Earth's Moon

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Orleander, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

If, as you said, Earth & Moon survive the Sun's red giant phase, the timeframe for the Moon's final suicidal approach to Earth would be around 30-40 billion years. Of course, they may survive by moving further away from the Sun as it sheds mass in the form of a planetary nebula, weakening its gravitational field - this in turn will reduce the tidal effect it exerts, and hence stretch out the fate of Earth & Moon still longer.

By the time Earth finally has a ring system, the white dwarf Sun will almost certainly have faded to black and will be unable to illuminate the rings. A pity.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Yorda Registered Senior Member

A long time ago our Earth was a moon and our Moon was like the earth. When the Ancient Earth (the current moon) died, it gave all its energy to its child which grew into this planet we call Earth. That's why the moon is so old and dead now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Let me insert this point, if we base the effect of the moon on the earth, that of the moon and earth which we can measure, and assume our current given mass and density. The same determinations for the Suns effect on the earth and moon would give the the result that both the Earth and Moon should not move at all in rotation, and they should behave within our solar system as the planets Venus and Mercury, having only a revolution around the sun.

Without doubt the earth was larger in history and for that reason the moon was closer to the earth, the moon can get as close as 6500 miles(9000?) from the surface of the earth at which point it begins to break apart, lunar surface crust starts to uplift (having constant motion).
    It appears that the earth shrinks every 8,000 to 13,000 years, as a result of magnetic pole reversal events, a estimated 12 to 25 miles is the amount of shrinkage per radius. of which gravity becomes more focused, resulting in more stationary events of kinetic energy (slower). earth prior had a more dense atmosphere, at one time exstending to the 9,000 mile mark in altitude currently called the hydrogensphere? existing from 4,000 miles to 9,000 miles with end tails to 16,000 miles.
    It may appear that with enough time in history that the moon was actually joined with the earths atmosphere and formed a spot within the earths larger atmosphere looking simular to jupiters red spot. the time at which this would occur in earth history is a guess right know as the distrubance of the moons orbit with each magnetic reversal is a guess, but it appears that at one time the earths magnetic feild envolped the moon, given the smooth face that we see when we look at it (the face you see from earth.) the face of the moon defines that the earth was closer to the moon at that the moon had a different motion.
    The event that the moon and earth shared the same atmosphere,creates a possiblity that life may have began on the moon before decending to earth, this exist as the earth does have more gravition effect on the moon than the moon has on the earth,( it is i belive currently held that virus and and bacteria can culture on the moon).

DwayneD.L.Rabon

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Wow! That's about the worst "science" I've ever read!! Almost pure fiction and hardly a word of truth anywhere in it. The Earth does not loose mass as a result of the magnetic poles flipping. Neither was it ever larger than today (except for possibly just before the collision that formed the Moon) and in fact, it gains mass every singe day of it's existence due to all the space debris that is constantly raining down.

That post is nothing but nonsensical, unsupported blather. :bugeye:

8. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

If the Moon was inside Earth's atmosphere, wouldn't it fall on Earth because of air friction?

9. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Neither Mercury or Venus keeps the same face to the Sun( And even if they did, it wouldn't mean that they had no rotation, but that their rotational periods equaled their orbital periods.)
    Mercury has a orbital period of 87.97 days and a rotational period of 58.6 days. This means that it has a mean Solar "day"(noon to noon) of 175.52 days.
    Venus has a oribital period of 224.70 days and a retrograde rotational period of 243 days. This gives it a solar "day" of 116.75 days.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You're supposed to ignore the science and just believe the woowooism, Temur.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I LOVE the woowooism!!! :worship:

12. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Janus, I've no idea where he gets his "facts" - it appears that he just makes them up as he goes along. But the really sad thing is that once he's come up with them, he seems to truly believe they are accurate!

13. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Dwayne DL Rabon has been a notorious purveyor of psuedo-scientific garbage for years. One could say he's either boldy challenging the established view - or just making up nonsense for the fun of it. I think the latter.

The Moon would break up long before it got close enough to Earth for the atmosphere to be significant.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

how close would it have to be before it broke?

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

16. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, the earth loses the surrounding atmosphere with each magnetic pole reversal, which results in a loss of mass. The prior larger earth in history having a larger atmosphere and appearantly denser atmosphere resulted in a a much less denser surface crust, a belive that a prior atmosphere that exstended to the 9,000 mile to 16,000 mile mark would exspand causing fluid motion for about 2000 miles?, the current atmosphere and ocean bodies move the earth across 23 degrees( haveing that much gravitional force in motion,being a pivot). the gravitional force of the oceans in total is enough to controll the motion of the moon.
    So in a prior earth with a larger diameter as a result of atmosphere we find both sediment and water in greater abundance in the atmosphere, trace elements found in the upper atmosphere are a good indicator of what may have been the compnets of the atmopshere at the time, with a larger volume of helium. in general the current surface of the earth would be exspanded and less dense this would cause for a wider motion of the moon but a slower motion i susspect, eventually the moon may become near stationary in appearance from space floating on the earths atmosphere while the actuall heavier mass of the earth spins faster at the center of the earth.
    the moon is actually 1/89th the mass of the earth which is less than that of the earths nuclear magnetic feild, and earths normal magnetic feild is many times stronger about 1250 times stronger, so even the current magnetic feild of earth could controll the mtion of the moon, actually float the moon much simular to a magnet floating on another magnet.
    a larger earth would have a stronger magnetic feild and stronger nuclear feild making hold the moon in a earth atmosphere childs play. that of complete ease.

with each magnetic reversal the magnetic feild is lost for a given time frame and in that time the earths atmophere burns off and is blasted in to upper earth atmophere, as a result of the ionzation caused by the magnetic feild when it falls through the atmosphere, creating a hot plasma, that is ejected by lower mass that erupts from the denser mass of the earth ionzing from the same magnetic fall, in additon the suns solar radiation burns off earth atmophere.
    the magnetic feild also supports lift of common dirt as every thing on earth is polarized by the magnetic feild with the loss of the magnetic feild so also is the loss of that polar support and the earths mass collaspes causing the earth to shrink.
    lastly in the prior earth , a larger earth it actuall appears that mars may have been a moon of earth, the earth having to moons both mars and our current moon.
    as for the solar system it appears in some calculations that most of the gas giants have a internal bodies, two bodies that orbit each other at thier center. on which will in end become a orbiting moon as that of the earth and moon.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

17. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Dwayne, I mean really, would you just shove off, or stop talking nonsense. You are trying my patience.

I do note that your name is an anagram of " Wander on badly." I tend to think that says it all.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yes, while I was still in my initial read-only mode, I saw several dozen of his purely nonsense posts. In fact, as I recall, pretty much ever single one of them was like a child babbling.

I wish you were correct in your assessment but I'm afraid it's not accurate. He has an unhealthy obsession with numbers (especially big ones) and frequently (for him) sticks pretty closely to a few subjects that he seems to think he understands - though as you say, it's just pseudo-scientific garbage. Things like the pole reversals (as he's launched into yet again here) being the cause of mass extinctions, that the temperature at the Earth's core is near absolute zero (!!) and a few other choice topics.

I also remember him calling himself an absolute genius more than once. And bragging that he was home-schooled (tutored) by a high-ranking military officer - a colonel, I believe the claim was. All in all, I'm afraid (sadly so) that he actually believes all the junk he posts here. I must say that I had difficulty accepting that at first but he finally convinced me.

19. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

A certifiable nutcase then. Poor fellow (or is "he" female?)

20. Andre Registered Senior Member

Incredible after all these years, Dwayne's universe is still mixed up with ours.

21. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Yeah I guess so, seems that thier are a few missing screws with several people on the forms: and as i recall the you three have never provide any argument other that slander comments, although i have sought each of out for your argument. it seems there that several of you have quite a imagination, spout of the mouth, or keyboard.

I have to assume that the common taught in the USA is not the common taught where where you dwell.

Still more than interested in your arguments, please mind i won't be hood winked like your employers, can't loaf for your pay check and daily bread with Old Dwayne, my fellow earthlings

DwayneD.L.Rabon

22. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Dwayne,
    you're falling to pieces. There were no esoteric numbers in that post, although you still managed to be largely unintelligible.
    You have never visibly sought anyone out for an argument, as you put it. You have merely regurgitated more numeric bile when challenged on your first mathematical expectoration.
    Fact: either you are mentally imbalanced, in which case I urge you to seek professional help immediately. Or, you a very large troll in which case you deserve all the ridicule and contempt which is heaped upon you.

Let us know which of the two categories applies, please.

23. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Did the moon have grass? maybe a few less potholes.