Enlightenment is a Hoax. Stay away from it.

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Schutzstaffel, May 24, 2021.

1. Schutzstaffel Registered Member

After years of meditation and study on philosophers like ramana maharshi, rajneesh, jiddu krishnamurti, adwait vedanta and many othets , i found the fact that this concept of enlightenment is all bogus. This is market to earn money. People are running from their lives in the name of meditation. Thoughts and thinking are the basic functions of human brain. You cant shut them down by meditation. Enlightement is the result of boredome of man from ancient times.

What are your thoughts about it. Please write here. Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

enlightenment

Thinking you know something because you thought about it while your body was in some sort of funny position

Michael 345

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sideshowbob likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

sideshowbob and Michael 345 like this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Precisely

Why did I forget to buy toilet paper?

8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

all facets of life require currency exchange for food to survive
    greed & scams is not unique t any one culture or religion

it is factually disingenuous to ascribe the function of money to be the drive of something that requires money as a base cause
    those religious people who swear off money beg for free money while others pretend salvation is achieved by giving them money.

that has nothing to do with enlightenment

yes a fact
    but a fact that stands individually

suggesting that enlightenment is bogus because people are chasing anything is also a lie

that makes 2 lies

chemistry & electricity and biological physics drives the base form of brain function
    humans are biological electro-chemical

you are suggesting meditation & any other state than what you prescribe is false
    this means you are dictating others reality
    this is fascism & manipulation rather than liberty & freedom of thought

shut what down ?
    who said something is shut down ?
    what are YOU saying is "supposed o be shut down"
    by what ?
    meditation ?

your making a claim !
    you need to back that claim up with some basic concepts otherwise your just preaching like a crazy person on a street corner

complete bullshit scammery
    your dictating what others reality of their mind is. telling them what they should think & how to think it
    this makes you a fascist manipulator

2 lies
    2 claim with no substantiation facts links or any explanation
    2 dictations of thought to your own desires

& you think that invalidates what ?
    enlightenment ?
    meditation ?

and so i have
    you read like a scammer(im not stating i think you are, i am saying your comments read that way) looking for people to scam rather than someone wanting to discuss something

reading a book does not make you experienced

just because 99% of all religion may be a scam(are you proving something somewhere?)
    does not invalidate any concept of meditation
    (i personally believe around 80% of American Christianity is a money scam offering loos concepts that make people psychologically dependent on them rather than independently minded they then exploit that psychological dependence by forced compliance donations of money)

other forms using power scams are of the same nature

keeping in mind

Enlightenment covers both Christianity & Catholacism & potentially Islamism Shinto & Hinduism

are you saying all forms of enlightenment(all religions) are fake ?

shut "what" down ?
    (((i am expecting you will not answer i hope i am wrong)))

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  9. candy Valued Senior Member

I had a lot of issues with the concept of emptying your mind. Just did not work.
    The concept of refocusing to the sympathetic nervous system allows me to relax and let my mind shut down for a bit. It is very refreshing therefore enlightening.

Schutzstaffel likes this.
  10. candy Valued Senior Member

Curious. If you have no curiosity about woo are you really a true scientist.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

"Enlightenment" has many meanings.

There are several paths people take to enlightenment. Some work for some people; some work for other people. For some people, nothing works. It's no different than religion, or Weight Watchers, or Alcoholics Anonymous. Different approaches work for different people.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Eastern Philosophy is bogus - but ghosts are real. Gotcha.

Schutzstaffel and sideshowbob like this.
  13. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Even the Western Enlightenment is probably going to be historically revised to a white, patriarchal monstrosity -- thanks to the ever spreading offshoots of postmodernism.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  14. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Something like meeting the Buddha on the road and killing him: If you think you're enlightened, you probably not.

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Not exactly correct to say scientists have no curiosity about woo (and I am NOT a scientists)

More that woo proponents have not given scientists anything to run with

It's like woo proponents invite you to join you at this wonderful banquet, so you sit down at the table, receive a plate, no knife or fork (instruments) and the grinning woo proponents (they always grin) say "what about that?"

Sounds like relaxing and relaxing is just not quite going to sleep

OK

I thought being enlightened was gaining extra knowledge

16. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

feel free to ignore/not answer my questions if they feel like they will discuss any personal nature you wish to not discuss

emptying your mind as words
    versus
    as action
    is 2 different things
    it is not easy

it is ridiculously hard

it is like
    standing naked in the middle of a busy city street at lunch time
    on 1 foot balancing
    while holding a cell phone in 1 hand
    a book in the other
    while reading the book to someone sitting beside you
    and the cell phone on speaker phone conference calling to people asking you questions

many people think "emptying your mind" will be easy & easily achievable because they think they have many instances in life where they feel they have had no thoughts
    but in reality their "no thoughts" were in fact "no ego"

now imagine your standing their naked on one foot
    and people walking past are throwing rotten fruit at you(not hard enough to really hurt or physically knock you off balance)

sound easy ?

this is a great skill/tool
    very very useful
    never underestimate it

can be achieved through drugs exercise sex meditation & some other activates

but each person most often has a different mental functionality of what "shutting down" is

some people just turning off 1 emotion may be shutting down
    while other may be turning off all emotions
    while others may be turning off 1 or several voices in their head

here is the question you should choose carefully how or if you will answer

what is "it" you are practicing "shutting down" ?

17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

how many evangelical church members are there in the usa ?
    baptists & evangelicals comprise the vast majority

bible camp
    born again services
    healing services

the vast majority endorse a concept of "enlightenment" as a core principal of required destination

eastern types of enlightenment phrased as western opinions does not define all concepts
    but they tend to project that as absolutes to service their own ego

to the other...
    if your playing with fear
    it is satanism your looking for
    that's not my department, please inquire somewhere else

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_United_States

Christianity is the most prevalent religion in the United States. In a 2018-2019 survey, 65% of adults in the United States identified themselves as Christians

Church attendance
    Gallup International indicates that 41%[111] of American citizens report they regularly attend religious services,

Conversion
    A study from 2015 estimated some 450,000 American Muslims who had converted to Christianity, most of whom belong to an evangelical or Pentecostal community.[30] In 2010 there were approximately 180,000 Arab-Americans and about 130,000 Iranian Americans who converted from Islam to Christianity. Dudley Woodbury, a Fulbright scholar of Islam, estimates that 20,000 Muslims convert to Christianity annually in the United States.[129] Many Druze immigrants to the United States converted to Protestantism, becoming communicants of the Presbyterian or Methodist Churches.[130][131]

when in Rome ...

one could argue that conversion is the action of attaining religious enlightenment
    and thus enlightenment is the action of conversation
    to become enlightened to the lord & the way

so roughly 500,000 people become enlightened every year in the USA
    and define themselves as christian (or catholic)

that is a baby-boomer social cultural intellectual species evolution aspect of intellect
    religion & skeptics share the same cutlery

each different religion defines it in their own way
    some it is seeing/meeting god
    others it is letting go of earthy obsessions
    and various other things

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  18. kx000 Valued Senior Member

How can you know that without being enlightened first?

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Not even close
    Religious people pick up the nothingness on the plate and tell you it is delicious

Skeptics go outside to look at reality and try to find something to eat

20. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

which one is happy internally(the self sustaining introvert) ?

21. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

Enlightenment is a hoax and so is religion so i recommend staying away from both.

All religion is obviously nonsense and the sooner religion and religious beliefs disappear from the world the better I think because religion only causes more misery for people and there is already enough misery in this world as there is so we shouldn't cause more.

Religion is bad for you in the long run because it's based on things that don't exist and that aren't actually true. So in order to actually advance science and figure out how the universe really works we must put aside our childish religious beliefs.

Maybe the harsh and somewhat brutal reality is that human life as a whole isn't really precious or valuable.

Life is only precious when considering your loved ones and the people you care about but maybe in the grand scheme of things humans are quite not important.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  22. candy Valued Senior Member

If you are searching for "the secret" then enlightenment is a hoax.
    It is said that a master explained that before enlightenment chop wood and carry water, after enlightenment chop wood and carry water.
    Enlightenment is to be at peace within yourself and with the universe to the point that you become aware of consciousness. Possibly to be aware at the quantum level.
    Questing to attain the sidi skills is to try to accomplish something. Enlightenment is just being; quietly appreciating the "isness" of everything. To be because you are. Then it is back to chop wood, carry water.

A lot of the misconceptions about enlightenment stem from enlightenment being confused with the quest for the sidi skills. This may arise because it is said the enlightenment is the step toward achieving the sidi skills.
    Since I have never wanted to be invisible I do not quest for the sidi skills. I have no idea if it would be possible or not. They remain like Schrodinger's cat. They may or may not exist. I leave it to someone else to open that box.

23. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Rather than "enlightenment", I like the term "well-grounded".

This state of internal balance can be achieved by periods of rest and reflection in a place shielded from the stressful demands of modern-day life.

This is why churches are excellent havens for introspection and self-actualization. This can be a quiet place in the country or forest, removed from the hustle and bustle of city life. This is an old ritual for seekers of "enlightenment".

As atheist, I always found the atmosphere inside a church very restful and refreshing. No prayer or religious thoughts are required to achieve inner peace. Just let the mind drift and seek tranquility. This helps in restoring inner balance.

Question; What compelled you to adopt "Schutzstaffel" for nom de plume?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021