Dreams

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Nobody, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

No, dear.
    That's the pounding in yours imagining it's in mine.

Your nose is growing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Oh, and Bells...
    She can't.
    She needs them there.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Blackness. Maybe I die when I feverishly pass out? One can only dream.

I do not think she is the only one.

Move on.

I may not be logging on for a few days. Will depend on how I feel. The "cripple's" treatment is getting a tad intensive at the moment and reading words on the screen makes me want to vomit. I have requested the other mods and admin keep an eye on this thread. They are not as forgiving as I am.

So please.. those involved in this melodrama, move on.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Just when I was ready to watch the fight. Damn.

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Linoleum feels so nice and soft when you pass out on it...

Must be like reading Bill Bennett.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Get better, Bells.
    I'd give you an E-hug, but you'd probably reach through the monitor and punch me.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  9. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Bells:
    Eww...no.
    No, it doesnt. Just..no.

Varda:
    Ant vs. shoe could hardly be construed as a 'fight'.

So, what is your take on this most pressing issue of dreams? Are they cowards slumping on stage in a pantomime of achievement?
    Are they harlots creating the velvet of secret desires?

Do they reflect the organized beauty of human anatomy, the mathematical logic of neurons, or are they simply disorganized clots of a brain vomiting?

10. Pineal Banned Banned

There was a one trick pony therapist, Frank Farelly,

http://www.provocativetherapy.com/

who would try to figure out, as fast as he could, the self-hatred/guilt/shame voice in his clients

and he would role play it.

IOW for your depressed friend, you would tell them they were worthless - with some specific supporting statements - that there is no hope for her or him and there was certainly nothing he or she could do about the situation. The key is to get as close to the way the person's inner voice tortures and controls them.

Reading transcripts of therapy sessions with this guy are often hilarious. And even when people catch on, it is still funny.

The basic idea he has is that once the voice is outside them, the clients are able to hear and react to the ideas and nastiness of the voice and harness energy.

Of course, most get pissed off, sooner or later.

I am sure he has some success and he gets credit for going where angels fear to tread. He's a one trick pony, but it is a trick.

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:
    $hit...well, hmm...I may well give that a go...not like what I've been doing's working...thanks...

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

It is nonetheless a show.
    It is the climbing of little ant, dragging down its little ass leaving a scent, and the anklebiting that precedes the big crunch that I was hoping for.

Oh dear, don't expect great insight from me. I am a simple creature.
    The inevitable consequence of hosting a logic mind in a biochemical processing unit.

However, everybody who has had alucinogens before will tell you that reality is a very fluid thing, This curious little world we act in and this role we chose for ourselves are a dried up scab covering a deep, festering wound and god, does it itch.

13. Pineal Banned Banned

I would sit out of arm's reach, near a door. I also suggest going gently, even if you think the tone in his/her head is mocking, snide or cutting, start simply with a kind of despressed agreement. And if you think suicide is a possibility, don't try it. Not because I think it actually increases the chances, but if it happened, you would have to do some real gymnastics, I would guess, to not feel a lot of guilt.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There's not much in this thread about dreams any more.

Closed.

(Try a social group, a chat forum or email, perhaps.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.