Emergency Broadcast

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by kmguru, Jul 13, 2001.

1. kmguru Staff Member

It occurs to me that as more and more people spend time on the internet, we need somekind of emergency broadcast system that opens an window to deliver such a message. Radio and Television has it, why not Internet. Any thoughts?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Emergency Broadcast Addition

One other bit of info I would like to see would be a weather alert for your local area. A popup to alert of a tornado warning, ect. for your general area. Prehaps hooked up to a National Weather Service and broadcast to the area affected by whatever means.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow Existential Discontinuity Registered Senior Member

That sounds like a good idea.
    I don't know about others, but I spend quite a lot of time logged after work.
    There aren't that many different browsers out there now, it should not be that hard to write a quick patch to add the popup and use it the same way TV and radio does.

Shadow

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

hey all
    the conflict as i view it is that the "they" do not want the "them" (us the dumb tax pool)
    to know the level of monitoring or control they realy have
    because people would start trying to make laws about it that "they" would have to try and get around.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

AND
    its good ecconomics to loose a few thousand people here and there from time to time...as bad as it may sound thats the level the "they" work on.

groove on all

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

(rolling my eyes)

And who is "they"?