Earths Magnetic Feilds changing?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Duffy72, Aug 3, 2002.

1. zechaeriah Registered Senior Member

duffy, where the hell did you hear that?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CATT Registered Senior Member

Hi guys!

I think Duane is correct in all aspects, but REMEMBER, the good book says that the creator promised Noah that he would never again destroy the Earth with a flood of sorts. So I am inclined to think that this catastrophic catastrophy is subject to the RAPTURE!

This is the gathering of the creators people and of the covernant made with Abraham and his seed.

CAT...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. zechaeriah Registered Senior Member

creator schmeator...

i just don't know what to think of the bible anymore, so i just can't take that comment seriously.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MrBTawiliger Registered Member

the answer is blowing in the wind

Reading your forum on the switching of the poles I was reminded about a conversation I had with one of my lecturers. He was explaining how when the poles do shift their is a lag period inbetween of approx. 15 years where the eart loses or has an extremely depleted magnetic field. My queery to this was and is what implications does this have on our protection from the onslaught of the viscous solar wind? The atmosphere of planets such as mars have dwindled over the millenia due to as far as I understand it the solar wind basically blowing it away due to no magnetic field to protect them. Now without out our magnetic field for even such a short solar period as 15 years would we lose a substantial amount of hour atmosphere?? He questioned this himself but could not speculate but he did tell me that we are in a window of a 1000yr period when we are due for our polar role reversal. Has anyone got an answer for me?

8. CaptainThor Registered Member

If anythint did make satelittes crash, it would be pretty bad, but I doubt this would happen if the magnetic fields did change, but if it did, I think there is about 80,000 satelittes orbiting Earth (more than half don't work anymore), that would be alot of crap hitting the Earth if they didn't burn up in re entry.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

He questioned this himself but could not speculate but he did tell me that we are in a window of a 1000yr period when we are due for our polar role reversal. Has anyone got an answer for me?

Ask him if we lost a substantial amount of our atmosphere 1000 years ago… and 1000 years before that… ?

The atmosphere “sticks” to the Earth due to gravity.

10. MrBTawiliger Registered Member

no you misunderstand my poor sentence construction. The actually period between polar role reversal is every 100,000 years or so and we are now within a 1000 yr time period where we are due for it. As for the atmosphere yes it is a re3sult of gravity, however as you may realise the northern and southern lights apart from being a beautiful natural phenomena are a battle as such between the solar wind and our earths magnetic field. High in earths atmosphere the magnetic field deflects the onslaught of solar radiation generated form massive solar flares, now without out this magnetic field as is spoken of in the lag phase between polar shift my question is what effect will this radiation have on our atmosphere. As in other case most extreme mercury any hint of atmospheric generation is blown apart due to solar radiation. I apologise for my poor gramatic skills haha but I will keep on trying.

11. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Every village has its idiot....

We have a whole hut full...

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Aside from a wandering Aurora Borealis and some extra cosmic radiation penetration, not much will happen. The field’s strength should not change much – if it did we would have noticed major mutations in living organisms due to massive cosmic radiation exposure from the last pole switch.

13. NileQueen Registered Senior Member

Q, why do you think a pole flip equals massive radiation increase? You are implicating the sun? Is the Earth's dipole dependent on the sun?

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Nilequeen

A decrease in the strength of the Earths magnetic field allows more cosmic radiation to penetrate to the surface. If, and this is a big if because we really don’t know the full effect, the magnetic field had gone to zero, most of the cosmic radiation traveling towards Earth would have penetrated to the surface. In that case, we would have noticed mutations in animals. However, no mutations are known to have taken place.

15. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

starting at the begining of the collaspe of the poles, when the poles collaspe the magentic felid is broken in to many pieces at least a 100 per pole, these broken pieces of the magnetic field turn into exstremely large hurricanes which travel towards the equator, when they reach the equator they then collaspe as the orginal pole collasped, these hurricanes move very slowly towards the equator taking some 346 years to reach the equator,
    a example of this hurricane is the red eye of jupiture, the eye of netptune, the red eye of juptier and other planets is the event of a hurrican from the last polar switch on that planet, example saturn once had a eye and serval smaller ones that have disappeared, currently satrun has no magentic feild, this is due to the event that the eyes or hurricans have reached the equator of saturn and collasped and now saturn is without a magentic field untill the magentic field of the staurns core reforms. this same thing has happened on neptune, the red eye of juptier one of the most famous sights of the solar system is the hurricane left over from juptiers pole reversal which occureed in the 1300s around the time of the plague in europue, the red eye of juptier will soon dissapear when it reaches the equator. juptier has had other eyes which have disappeared juptiers magentic field is still returning and is not yet at its maxuim. this same event happens on the sun during it magentic feild reversal, when the poles collaspe huge hurricanes travel its surface ending at the equator.
    after the original collaspe of the magentic feild the only source of magentic feild is the hurricanes and the remaint feild left in polarized land mass, this polar feild of land mass is what effects shore currents of the ocean in its staic motion.
    the event of the hurricanes actually sucks in the solar wind, and cosmic wind in to the hurricanes eye. just like present hurricanes that we see today in various parts of the world, which are caused by the breaking of magentic feild lines during seasons, the hurricanes gather up the atmosphere from the upper atmosphere and distrubute it, some gather from the upper atomsphere and some gather from the bottom putting tons of sea water in the sky. the hurricanes of the pole switch will do the same, however there exstreme size allows them to gather up solar and cosmic wind in close range to the earth, or during december cosmic wind and during summer solar wind, the gather of these gases are inportant to the earth reforming a magnetic feild, as the earths crust has to reexspand, where if the earths crust does not rexspand the earth will become as planet venus. in fact given the currnet state of earth it is presenly a very close call as to if the the earth will exsperince to much degassing to reform a magnetic feild that can extend past its crust. all things going well, the earth will be with out a magnet field for about 10 years to 50 years? at which time the magnetic feild will begin to reform at the 45 degree latitude. during this time the earth will have taken on much hydrogen and helium from the solar and comsic wind from the hurricanes which acts like a sheild from comsic radtion and will light the earth like a florence light bulb, 24 hours a day as seen on saturn and jupiter. during the time with no magnetic field the 10 to 50 yrs the atmosphere will seperate in to gaeous layers. this will begin to happen at the orginal collapse where oxygen and nirtogen will seperate,as there is no magentic field to cause them to mix, but due to the hurricanes the atmosphere will continue to mix but not by magentic static forces but by striing forces of the hurricanes. when the hurricanes disappear the atmosphere will seperate and the new gaseous of hydrogen and helium will seperate,forming layers of gas at this point the gases will beging to exspand the crust of earth allowing the magnetic feild to reform.
    in general from the start the earth will suddenly get warm from the increase in concentation of gravity, and then enter a complete ice age as the space enters earths atmopshere.

mutations that occur during these times are due to abrupt changes in atmophereic pressures, tempture exstremes, and food resorces, hydrogen and helium in atmophere.and a lack of magentic flux.
    example of this evidence from the last switch is the occurnce of animals and humans which commuincate by the use of vowels,
    A,E,I,O,U and Y, this the prevoius form of communication by all life forms breathing atmosphere and the record of human speach accroding to it is the study of language development. plainly this is a event of commuinication and language of a life forms breathing air as the content of heium in the atmosphere during the time of the past polar switch will only allow for vowel sound to be formed coherntly in speach. consonants provide no clearity in speech and difficult vibration of the lyrx. what this means is that in humans and animals to commuincate had to change form the language they used befor to the use of vowels, during the last polar switch, since the exscape of helium from the earths atmophere the use of consonants has redeveloped in to current speech.

DWAYNE D.L.RABON

16. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

and the hut gets a little more crowded...

17. MrBTawiliger Registered Member

fantastic response Dwayne do you study astrophysics or something of the like. Haven't got to much time to comment but as for Parsol your a very judgemental person for someone who doesn't offer up ideas of there own. Until you respond to questions with more than a snide remark about the the author then I will take you for a fool.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Tawiliger

If you read through this thread and research the various arguments for validity, you’ll find that Dwayne has no idea what he’s talking about and is a kook/loon in the extreme.

19. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Fine... I'll respond in detail. Just for a note, you shouldn't just make fantastic claims unless you have proof to back it up. I have not seen a question directed at me so I haven't responded to it. I agree with some of the more normal posts that were put up many pages ago. We have no reason to believe that the earth will suddenly sucumb to 'magnetic hurricanes'

Originally posted by Dwayne D.L.Rabon
    these broken pieces of the magnetic field turn into exstremely large hurricanes
    Why do they turn into hurricanes?

a example of this hurricane is the red eye of jupiture, the eye of netptune, the red eye of juptier and other planets is the event of a hurrican from the last polar switch on that planet

You know this how?

example saturn once had a eye and serval smaller ones that have disappeared, currently satrun has no magentic feild, this is due to the event that the eyes or hurricans have reached the equator of saturn and collasped and now saturn is without a magentic field untill the magentic field of the staurns core reforms

When did this happen that you were alive to witness this?

the event of the hurricanes actually sucks in the solar wind, and cosmic wind in to the hurricanes eye.

Based on?

however there exstreme size allows them to gather up solar and cosmic wind in close range to the earth

Why?

the gather of these gases are inportant to the earth reforming a magnetic feild, as the earths crust has to reexspand, where if the earths crust does not rexspand the earth will become as planet venus.

One again, what makes you think this?

during the time with no magnetic field the 10 to 50 yrs the atmosphere will seperate in to gaeous layers. this will begin to happen at the orginal collapse where oxygen and nirtogen will seperate,as there is no magentic field to cause them to mix

What about gravitational and convection currents? The magnetific field will not have an effect.

when the hurricanes disappear the atmosphere will seperate and the new gaseous of hydrogen and helium will seperate,forming layers of gas at this point the gases will beging to exspand the crust of earth allowing the magnetic feild to reform.

See above...

in general from the start the earth will suddenly get warm from the increase in concentation of gravity, and then enter a complete ice age as the space enters earths atmopshere.

You said in a previous post that gravity would decrease. Neither view is supported as the mass of the planet will stay the same. And what the hell does 'space enters earths atmopshere' mean?

mutations that occur during these times are due to abrupt changes in atmophereic pressures, tempture exstremes, and food resorces, hydrogen and helium in atmophere.and a lack of magentic flux.

There is no record of this doing the previous pole switch.

example of this evidence from the last switch is the occurnce of animals
    Um... no...

and humans which commuincate by the use of vowels,
    A,E,I,O,U and Y, this the prevoius form of communication by all life forms breathing atmosphere and the record of human speach accroding to it is the study of language development.

So there was no athmospehere before the switch. And the vowels are the only sounds animals can make? And animals and man communicated? We must be losing it because of the upcomming pole switch

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

plainly this is a event of commuinication and language of a life forms breathing air as the content of heium in the atmosphere during the time of the past polar switch will only allow for vowel sound to be formed coherntly in speach.

Breath some helium in. Your voice will get higher, but you can still speak more than the vowels.

consonants provide no clearity in speech and difficult vibration of the lyrx.

So why would we have started using consonants?

what this means is that in humans and animals to commuincate had to change form the language they used befor to the use of vowels, during the last polar switch, since the exscape of helium from the earths atmophere the use of consonants has redeveloped in to current speech.

And we suddenly can't understand animals because of this?

MrBTawiliger,
    His post is without merit. Most people realize this. Hence my comment which was meant to be funny. I didn't think anybody would have taken his post at face value.

20. MrBTawiliger Registered Member

Parsol on second and third reading yes it does start to pose big questions for me.. However on initial reading it is exactly what I described it to be 'a fantastic response' look up the word fantastic a. extravagantly fanciful, grotesque, quaint, marvellous. And I think you must certainly agree this response to previous conversation was most certainly fantastic! Now not being the most knowledge person on all the earth sciences but most definately having great interest I would not poopoo any persons theories until I could prove otherwise. Now in a 2 min reading between othertasks I cannot achieve such things only acknowledge their posting. Well done however with an inteligent response, when given the opportunity I see you can make a valid and inteligent contribution to a discussion. Please keep it up and criticise less as I am sure we are all here to learn.
    SideshowB

21. NileQueen Registered Senior Member

Q:
    Interesting thoughts.

Well we had some widespread extinctions take place some 11,000 ya. Would you like to implicate cosmic radiation in those?

However, the most recent flip was ~730,000-775,000 ya (depending on the source). That is when the Matuyama chron changed to the Brunhes chron.

I thought gravity held the atmosphere in place, not the magnetic field....

22. MrBTawiliger Registered Member

It seems everybody is misinterpreting my comments about the magnetic fields interactions with our atmosphere. Yes the atmosphere is definately held in place by gravity HOWEVER the extreme burst of radiation from solar winds have adverse effects on atmospheric gases unless protected by our magnetic field.

23. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

ok effect of magnetic feild on atoms.

to understand the effect of the magentic feild on atoms and therefore atmosphere, requires a understanding of the polarity of atoms. however a person can make gain by looking at the effect of particles trapped in the magnetic feild, normally called the Van Alllen belts, thereis also there practices of particle accleerators which use magnetic feilds to guid and acclerate atoms for collisions. plainly all atoms are magentic given a strong enough feild strenght. plainly atoms become more magnetic as they are cooled, prehence super conductivitv of atoms.
    as all atoms have a electromagnetic force such as light,electrons prehence polerized light, they react when in a magnetic feild, the reaction of atoms or a electromagnetic force when in a magentic feild is at a right angle, for this reason paricles trapped in the magnetic feild of earth travel in a cirlce around a line of magnetic force. this same effect is seen on atoms on the surface of the earth, meaning that atoms on earths surface when reacting to a magnetic feild line travel around it in a circle. the stronger the magnetic feild the large the circle in which the atoms travels. this effect of magentic feild effects the atoms of the atmosphere stiring them, wherein the atoms of the atmosphere oxygen and nitrogen, which are very polar are stirred around the magnetic feild lines at a right angle traveling from magnetic line to magnetic line in direction of the earths rotation. the when during seasons the magentic feild changes areas that are stronger in magnetic feild strength create larger swirls of atoms in the atmosphere. prehence weather follows the geoid. this effect of atoms in a magnetic feild also is reflected in growth of plant life and humans.
    because oxygen and nitrogen are highly polar and hydrogen exstremly polar the magnetic feild plays a large role in there motion. other events of motion for oxyegn and nitrogen invovle their rate of exspansion under thermal condtions, the reason that oxygen and nitrogen do not hold to magnet like iron granules is due to the event of thier escape velocity, and boiling tempture. when the magentic feild is removed oxygen and nitrogen will seperate, having no magnetic felid lines to stir them, in addtion when they cool such as in a ice age or exposer to space tempture the seperate even furthur as there is not thermal condtions to effect there exspansion rate causing mixing in the atmosphere, this is furthur effected by a increase in atmopheric pressure, were in gases seperate like all atoms under pressure and heat of tempture change.
    when the atomsphere seperates during a polar switch the chagne in concentration of oxygen and nitrogen effects human preformance, in this case from sea level to 6000 ft will be pure oxygen from 6,000 ft to 15,000 ft will be a mixture of oxygen and nitrogen due to thernal exspansion causing convection, even with out a magnetic feild. people that are below 6,000 ft will suffer from over oxygenation, meaning they breath to much oxygen which burns the lungs, causes convulsion and then death. called oxgyen toxcity. nitrogen is just as dangeous as it can starve the body of oxygen where in it has a higher exspansion rate than oxgygen and can push the oxygen out of a area causing a person to suffocate from lack of oxygen. the proper mixture of oxygen and nitrogen is very inprotant to normal function, it is currently held that a little more oxygen in the atmospher that we breath would be better for humans, you can find this mixture presently on the ocean shores, where oxygen content is a little bit higher than inland.

actually the comments that i hear alot of the time are from people that could not htink for them selves, i notice that they for some one to give them their every thought, plainly they fail, personally i give what i can, but real some of them are sick, some think that there comments and slander are play full but i find most annoying.

going on the post is for those that are intrested in the magnetic field reversal, the sidewinders and tag alongs with there comments just get undue benifits. really who in in ther right mind would have conversation with slander artist, unless there was some chance that at least some worth while would benifit.

take example perole and Q, Q is a regular slander and add nothing of scientific value,example

Q will you tell us how close the magnetic pole is to the axis of the earth,

and what is the speed of earth rotation, what is the speed of the magnetic poles motion, and how this axis effects the earths roatation and the magnetic felids motion.

what is centifugal force, wil the centifcal force effect the motion of the magnetic poles. does a rotational axis cause a vector of induction.

just give us one of these awnser Q

DWAYNE D.L.RABON