Effects of a huge asteroid collision with earth

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by ck27, Aug 16, 2004.

1. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

i thought I heard something like we could drill into the yellowstone supervolcano and relieve the pressure of magma slowly, thus no explosion. ooo ooo, wait, what if a terrorist dug a hole and stuck a nuke right over the magma! hahaha! nah, that'd suck, no more white castle

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

You would be the first. Check the internet for new or used drilling equipment. When you get ready to start, try drilling into the 130 foot high bulge that's swelling under the middle of Yellowstone Lake. If you make it to 2,000 ft. depth (I say the word "If") and Yellowstone hasn't blown up yet, then try for another 500 feet. That should wake up ole Yellowstone. Good luck and keep us posted. Looking forward to the fireworks!

Yob Atta

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ck27 Registered Senior Member

I thought this thread was about asteroids? Not volcanoes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

There is probably very little difference in the size of hole left in the ground by a 3 to 6 mile wide asteroid and one left by a supervolcano after it erupts. If you have the time, take some vacation time and spend a few months each year fishing in the middle of Yellowstone Lake. If you're lucky, maybe you'll get a chance to see Ole Yellowstone blow it's top......If you're still around after the fireworks, maybe you can measure the hole for us. Make sure you bring a big tape measure. One that measures in miles!

Yob Atta