Election: Co-moderator in World Events and Politics

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Porfiry, Feb 1, 2004.

?

Who should be made co-moderator in World Events and Politics?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2004.
  1. 15ofthe19

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. certified psycho

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. CounslerCoffee

30 vote(s)
    53.6%
  4. sargentlard

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Undecided

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. wesmorris

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

Wee, this is kind of interesting. I have essentially no faith in online forums and feel my time spent in them is basically wasted. I kind of hope the most outrageous and unfair moderator wins so I can feel more compelled to go do some living. For what it is worth, me thinks it speaks well of the existing administration to attempt to approach some democratic process to finding moderators. I wish you success but don't expect it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

You know what you are, Undecided?

No but I know what you are, a vindictive little troll, who pretends to be the solution. All the while doing the exact same thing you are supposed to prevent. You obviously lack morals, and any ethos relating to your position. Disgusting I should say.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Wow, I'm a troll on a forum that I moderate. What's next, I'm a nazi that's a secret agent for America? Wait, that's the plot line for Kurt Vonnegut's Mother Night.

I do have morals, by the way.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

You are a troll for overt reasons, you where being completely vindictive. Not only have you abused your powers, you have perpetrated the exact same thing that is systematically wrong with WE&P. Can anyone now reasonably expect you to be moderate when you go on this witch hunts? By the childish candor you have shown and the completely disgusting abuse of power you nomination should be canceled, it was well beyond any moral standard.

Not by the looks of it Stalin, not by the looks of it.

8. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Sadly, Wanderer was not a candidate for this position. According to him, he is superior to everyone, and thusly should be worshipped for his self-proclaimed intellectual superiority and argumentative invincibility. He called me a "dufus, moron, imbecile, idiot". Who am I to argue?

9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I have not used the block function since the over haul. Now is a time to use it, I think.

10. Undecided Banned Banned

So you continue to dance around the fire eh?

Did you or did you not abuse your powers as a moderator for purely vindicitive reasons?

11. Undecided Banned Banned

I have not used the block function since the over haul. Now is a time to use it, I think.

I don't think you should do that anyways, because you (if you somehow allowed to be mod.) would need to mod. my posts. Although it will arbitrary...

12. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

If I need to mod your posts, in my section, I'll hit the "View Post" option.

And no, I didn't use my powers for vindicitive reasons. I want a fair vote. That's not likely to happen if someone creates a bunch of accounts and vote for themself.

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I am diligent and fair, as Fetus put it. I will treat everyone with the respect that they deserve, and give everyone equal opportunities. And I can handle anyone.

I'm here to make the peace, not enforce it.

14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Oh come now 15, stop musing over Wanderer. You are libetarian and pro-choice, now all you have to do is buy a case of vodka and you'll be fine.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Wesmorris for president!

16. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

where do you vote blank

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I find the current results slightly disturbing. At least Wesmorris is funny.

But it would indeed have been nice to have the option:
    None of the above

But I guess that is how democracy works. They force you to chose something you don't want.

18. Undecided Banned Banned

And no, I didn't use my powers for vindicitive reasons. I want a fair vote. That's not likely to happen if someone creates a bunch of accounts and vote for themself.

#1- Can you please prove that the votes were not fair, at the time of posting the attack?
    #2- If you can't then the presentation of that was purely vindictive and trollish.
    #3- You are obviously intellectually inept, you contradict the same mores and ethos that you are supposed to uphold.
    #4- You insist on dancing around the obvious go ahead, but you are the one who posted a personal attack for no verifiable reason, apart from not being able to cognitively reply to what I wrote about you.

What you did was pure and simple a vindictive act, and an OVERT abuse of your moderation powers, not only was it arbitrary it was immature, and you are not 21 mentally let me tell you. So if you win, enjoy winning because you are stagnate vote, and not because people voted for you, they voted for you, on the anti-undecided vote.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  19. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

5 more Coffee and you double me. Boo-yah..two elections lost...bring on the third one baby, I am going for the holy Sciforums trinity.

Now to flood sci-fi with nude pictures of myself.

20. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Yeah, because everyone voted for me and not for you because I stole your votes (Who am I, Ralph Nader - 2000?) they didn't vote for Sarge, or Wes, or any of the others that have been here longer than you. I stole all your votes.

And as for my "attack" on you, you can go back and reread what I posted. It's an "attack" now, before I was just being vindictive and abusing my powers. Now it's an attack.

21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Undecided maybe it will help if you changed your name. How can anyone trust the convictions of someone who is obviously Undecided? You protest too much sir! Focus on the voters not your opponent.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I agree with Lucysnow.

You would perhaps do better, Undecided, if your campaign was not entirely negative.

23. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

well from the looks of it CounslerCoffee is gonna win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.