Egyptian energy SOLVED?!?

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Bob-a-builder, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

Dywyddyr,

The 100 ton granite boxes ...weighing up to 70 tonnes...
    (okay 70 tons. If you goolge many say 100 tons. I have never tried to lift one so must go by what I heresay).

these boxes were machined to tolerances within a micron

Source for this precision? Sources that they were "machined" - unless the term is being used loosely. (Other than woo sites).
    negating any notions of 200 men pulling them. There simply was no room.

They can measure them. They are not fictitious.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Granite is 60%+ quartz crystal.

...granite is an igneous rock with between 20% and 60% quartz...

Okay. If this theory held any yeast then they probably would aim for the higher end stuff.

If yeast grew to pressures of 10 000 lbs psi and the lid pops up.
    damaged as if with chemical explosive force

"Make your mind up: massive gas pressure isn't a "chemical explosive"."

Agree to disagree. If a bullet escapes from a gun with explosive force it does not mean the gun explodes. A few years back runners lost ther legs at athe boston marathon because a pressure cooker was filled with chemical pressure.that "exploded". Why can't chemical pressure cause an explosion?

I SHOWED DAMAGED CORNERS (see corner below). FROM HIGH PRESSURE GAS ESCAPING VERY FAST... Is that better than saying "explosive force". Maybe explosive force is not the correct term

NOTE the damaged corners:

See corner. How should I phrase it. (can't say "explosive force") If the pressure gets strong enough to lift a 30 ton lid (or whatever weight you deem them), could such a "wind" do damage to the corner like in above and below corners.

This damage existed on most all of this type of box.

If you simply throw a quartz rock at the ground it lights up for a second.

And?
    AND: and it makes more sense that our ancestor might try to play with such a rock and try to understand it. The idea that people would study and play with rocks that glow when you drop them is better than an alien theory.

If you spent 15 minutes researching the construction of these boxes and their weights/tolerances.
    You don't appear to have spent this long, why should anyone else?

As I said. These boxes exist. It is easy to find many photos where these tolerances can be seen as linked above.

The man in this photo IS a Rocket Scientist. He just does this study and measuring as a hobby.

Tolerance within microns would create a hermetic seal.

you: Given that the photo shows an apparent gap between the stone and the metal square that "micron precision" seems to be an exaggeration.

You can see a gap in that photo? That must make you correct then. These are bull tombs (being facetious). You suggest these tolerances were capable in a culture that cut granite with hammer and chisel.

The consensus seems to be that you would not be able to slide a thin piece of paper between the lid an box. These cows needed good burials (academia concept of today) it seems.

If you however can see a gap.. then that proves they are all wrong.

I don't know.
    This much is apparent, yet you seem to have made your mind up anyway...

No. I thought it fun. I certainly give it more credence since I started first post. I had not seen the lid like below until after that post.

I think the idea of a 70 ton box or 30 ton lid would make more sense if it was to contain chemical pressure.

This picture below almost looks like a form of safety valve/blast wall so if the gas lifted it would enter the release areas on the lid. Note: I did not say "explosive force".

LOOK at 2 square holes near edge of lid.

"I suppose it boils down to whether some kind of current could be formed from rock to rock as we use wires.
    And, since "current from rock to rock" is effectively ruled out that should give you pointers."

I also said brewing beer in these makes more sense than aliens or bull worshiping (academia current theory)

"If you were to have Quartz walls in a lead box and filled it with yeast could the pressures inside create viable piezo-electricity?​
    No. The piezoelectric effect doesn't work like that."

Yet you produce a tiny bolt of electricity every time you light a gas BBQ. I suggested they had a large crystal. Perhaps a grown solid one. I did not say it was true. I said it would give the "ark of covenant" notions more possibility. If a person pressurized a quartz box (not a gas babrecue lighter) coudl they get a shock.. or as the myth goes... could the ark shoot lightning. NOTE: I don't even believe in the ark. It just seems more plausible now as was suggested elsewhere and I agree.

Egypt did have: Electroplating​
    Source? (Again, not from a woo site please).

Non-woo website say these granite boxes were made with hammer and chisel and were to bury bulls they worshiped.

This is "alternative theory" section of this forum. I think it rather unlikely someone would find a non woo site in any topic in this forum.

Flight would have been in a woo forum long ago.

But did they have a way of creating current with just tight fitting or solidly cut rocks?​
    No.
    Complex:

"Nutcase website."

HUH? The above drawing is of a known place. Saqqara does exist. We can even visit it on virtual tours and explore all of the boxes in above andthe hallways.

Are you trying to debunk a drawing? That would be akin to debunking a drawing of the Eiffel tower.

Here is one paper I can find but I could not download it. I am not a member of academia(dot)edu
    https://www.academia.edu/37092601/T...a._Alternative_theory_for_the_granite_coffers
    "Yes, that Borisov: he doesn't know what he's talking about."

Well someone else asked for writing on this. I had to google. The only part I had known was from video in original post.
    again with below.

Not only is that a nutcase website it's also manages to be anti-Semitic, white separatist, holocaust denying, historical revisionist[2], white nationalist[3], and neo-Nazi.
    Good choice for a "reliable" source.

NOTE: Again.. who cares. I only linked what I could google. I did not suggest anyone is reliable or that these were used to generate. I said chemical pressure makes a lot more sense than anything else.

PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE... Give me just ONE reason why they would make a granite box with a very heavy (30 ton) lid... UNLESS it was being used to at least brew beer. This could be a beer factory. Makes more sense than burials. PLEASE.. Offer one rational guess. (or are you just one who only points at problems)

Borisov is the engineer making these claims.​
    "Yeah, it's kinda weird how it's electrical engineers that manage to turn into complete loons. (He also gets quoted/ published on Graham Hancock's website: a perfect indicator of the validity of his nonsense)."

Agreed. The burying bull stuff makes much more sense than brewing beer or as a pressure generator.

Again - a nutcase website.

Yeah. Again. This is alternative theories. I'm thinking you lot just jump on these things without considering.

The only way a 70 ton (note I'm quoting Wikipedia weight now) box (sarcophagus) makes sense to some rational folk is if it was being used to conatin pressure. Maybe they imported these hammer and chiselled (you say machined is bad term) boxes to bury bulls. As you suspect (academia take on it).

These boxes were "dragged" through many tight tunnels and around sharp corners. The granite rock tunnels did not form around them.

Again. These places exist.. We can weigh and measure if we go there.

There are some hallways that will not fit whatever amount of people are required to lift or drag 70 tons. They must have at least used pulleys. If they did use these boxes to contain pressure they also must have opened and closed them often.. That is why the hammered and chiselled such fine fitting lids.

Brewing beer in these makes at least more sense than the current academia belief that they were used by bull worshiping cult to bury their beloved bulls.

OF COURSE these were used to hold pressure.

Oh.. and sometimes these boxes did explode. See Kings chamber in great pyramid as just one example. The corner is missing.

Like in many other boxes there.

Was the above damage caused by explosion from outside .. or inside? There is stones piled inside but that could be a clean up effort. Maybe they just chiselled the damage?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Okay, is there any non-woo site that gives 100 tons?
    That's neither a source for the claimed precision nor a validation of your claim that men couldn't have pulled the sarcophagi.
    It's NOT a theory.
    Doesn't answer the question.
    So far all you have is a CLAIM that high pressure gas caused the damage.
    So you have a rock that glows when impacted. That doesn't add anything valid to your claim (i.e. you've already been told that applying pressure to a piezoelectric material does NOT produce a constant current).
    I'm not disputing the existence of the boxes.
    Except that at least one photo clearly shows that the claimed accuracy is nonsense.
    So what?
    Unfortunately that accuracy has not yet been shown to be anything other than an unsupported claim.
    Seeing a gap is better evidence than that for the - so far unsupported - claim of micron precision.
    I'm ASKING for evidence that that tolerance actually exists.
    And yet all you have are unsupported claims and woo sites... Says something about your critical faculties, doesn't it?
    As, effectively, an aside. The main focus of your argument is toward the "gas/ generator" idea.
    Correct. And if you keep the pressure on there isn't no continuous spark. You have been told this yet you persist in ignoring it.
    No it wouldn't.
    A single shock.
    Is that supposed to be a response to my request for source for your claim that the Egyptians had electroplating? Sorry, it's not sufficient.
    Possibly correct: but that neither makes woo sites valid as sources not does it absolve you of supporting your claims with ACTUAL science.
    Nonsense.
    So what?
    Simply because Saqqara itself exists does NOT prevent the claims made on that site being woo. Unless you also want to claim that the factual existence of 100 Acre Wood means Winnie The Pooh is completely true.
    Now I understand why you subscribe as you do to the "generator" theory: you have comprehension problems.
    I'd already given it...
    Right. The "who cares" is indicative: you like the answer you've got an facts don't matter.
    To you, possibly. But, given the already-shown lack of critical faculties then...
    Not up to me.
    Wrong. Just because this is Alternative Theories doesn't mean that woo and nutcase sites count as valid support.
    Oh, I get it. You're counting yourself as "rational" (despite the evidence in this thread) and anyone who doesn't agree with you as not rational.
    One more time: the existence of the place is not in dispute. It's the interpretation (and some of the claims made) that is.
    All unsupported so far...
    You assume that it was an explosion that caused the damage. What evidence do you have for this (and I mean evidence not supposition based your a priori belief).
    And, unless there is evidence otherwise, they could be there because the damage was caused from the outside.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Grave robbers and treasure hunters, just like everywhere else. An explosion from inside does not chip the corner of something. It would lift the lid, or else crack or split one side, along a line of weakness, to relieve the pressure.

Your whole approach to this is credulous and daft. I don't know why you are bothering to come to a science forum at all with this nonsense. Surely you must realise nobody with a science background is going to believe a word of it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Craftsmanship. And chalk. You can chalk the joint, lower the lid, then raise it and chisel or rub off the chalky bits. Do this over and over, an ancient technique, and you can make things fit close enough to prevent a piece of paper from sliding through. Also Google Occam's Razor.

8. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

Eschemist: I stand by my second post.

You suggest they needed 30 tons lid sto prevent grave robbers. This did not work very well as every lid except one was found open. No graves or bodies were found. Nothing to suggest they were tombs at all.

The Sarapeum also has 12 entrances. If you wanted to prevent grave robbers.. Maybe just 6 entrances would be more prudent.

I did not post this in mainstream areas. I posted this in alternative theories.

So... Your theory is that a 30 ton lid is required to prevent grave robbers. I suggest a precision 30 ton lid with high degrees of precision make more sense as a pressure holding device.

Is that not just common sense?

There is evidence that these were often opened and closed. So the 30 ton lids did not stop people from opening and closing them regularly.

Beer makes more sense than preventing grave robbers if nothing else.

How hard is it to grasp?

You said,
    An explosion from inside does not chip the corner of something

Who said anything about explosions. These things lifted thelids everntually when the pressure got too high. They would lift and skew the lid like if you were to place a square lid while boiling water in a square pot.

The pressure would then release most commonly in the corners. A very fast wind. Enough pressure inside to slightly lift a 30 ton lid would all escape at the nearest exit. The corner. The corner does not need to explode for such a wind to do damage or hurt someone standing outside.

I did say that most every granite box found in Egypt had similar damage, but maybe some tourists just dont like corners very much. Maybe the grave robbers just went around chipping corners instead of trying to access the open boxes.

I think that anyone who sees these as bull tombs is a lot less scientific.

Here is an early drawing of explorations when first discovered.

Not ethey claim to have found many rocks piled upon this.

I would say they were trying to add more pressure. You suggest they were trying to keep the bull mummies safer.

The evidence keeps piling up. (or was piled long ago).

You surmise they went to a lot of trouble to dig passageways through solid rock and then dragged 70 ton sarcophagi to bury the bulls they worshiped.

TRUE or FALSE?

I suggest these things could be opened and closed often and that is why they needed lids that were so finely "sanded down" and very very flat.

I suggest the squares in the lid below was build to provide escape for the gas so the lids would not lift an skew causing corner damage.

Note:

You surmise they put those two indentations into the lid for decoration.

I suggest they would be a decent safety valve to let go of gas when the lid started to rise. Without damaging the corners so often.

Yeah.. I think my second post made more common sense than any reply so far.

9. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

Yes.

Awesome. That is probably how they sanded it down.

I am suggesting people made these. Human construction is more likely than aliens in my opinion also. There is much evidence of what seemslike drilling and circular saws but like you suggest... they may have done it one eyedropper at a time.

That does not negate the fact they went to a lot of trouble to sand down 24 - 70 ton boxes with high precision and then dragged them into tunnels carved out of rock. Simply so they could bury sacred bulls as academia now suggests. Not to forget these were not rocks quarried in that area.

See Occam's razor.

They went to a lot of trouble to prevent people from sliding paper into these tombs.

Some of you suggest pressure would not make a lid skew and cause the type of damage seen on both the box and the lid in this photo. Tourists with hammers and a dislike for corners makes more sense.

It would actually make a lick of sense (see OccamsRazor) if these lids were purposefully flat so they could be slid on and off without damaging the boxes.

10. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

Dywyddyr,

Obviously you did not even look at my last response to you or you would see I went with the wikipedia 70 ton guesstimate. The granite box in kings chnamer is only 3 tons. What doe sthe weight matter. A heavy lid will contain more pressure.

Your very first quote in your last response made it clear I will waste time even showing you photos, etc.

I also said they could use PULLEYS. to pull the weight. How would you remove such boxes today? They are in carved tunnels of rock. Assume you had to take them out the way they went in.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Here we go again...
    Please provide a VALID source for the claim of 30 tons per lid. (You were wrong about the 100 ton weight).
    Still doesn't allow you to get away with posting crap.
    You still haven't validated the claimed precision yet, let alone the "30 ton weight".
    Is there? What is this "evidence"?
    You haven't yet established that there was any pressure, so claiming this is rather silly.
    Why do you think this?
    Why do you think a corner is a "nearest exit"?
    Given the displayed lack of science in your posts I'd say you're not in any position to make such a call.
    Given that you've already claimed this a fact then your use of the word "suggest" here is somewhat dishonest.
    Absolute crap: the "sanding down" and "flatness" would have no effect of ease of lifting.
    Really? Yet you've already claimed that corners are the easiest exit for the supposed gas pressure and that's why they are damaged.
    How can a notch that doesn't reach the interior be an "escape" for the supposed gas?
    And yet there appears to be little to no wear on those notches, the corners ARE damaged and, as noted, a notch is NOT any sort of "safety valve".
    (Just a suggestion: those notches could be for the insertion of lifting/ handling tools for placing the lid).
    Actually your posts have been, thus far, notable for the almost complete lack of "common sense", coupled with an ability to ignore all of the facts raised against your hypothesis.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Okay, so you now recant all of the 100 ton claims. Fair enough.
    The photo does not and CANNOT show the claimed precision.
    I wonder why you think that men aren't required when pulleys are used... "negating any notions of 200 men pulling them" (from post 12). Even WITH pulleys men are required to do some pulling.
    By the way, nice avoidance of replying to any of my other points - I didn't even notice you'd done that.
    Well duh. Aliens aren't "likely" at all.
    Quite: Occam's Razor.
    Tell me, do you think a handful of coffins would be more, or less, effort than building, say, Stonehenge?

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You're aware the these lids are rigid structures right? Not, I dunno, flexible tarps?
    This is not how rigid structures behave.

A box with a rigid lid will actually vent along an edge, not at a corner.

To lift a corner of a rigid lid would require it to hinge on the opposite corner (a point) - you would have to lift the entire weight, the rest supported only by that one point.

To lift the edge of a rigid lid, it hinges along the entire opposite edge, meaning you have to lift much less weight.

Also, you're not qualified to make such deductions.

exchemist likes this.
  14. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Yes, yes, I am quite sure that, like all cranks, you have an idée fixe which nobody is going to shift.

But if you can just agree to drop the piezoelectric rubbish, I shall consider my work here well done.

15. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

NO. Absolutely incorrect.

If for example you were to place a square rigid lid upon a square rigid pot and created chemical pressure inside... or I dont't know "BOIL WATER IN IT"

The lid would eventually lift to release steam in a small but growing effectiveness.

This would make the lid hover like a hovercraft.

The lid would then be easily pushed or pulled by anyone and would eventually skew to one side and angle releasing a large part of steam all at once.

If the lid on your pot weighed multiple tons. The pressure of that escaping steam could be lethal.

Experiment:
    a) Get a square pot and a square lid.
    b) Fill with water.
    c) Boil

------------------ Now your earlier "less than smart" response --- Which I had ignored. Until now. --------------

You quoted me (in red)
    I said, "Other theories are that Aliens built them or were used to bury giants or angels."
    I was RIDICULING THAT NOTION...

Maybe actually READ COMMENTS before ridiculing them.

Then you answered (in green)

I read them and I detected no note of ridicule or facetiousness in them.
    Hmm. Who do you suppose is responsible for ensuring your intent is clear?

Simple answer: Your English teacher was responsible for teaching you what the word "Other" means.

If I say Newton has a theory of gravity and then I say "OTHER theories are Dynamic Gravity by Nikola Tesla, or that fairies are dragging everyone down by their feet". It means those are OTHER theories.

That means: "separate from the one I was suggesting".

My intent should be clear to people whos first language is English. If I say OTHER people this, or OTHER people that. It means I am suggesting there were more ridiculous notions.

I said "Other Theories suggest it was aliens who built them or for burying sacred bulls".

Other is the word that suggests my intent was that that was not my suggestion but belonged to others.

This entire thing was due to a video I thought made more sense than many notions. I thought it would be fun. But that was your second answer that was wrong.

a) suggesting the Theory of burying giants was mine. If I said "MY other theories" then I can undwerstand your confusion due to my own errors in English.

B) Suggesting a square lid will not hover and skew.

I bet if I asked a young child (7-8yrs) what would happen to a square lid on a square pot if you boiled water. Some of them would describe it accurately. If they couldn't maybe they would be held back a grade.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You're wrong again.
    But would it lift at the corner?
    No.
    Quite.
    And you did this ... when?

But it says nothing about whether not ridicule is involved.

But it doesn't mean that there was any ridicule...

Given your appalling grammar, spelling, syntax and punctuation (and grasp of what words mean) I have to ask: is English YOUR first language?

That's not what "other" means. Other: Used to refer to a person or thing that is different or distinct from one already mentioned or known about.
    Given that paper, qua paper, didn't exist back then I'd guess you made this up.

17. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

Ditto. Brewing beer makes more sense than the notion is was for burying bulls. None of you have suggested any reason except vastly oversized sarcophagi.
    I would suggest the most simple explanation is likely the correct one.

Quarrying Granite from Aswan and carving it to high precision (the guy measuring had his angle calibrated) despite someone here claiming they saw gaps. Then they moved this box many miles to place it into a tunnel dug straight out of the bedrock underneath a great big giant pyramid.
    To bury cows.

Cows is not the simple explanation. It just isn't. Brewing beer makes a lot more sense.

18. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

Strawman..

I said the water in a boiling square pan would increase the pressure until the lid was seemingly weightless. I said that you could then push and pull that lid as if it was a hovercraft. I then said it would start to skew (based upon geometry and pressures). Then a corner would be the first exposed.

This is actually physics. If you wish to debate the physics of how steam would affect a square lid on a square pot. We can discuss this in mainstream sections.

I never said a corner would lift. I even showed a picture above where the lid would need to be skewed (at angle exposing a corner) for such damage to occur on both the lid and the container.

You can pretend I said the corner would lift all you like. But that is misleading and contrary to what even a child would grasp on this topic.

I dont mind asking someone in mainstream areas of the forum how steam might affect a lid.

Maybe you are right. Maybe the lid will stay straight on and always leak its pressure evenly. I just think that is very dumb to conceive.

I almost want to boil water in my meatloaf container with a square lid and post that video here so you can see how it works.

Now I see why this Idea seems far fetched to many here.

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

With regard to "pressure" inside the sarcophagi:
    1) a rectangular pressure is next to useless - they should be cylindrical or spherical.
    2) the tensile strength is ridiculously low.
    This means that the pressure you're talking about (1000 times a car tire) would actually burst the sarcophagus or throw the lid off completely: actually it wouldn't, it would simply lift the lid (but not at the corner), and vent. There would be no way whatsoever of maintaining the pressure you're talking about [1].

1 Disregarding the fact that pressurising granite wouldn't do what you claim it would: generate sparks continuously.

20. exchemist Valued Senior Member

So can I take it you have abandoned the piezoelectricity idea in favour of brewing?

21. exchemist Valued Senior Member

But how can it be "skewed" if the tolerances between lid and box are as tight as you say? Surely it would have to lift parallel to the sides, along one edge, as Dave suggests?

22. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

A lid requires a tight seal to build pressure.

That does not mean the pressure will not eventually be overcome.

The tight tolerances are to allow such sliding without damaging their brewery and make the seal strong enough to start building pressure.

If the lid had holes. No pressure would build. As this lid had no holes. It would just build pressure until it overcame the weight of the lid.

As I said. If this is not something we can agree upon. We can discuss in physics. This is a physics problem unrelated to topic.

"How would a square lid behave on a square pot of boiling water?" would be topic name.

Once the pressure on the lid was sufficient it would rise slightly. It would allow tiny amounts of "pressure" to escape based upon how the lid was placed, pressures inside, construction variants, etc.

You could then push or pull a 5 ton lid as easily as if it had no weight. It would be hovering due to pressures (I had to add "due to pressure" so people here dont misquote me and say Im suggesting it hovers - sigh).

If left unattended this lid would start to drift and perhaps shake. Like a boiling pot lid.

Then it would drift. It would not drift in a straight line as the pressure inside would want to escape with nearest routes. It would skew more often than not. Exposing a corner.

Then the pressure inside the pot would escape through that corner and the lid would again fall flat.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Only in your ignorant opinion.
    I agree. And the simplest explanation is that they are sarcophagi. There is nothing to support your contention.
    And you're wrong - as explained
    Given your vast ignorance shown so far I don't think I'll bother. BTW your "hovercraft" idea is complete crap.
    And yet you wrote that damage to the corners was caused by high-pressure gas. If the lid lifted along an edge (as per Dave's post) then there should be far more more damage along one of both edges, and NOT at the corners since massive venting would already have taken place by the time any "skewing" happened.
    And you can pretend that you didn't write what you actually, that you have a point and that reality doesn't apply - but that pretending doesn't mean it's true.
    No one said it would "stay straight on and always leak its pressure evenly" only that lifting on an edge would occur first (and thus vent massively).