they would have it no other way.

Pillars of truth need not say anything to find themselves in this situation, the example of their life will speak abundantly enough, and will bring to the open every envy, every jealousy, every slander, all pride, false humility and the list goes on.

Pillars of Truth and Righteousness truly understand the meaning of the words, If you love me you will obey my commands. They truly understand the cost of this.
    H2o

Prophets

This one will shock many who believe as it has shocked me.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And if I have a prophet's power, and have knowledge of all secret things; and if I have all faith, by which mountains may be moved from their place, but have not love, I am nothing.

Whilst doing the dishes the other night the Lord spoke to me about the seriousness of the office of a prophet. It shook me deeply and I needed to sit down to take it all in.

What he showed me was a church which was full of people, the people were crowding to the front of the church like a large response to an alter call. At the front stood a man who the people gave the title of prophet to because he spoke amazing things about peoples lives, words of knowledge? The people had come to receive a “word” from God through the prophet.

Then the Lord spoke these words to me “Where is the faith in that”? He repeated the question a number of times because I did not understand. I thought surely the prophet was speaking from God but the question echoed “Where is the faith in that”? Then the words fortune teller, sin of divination, familiar spirits and witchcraft came to me, this was when I had to sit down.

The people who had crowed the church to receive a word from the prophet were no different to those who sought their future from the stars, a clairvoyant, a gypsy palm reader or even their tea leaves. The “prophet” at the front was no different than one who delivers these readings through witchcraft and familiar spirits.

Where is the faith in that ? The answer was before me, these people had no faith in the word of the Lord or the Holy Spirit. They went seeking the word of the prophet like a teenager would read her star guide in the latest mag off the rack. There is a danger in wanting a word from the Lord for the future direction of our life even when it is supposedly to do his will. Where is the faith to believe (adhere to, trust in and rely on) his word being a lamp to our feet and a light to our path ? Where is the faith to carry out what His Word says to do rather than go running around seeking a “special” word of confirmation from a prophet?

This is not a word against Words of Knowledge or Wisdom, it stands against deliberate neglect of the Scriptures in preference to words spoken by men.

Please read the following:

Ezekiel 13
    1 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
    2 Son of man, be a prophet against the prophets of Israel, and say to those prophets whose words are the invention of their hearts, Give ear to the word of the Lord;
    3 This is what the Lord has said: A curse on the foolish prophets who go after the spirit which is in them and have seen nothing!
    4 O Israel, your prophets have been like jackals in the waste places.
    5 You have not gone up into the broken places or made up the wall for the children of Israel to take your place in the fight in the day of the Lord.
    6 They have seen visions without substance and made use of secret arts, who say, The Lord has said; and the Lord has not sent them: hoping that the word would have effect.
    7 Have you not seen a vision without substance and have you not falsely made use of secret arts, when you say, The Lord has said; though I have said nothing?
    8 So this is what the Lord has said: Because your words are without substance and your visions are false, see, I am against you, says the Lord.
    9 And my hand will be against the prophets who see visions without substance and who make false use of secret arts: they will not be in the secret of my people, and they will not be recorded in the list of the children of Israel, and they will not come into the land of Israel; and it will be clear to you that I am the Lord.
    10 Because, even because they have been guiding my people into error, saying, Peace; when there is no peace; and in the building of a division wall they put whitewash on it:
    11 Say to those who put whitewash on it, There will be an overflowing shower; and you, O ice-drops, will come raining down; and it will be broken in two by the storm-wind.
    12 And when the wall has come down, will they not say to you, Where is the whitewash which you put on it?
    13 For this reason, the Lord has said: I will have it broken in two by a storm-wind in my passion; and there will be an overflowing shower in my wrath, and you, O ice-drops, will come raining angrily down.
    14 So I will let the wall, which you were covering with whitewash, be broken down; I will have it levelled to the earth so that its base is uncovered: it will come down, and destruction will come on you with it; and it will be clear to you that I am the Lord.
    15 So I will let loose my passion on the wall in full measure, and on those who put whitewash on it; and I will say to you, Where is the wall, and where are those who put whitewash on it?
    16 Even the prophets of Israel who say words to Jerusalem, who see visions of peace for her when there is no peace, says the Lord.
    17 And you, son of man, let your face be turned against the daughters of your people, who are acting the part of prophets at their pleasure; be a prophet against them, and say,
    18 This is what the Lord has said: A curse is on the women who are stitching bands on all arms and putting veils on the heads of those of every size, so that they may go after souls! Will you go after the souls of my people and keep yourselves safe from death?
    19 And you have put me to shame among my people for a little barley and some bits of bread, sending death on souls for whom there is no cause of death, and keeping those souls living who have no right to life, by the false words you say to my people who give ear to what is false.
    20 For this cause the Lord has said: See, I am against your bands with which you go after souls, and I will violently take them off their arms; and I will let loose the souls, even the souls whom you go after freely.
    21 And I will have your veils violently parted in two, and will make my people free from your hands, and they will no longer be in your power for you to go after them; and you will be certain that I am the Lord.
    22 Because with your false words you have given pain to the heart of the upright man when I had not made him sad; in order to make strong the hands of the evil-doer so that he may not be turned from his evil way and get life:
    23 For this cause you will see no more foolish visions or make false use of secret arts: and I will make my people free from your power; and you will be certain that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel 14
    1 Then certain of the responsible men of Israel came to me and took their seats before me.
    2 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
    3 Son of man, these men have taken their false gods into their hearts and put before their faces the sin which is the cause of their fall: am I to give ear when they come to me for directions?
    4 For this cause say to them, These are the words of the Lord: Every man of Israel who has taken his false god into his heart, and put before his face the sin which is the cause of his fall, and comes to the prophet; I the Lord will give him an answer by myself in agreement with the number of his false gods;
    5 So as to take the children of Israel in the thoughts of their hearts, because they have become strange to me through their false gods.
    6 For this cause say to the children of Israel, These are the words of the Lord: Come back and give up your false gods and let your faces be turned from your disgusting things.
    7 When any one of the men of Israel, or of those from other lands who are living in Israel, who has become strange to me, and takes his false gods into his heart, and puts before his face the sin which is the cause of his fall, comes to the prophet to get directions from me; I the Lord will give him an answer by myself:
    8 And my face will be turned against that man, and I will make him a sign and a common saying, cutting him off from among my people; and you will be certain that I am the Lord.
    9 And if the prophet, tricked by deceit, says anything, it is I the Lord by whom he has been tricked, and I will put out my hand against him, and he will be cut off from among my people Israel.
    10 And the punishment of their sin will be on them: the sin of the prophet will be the same as the sin of him who goes to him for directions;

1 Thessalonians 5:
    19 Do not put out the light of the Spirit;
    20 Do not make little of the words of the prophets;
    21 Let all things be tested; keep to what is good;

(Do not despise that which is spoken by a prophet but DO test all things and spirits, test all words spoken in the name of the Lord whether they be spoken to the body and especially if someone speaks directly over you.)

Zechariah 13:
    2 And it will come about on that day, says the Lord of armies, that I will have the names of the images cut off out of the land, and there will be no more memory of them: and I will send all the prophets and the unclean spirit away from the land.
    3 And if anyone goes on acting as a prophet, then his father and his mother who gave him life will say to him, You may not go on living, for you are saying what is false in the name of the Lord; and his father and his mother will put a sword through him when he does so.
    4 And it will come about in that day that the prophets will be shamed, every man on account of his vision, when he is talking as a prophet; and they will not put on a robe of hair for purposes of deceit:

Deuteronomy 13:
    1 If ever you have among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
    2 And the sign or the wonder takes place, and he says to you, Let us go after other gods, which are strange to you, and give them worship;
    3 Then give no attention to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God is testing you, to see if all the love of your heart and soul is given to him.
    4 But keep on in the ways of the Lord your God, fearing him and keeping his orders and hearing his voice, worshipping him and being true to him.
    5 And that prophet or that dreamer of dreams is to be put to death; for his words were said with the purpose of turning you away from the Lord your God, who took you out of the land of Egypt and made you free from the prison-house; and of forcing you out of the way in which the Lord your God has given you orders to go. So you are to put away the evil from among you.

Matthew 12:
    38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees, hearing this, said to him, Master, we are looking for a sign from you.
    39 But he, answering, said to them, An evil and false generation is looking for a sign; and no sign will be given to it but the sign of the prophet Jonah:
    40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the stomach of the great fish, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
    41 The men of Nineveh will come up in the day of judging and give their decision against this generation: because they were turned from their sins at the preaching of Jonah; and now a greater than Jonah is here.
    42 The queen of the South will come up in the day of judging and give her decision against this generation: for she came from the ends of the earth to give ear to the wisdom of Solomon; and now a greater than Solomon is here.

Luke 22:64 And, covering his eyes, they said to him, Are you prophet enough to say who gave you that blow?
    Matthew 26:68 Be a prophet, O Christ, and say who gave you a blow!

They mocked him as though he was a simple fortune teller, may God have mercy on us if we do the same.

My earnest prayer is that we would all use wisdom and discernment when receiving and giving a word as from the Lord.

1 Corinthians 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

H2o

Wilderness School

Matthew 4:1 Then Jesus was sent by the Spirit into the waste land to be tested by the Evil One.

Mark 1:12 And straight away the Spirit sent him out into the waste land.

Luke 4:1 And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, came back from the Jordan, and was guided by the Spirit in the waste land

Some translations say he was driven, I've often wondered why he had to be driven or sent into the wilderness. He did not choose to go he was sent, but he was obedient. The same can be said for us, we of ourselves would not choose naturally to be in the wilderness, its a lonely dry dusty place with whispers of hope that dance before our eyes but when we draw near we find it was only a mirage, but we are sent. Why ?

I believe that anyone who wants to walk close to the Fathers heart, who cries out to see things with His eyes, to hear things with His ears, to sense things through Him the Holy Spirit will find themselves in the wilderness. They will be scratching their head and crying out saying what's going on ? This is not what I asked for !! The Fathers reply will be, Oh but I thought you wanted to be close to me, to hear with my ears, see with my eyes. Now stop and listen, this is why I brought you here, to strip away every other voice, every vain imagining, to get you away from your bless me mentality. Its a lonely dry dusty place, its a place where despair will either cast you on me to be broken on the rock, or break you, its a sorting place.

Its a place that teaches you to walk by faith, not by sight and not by feeling or emotion, trusting in that which can not be seen with a human eye, felt with a human touch, heard with a human ear, sensed with the human nose, tasted or spoken with a human tongue. It a place where you will grow weary of chasing after vain imaginings that appear on the horizon as illusions of grandeur but when approached disappear like a misty mirage.

Its a place that anyone who wants to hear from him will frequent on many occasions, a refining place, a stripping place, a sorting place, a learning place, a place you eventually long for to be adjusted by him.

Sound strange ? Its a place that those who love him call home, being transformed into the image of Christ himself.

It’s a place that Mosses roamed for 40 years seeking and searching out the will of God. It’s a place that prophets roamed as social outcasts for the message they cried.

For those who seek will find, happy wanderings.

H2o

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flash Registered Senior Member

Man......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What the heck did I say to get you in such an uproar?????
    First, LOL means laughing out loud ...see..I wasn't cussing

Gee, Tony......what do you think I was or am???? Some kind of rebel without a cause???
    Actually, to a degree my parents, teachers, cops HAVE manipulated my life.....(which by the way (btw) I am 33) but whether they have or not is beside the point. Look, I think control sucks! There is NOTHING right about it....so I am sorry if my view of your God/Jesus has upset you so.....hey, I am only being honest....would you rather me lie?????
    Wellllll now.... is that a FACT???? How do you KNOW that your God isn't the one who is and has been deceiving you????????? UGH!
    How is it you can sit there and judge me and my beliefs.....I mean...you BELIEVE with all your heart you are right..therefore you cannot possibly see why the heck I can't get what you say........ BUTTTTTTTTTT..... put yourself in my shoes but for a moment.... HOW THE HECK IS THAT FAIR?????? You get all hot over the fact that I think God is a bully??????? Well, to me he is....and I think you are just as blind for not seeing it...it is in black and white and red alll
    over the Bible..... ahhhhhhhh!
    Of course.....everyone has a right to throwing a "fit" every now and then.... which God does well! Obey..or suffer!! That is God's attitude....like it or not..and you wonder why I call him a bully?
    I am sooooooooooo sick of hearing that! What gives you the right to say your way is above others?????????????? I happen to know I am on the right track...just because it doesn't line up with yours doesn't mean I'm evil.....doesn't mean I DESERVE to go to hell like God thinks I do....

I TRUST and believe in the Spirit of Truth!
    If you have a problem with that then I am sorry..but not sorry enough to go against what I KNOW is truth.

Look....I appreciate your concern about me ending up bitter and twisted... I really do... That won't happen, Tony. Look, I have wayyyyyy different beliefs than you do...but that doesn't mean I automatically think you are my enemy...ok? Look, to do the things that you have suggested go against teh very things I believe. If I did that ...it would be a lie...cause I don't buy the God loves you type thing...there are too many scriptures that prove otherwise.
    I'm sorry your post has lost it's orginial meaning.....
    I have had tons of dreams..but I am sorry to tell you they do not amount to a hill of beans regarding your beliefs in spirtuality... I have been haunted by tons of shark dreams..all of which I end up being killed by them LOL...... ohhhhhh there was one dream I had which has something to do with christian beliefs regarding the rapture... hahaha...but, again...it has no meaning... I had a dream I stopped the rapture...hahaha...other than that....sorry, dude... I cannot relate my dreams to the bible.

ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey buddy!!! Where the heck have you been?????????????? Glad to hear from you!!!! Does this mean you will be coming back now???????

------------------
    Faith: not wanting to know what is true.
    ..........Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

[This message has been edited by Flash (edited February 02, 2000).]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flash Registered Senior Member

Tony,
    Ohhhhhhhhhh...I see how it is...figures

Because I am not claiming Jesus to be my one and only..then I am on the side of evil..the one the bible calls Satan??? Thanks, man..thanks a lot.

I see that you have lived on the wild side...I didn't mean control to protect ...
    I meant control to be manipulating...to be..
    you know what I'm talking about..come on.
    The force which saved your life...how do you know it was "God"? How??? Could of been something else, Tony...and I don't mean Satan.
    Look, Tony...I have posted some about my beliefs here on this BB...I do not know what you have read or what you haven't. Sure, there are some things which I haven't gone into detail about...but those things are of a personal matter...So tell me...what is it you want to know and I'll see if I can answer it ...ok? There is no need to ask you God about me... if you want to know something..then ask me.
    But have you sought out all things, TOny or did you simply stop where God/JC/Bible is concerened?
    What the?????? HUH?????????

------------------

[This message has been edited by Flash (edited February 02, 2000).]

8. 666 Registered Senior Member

Tony,

A guy beates his wife to a bloody pulp. the next day he asks his wife to give him another chance to see him in another light. Should she?

You plee to flash is just a desperate ploy at manipulation. you give only two options. Flash stays angry becomes angery and twisted or Flash calms down and accepts God. You forget about all the options we have in life. Stop hurting your self Tony by only giveing your such a limited choice of options. open your eyes and see the light of day. It's not all doom and gloom. There are manny paths that can be walked with out hurting your self or others. It is all just a matter of will you let your self see them or will you continue to torment your self by only allowing 2 options.

------------------
    All I know is what I understand. All I understand is what I know.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited February 02, 2000).]

9. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

Hi triple 6, thanks for the comments, seriously thanks.

I appreciate your concerne about seeing the light of day but don't fret for me to much I've been around the block a few times and know whats out there, I'm not as blinkered vision as you may assume just because I choose to believe the Bible and Yeshua over other beliefs and so called paths to enlightenment. I know about eastern religon, I know about cults, I've read parts of the Urantia book (which sounds very much like Flash's thing), I've looked at the Muslim religon and the list goes on. I'm not blinded to the fact that many others hold fast to these things as their idea of truth for very personal reasons. In my post overview I talked about searching for and finding my God who in my humble opinion is the only true God. Do you think I simply tripped over this truth? When you search for it, and I mean earnestly search, you will find it. Every other religon, every other philosophy teaches you that you can become a god or make it on your own, most cults tangle you up in a web of confussion by which you become brainwashed. I knew that I could not make it on my own, I knew that I could not make excusses for what I had done or become, I knew that I needed help from the one who helps those who help themselves. Since living by His life giving water I've come to understand things I never could have on my own. I only wish that instead of me with all my limitations typing away with bad spelling mistakes trying to explain it to you that I could show you what I've seen which is only a glimpse of all that He is. Wow it would blow our minds right out of our heads if we saw all that He the great I AM is at once. So again thanks for the concerne Triple 6.

Your right its not all doom and gloom and I sincerly appologise if that's the picture I painted. From my view point there is great hope and reason to live - Jesus.

I get where your coming from with the wife and husband thing, but God is not the wife beater.

Take care - H2o

Flash

You don't test God MMMMM.... Why not?
    This has been spinning around in my head and once I check it out further I'll get back to you. Thanks for asking.

10. Flash Registered Senior Member

Tony,
    A cult????? Ohhhhhhh, man...come on! How can you even judge what I believe...after all...I thought you didn't KNOW ANYTHING about what I believe...then you sit there and actually compare, slice, and dice what I believe???????? You disappoint me, Tony.
    I'm glad you are thinking about testing your God...let me know who this turns out.

------------------

11. Spirit17 Registered Member

Two aliens approach a planet in their spaceship, One is a lizard like being the other a fish. The fish sees a vast ocean of pure bliss, he sees Water consuming the planet and immediatly knows he's found himself a new home. The lizard however, is in hell, but he understands the fish's position and decides to continue on with his journey.

Do you understand what I'm saying. The "TRUTH" is a subjective experience. Unless you occupy the very conscienceness of the universe it is impossable to comprehend the true nature of existance. There are different ways of percieving things, neither of which is more objectively the truth than the other. Unfortunatly, human beings are NOT all knowing creatures and to act as so would be foolish.

If there was an objective truth than the purpose of individuality would be defeated, if somone has already accomplished my goals than I fail to see the point of trying.

------------------
    "I hope you all find what you need in whatever hole you peer down, whatever cloud you peek behind, let the disaster dukes masticate on the green grass of hope and love. this year is the most joyous and happy, mournful and sad year I have ever known. life is good bleats the bleating heart, and keeps bleating like an 808. never ever forever tommorow comes, new dawns blister, new songs to be sung. the aeroplane flies high, turns left, looks right. the aeroplane knows you know, sings the song of truth, of redemption, of sorrow, look no further than your dirty feet."____Billy Corgan

12. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

13. Flash Registered Senior Member

Tony,
    Let's get something straight here...Flash is not a man! LOL Don't worry...you are not the first to think that on this message board. If you think that automatically makes me weak...then guess again!
    No, it wasn't... I do not know one thing about the Urantia...honest. Everything I have learned has been straight from the Spirit of Truth and the aliens. Sooooo..everything in which I have learned is pure...not watered down.
    Simple, she believes the same crapola that you do. Because she believes this she is determined to prove to me that she is right. Don't get me wrong...I know her intentions are good.
    Deep dark secrets??? LOL Look...I have none..none at all. However, what the Spirit of Truth has done is point somethings out about myself in which I could use a little work on... I would call it more of a realization than anything.
    As far as truth goes...I believe that the truth helps to direct anyones path... I just do not believe that the truth comes from the source that you believe it does.
    First, your God did not slice into my heart..not one bit.. As for the rest..ok..I can stick it out...question is...can you?
    I'm not hiding behind anything, Tony! Not at all! I do not know what you have read here ...but I have shared a lot of my beliefs..so to avoid repeating ... what have you read? What do you know which I believe?
    Oh, yeah?????

Then PROVE it!

------------------

14. Ivan Kruk Registered Senior Member

Tony,

I’m really sick with all Christian’s posts in this forum.

All your post are washed off logic in common sense and full of declaration like: He is the Holy Lord and God of all Glory or He took me from suicide to His throne. ………… If you choose to let Him Flash He can do the same for you
    or ……my God who in my humble opinion is the only true God. Sorry to say, but these words means nothing to people who looking for the explanation of this world for themselves, but they haven’t any spiritual experiences (like you) to see the matter by you eyes (I see them also as empty words). Simply say: discussion is provided on the separate levels and there is no chance for mutual understanding. Tony, you seem to me less determined to force your point of view than other Christians, but I tell it to you, because you have mentioned something about brainwashing made by ”some” cults (?). For me these long Christian’s post, full of illogical statements and a/m declarations just look like brainwashing. I know that from you point of view every souls of non Christians are in dangerous of hell and every activity to make them (souls) closer to Jesus is worth it’s goal, even repeating and repeating some certain words to press them into others subconscious hopeful that the words will start to work in the future. I’m angry at it because from my point of view Christianity is a master with darkening of real view of the World.
    You have had e real spiritual experience, you have seen the flesh of PEARL, and you KNOW that PEARLE really exist. I do also. I think that such a thing is very very precious in this world. It seem to me that you think that you keep this pearl in your hand. Look at it. Is it pure and bright on its entire surface or in some part is covered by “mystery of God”.
    Does the Christianity help you with the answer to the question: “ Tony, who are you?”. Of course you are sure that yes, but are there any questions which you are worry to answer to yourself?
    I have asked Christian (our Christian) some questions in the end of “Why we like to see the evil” topic, he didn’t answered yet. Try this.
    As my comment to my request I have to add that Buddhism can explain Jesus words in much better way than Christianity have ever done it.

<HR>

The Ravens Are Not What They Seem

------------------

15. truestory Registered Senior Member

Ivan,

Although, of course, I do not agree with the ultimately wide brush you have used to paint your characterization of "all Christians" posts, I would like to make a friendly suggestion... If they make you sick, then don't read them.

Hope you feel better soon.

16. Flash Registered Senior Member

some people just cut and cut...don't they?
    Ivan, don't let her get to you...she just can't help herself some times

17. truestory Registered Senior Member

Oh, yeah, Flash...

I'm a big old meanie, just like God...

Someone makes a sweeping statement... that "all the posts" of Christians makes them "sick" and you're fine with that.

But, when I make a suggestion that they shouldn't read them if it makes them sick... it's "cutting"???

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

18. Ivan Kruk Registered Senior Member

Truestory,

When I find a new posts, I hope I find some new ideas of our live, world or myself so I read them. But in case of Christians posts, I’m disappointed very often.

The Ravens Are Not What They Seem

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ivan Kruk (edited February 03, 2000).]

19. truestory Registered Senior Member

Ivan,

Due to the rolleyes, I cannot determine whether or not your last post was serious, however, I would like to say:

I understand your feelings about Christians... You made them known and I heard it loudly and clearly when you first started posting here... You have basically asked, on a number of ocassions, that Christians not discuss their religious beliefs when responding to you... Nothing's changed... Except now I am hearing, in bold writing, that merely reading the posts of Christians who are not even addressing you is making you "sick"... that's not a healthy thing to put yourself through, Ivan.

20. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

Thanks Ivan,

Good to know that there are other views than our own limited ones. But I really think you, Flash and others have missed what I'm getting at here.

Sure I use very strong Christian views, sure I repeat what I say a lot, that's because I am so sure of what I believe. Who am I in God's presence? If you read overview which I know you have you will understand that I asked myself this exact question. Who am I? Well at the risk of sounding like My God is the only God again I am a Child of the Father, A brother of the Son and a friend of the Holy Spirit.

But getting back to the point, what I'm trying to do and fortunatly or unfortunatly for Flash as the one on the receiving end is to DIG DEEP. Hey Flash as I said my fights not against you what I'm trying to show everyone is that we all tend to think our way is right or that all ways are right. But how can we sit down and discuss anything of substance if we don't even come out and express what we believe?

That's why I've been saying things like I'm sick of games, I'm sick of hide and seek trying to drag out of people their beliefs which I hope are based on something a bit more substantial than an individuals subjective view of the world. That was the whole point of this post in the first place, I was hoping that people would front up with something more than the usual dripple. Flash I owe you an appology because I've been baiting you and stirring you up to attempt to show this. Hey it means little to me if your male or female flash what does matter to me is finding out the truth of what you believe, what you really think. And honestly I think you'll find that you may have extended yourself a bit more here and shared a glimps of it. Well done!

Now if I don't fully agree with your view then don't get all hot and bothered about it. But do think about what I say as I think about some things you say because I'm 100% sure that we are both learning allong the way.

Sorry 17 but were not fish or lizards and I'm not that stupid that I did not understand what you are getting at.
    17 hit the nail on the head everyone has a different perspective, mine varies from TS which varies from Lori which varies from Flash. So who is right??? What do we base what we believe on? The Bible? The Koran? The Urantia book? Hinduism? Our own personal experriences? Visions? Dreams? The list could go on with more options to discuss than there is a lifetime to do it in. We all have a different perspective, this post was an attempt to get some of them out in the open, so that we can all discuss our perspectives. To a degree I think it may have worked, at least for some.

So again if no one has a desire to post their experiences, or wants to get down to tin tacks about what they truely believe I'll sign off and try to think about a different approach and past to come up with. Hey keep your eyes open you may find me going toe to toe with Borris, I may not agree with him and he may not agree with me but at least he says what he thinks rather than taking pot shots.

So thanks everyone and see you around.

Take care - H2o.

PS Flash, guess who got controlled???? Gee I like fishing.

21. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Well, what can I say..I'm a bitc* that way..go figure?

Tony,
    What the !$%*????????? Ohhhhhhhh man...you think you are damn good...don't ya? Fool me once SHAME ON YOU...fool me twice shame on me!! Let me tell you something...YOU DID NOT CONTROL ME!!!!!!!! Any information which I have given has been by MY CHOICE!
    Yeah, I see you are the MASTER game player here, Tony!
    Gee...if you really wanted others on this board to share somethings with you...why didn't you just come out and ask?????????

------------------

22. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

23. truestory Registered Senior Member

Tony,

I understand the pain that you are going through because you love Flash so much. I feel the same way. There are a number of people who have been lead by God in an effort to help Flash see the truth of His love for her. Flash is truly a very fortunate person to have God demonstrate His love for her in such a profound manner.

Although it seems to have made you uncomfortable to reveal just how much you love Flash and just how much it pains you to see her this way, I wanted to say thank you.

You are in the true service of the Lord and you are loved deeply because of it. Being chosen as a disciple of His love is not always easy. Although I can see that you welcome the calling and choose to serve, you are also uncomfortable revealing such intimate matters to people because usually, when we serve, we do it in silent servitude.

However, this is truly a new type of forum for all of us and, since we do not have physical contact with each other, sometimes it is necessary to spill our guts in writing so that others might understand the true love of God.

Anyway, I know it is not easy and I know it takes a lot of guts so, I wanted to say thank you for being with Jesus Christ. Also, thank you for drawing on His love to give you the strength to do the right thing by revealing his love for one lost lamb, as painful as it might be.

May the peace of the Lord, Jesus Christ, be with you Tony.