Egyptair Airliner Lost Flying Paris to Cairo - Bomb Suspected

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Yazata, May 19, 2016.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It sounds like an electrical fire to me. So based on what has been released thus far, it doesn't sound like terrorism to me. Ironically, I think the early data indicates this one is an electrical issue. It all tends to make sense. Pilots could have tried to clear the cockpit by opening up the windows. An electrical fire like that is a disaster. Smoke and gasses limit visibility. Pilots can't see their controls, and the gas will poison them in minutes. It's a horrible scenario. It's a no win scenario. Rapid depressurization is survivable. Smoke isn't. Inability to control the aircraft isn't survivable either.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Yazata Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yazata Valued Senior Member

An search vessel, the John Lethbridge, reports finding the remains of the missing Egyptair airliner on the sea floor. It's currently working to map the debris field. Hopefully locating the data recorders isn't far off, though actually recovering them might be a challenge.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Egypt reports that the airliner's cockpit voice recorder has been recovered. Reportedly it was damaged, but its memory is said to be intact. It will be taken to Alexandria for downloading and interpretation.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36551464