Enter At Your Own Risk.........ETs or Demons

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Micah, Jan 19, 2000.

1. Lori Registered Senior Member

ISDA,

Well, I didn't mean to misunderstand you, it's just that the advice you are giving is pretty elementary. I'm like "duh", you know? I can't speak for Micah, but from what I do know of her, she does do and is doing exactly what you have recommended, and so do I. It's the purpose of my whole life. So, duh, is what I'm saying. I'm not trying to be smart, it's just that many times your advice can be interpreted as a little itty bitty bit patronizing. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to criticize, it's just an observance is all. You question other believers faith alot. I don't know if that's such a great approach. Maybe for someone that you know really well, but I would caution against making assumptions on a board like this where you really aren't aware of the depths of someone's beliefs. I hope you understand. Thanks.

------------------
    "Go Jesus, go! Go Jesus, go!"

I finally get to be the cheerleader that I always wanted to be but could not, as I was not a fluff chick.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zappers Registered Senior Member

Did somebody get a bad batch of drugs
    or is this suppose to be the modern version
    of the Salem Witch Trials?
    Steven King should read this stuff. I'm sure he could come up with one hell of a plot for a story after reading this stuff.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Lori,

I made it clear that God arranged that I would pass along that message. I told how God arranged that I first hear that sermon prior to posting an answer to the question asked of me by Micah. Yet, you belittle it ?!?!?! You call it elementary and give it no regard?!?!?! Lori, please, show me a time when I questioned a Brother's or Sister's faith and I will confess to it. The assumption, sadly, is your own. Perhaps, you should read again what I said.

What Christ stressed was the basics! The first failure of each and every Christian that turns away from God is always one of the basics. No matter how great or small the sin, that Christian first forgot the basics! It's no wonder God repeats so many basics of following Him over and over again. If ,"duh", is the best that you can come up with, I would advise you to seek out some mature Christian at church and ask to be taken on as a student. Though I am sure you will take this advise as an insult, it is not, it is quite Biblical to do so. Paul had his student and there have been may others throughout the Bible. Heck, even the ungodly realize the benefit of studying under a great teacher. Just watch any kung-fu flick. Just in case you might be thinking that Jesus is the only great teacher you'll ever pay attention to, know this. God has, by His athority, sent His sheep to all ends of the Earth. Every Christian in obedience to the Lord and speaking and teaching in that way, is doing so with the full athority of God! God calls His children to be like Him. As it is that we grow, some are more mature in being like Him than others. If we are to see what it is to be like Him as humans, we have wonderful examples, that He has been so gracious as to send our way, in those more mature in Christ than us. This is why God sent the apostles back to places they had already been. It is because the ones with less maturity were in need of more. Each and every Christian should realize the need for greater self-maturity in God through Christ. A Christian that does not, is headed for trouble. 1 Corinthians 8:2<FONT COLOR="BLUE"> And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.</FONT> That is a standard that we must all live by! The fact that you spurn knowledge straight from the Word of God is in no way a good sign of your faith. Lori, if your arguments can meet the measures of God, then, for my sake, if I am incorrect, equate them to the Holy Scriptures so that I may learn my fault. Is that too much to ask?

The truth is easy to understand if you know the author,
    ISDAMan

[This message has been edited by ISDAMan (edited January 20, 2000).]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Micah Registered Senior Member

Yes, I agree that Christ should stay in focus. I am one who tends to "want to know" all aspects of the truth...

In studying the Apocryphia of Enoch I discovered some pretty powerful messages.. I will try to condense this as much as I can.. The garden of eden was inhabited not only w/ those that God created but also w/ the fallen angels. These spirits knew all the secrets of heaven and there were 9 chiefs that were over certain secrets. After the fall of man, and man began to produce children, these beings sought to mate w/ the women because of their beauty. They produced Nephiliums or giants. Enoch refers to these beings as "watchers". The watchers began to teach the secrets to the Nephiliums and this caused great anger in God because the earth began to know the great secrets of heaven, mystical powers, magical, the secrets of metals and how to produce them from the ground, the secrets of the stars and the heavens and they learned to write them down and man began to know all of good and evil. Because they (the Nephiliums) are a product of the watchers God banished them from earth and until the time comes (they go to the lake of fire). This is why God had to flood the earth, and found Noah to be the only man whose blood line stayed true to God. Enoch went before God to ask for their redemption, but God cannot allow it because they are part of evil. I know that not all followers of Christ believe in the Apocryphia but I feel it is necessary in understaning this. This brought great peace to me because God knows everything thats happening in our earth,in the cosmos, and in other places and zones around the world. His son was his seed, placed in a virgin woman that produced a man/god Jesus, that did not lay w/ another woman but died to his will and completed his Fathers will so that we could enter into eternal peace w/ God. I did not understand the depth at which "the virgin" represents. I did not understand the depth at which we are defiled by the act of sexual intercourse.

All in all, my heart rejoices in knowing how much we are loved. Knowing that I will enter into the gates of heaven is a wonderful feeling. We all must choose, we all must bare the consequences of not choosing Christ and thats for each one of us to decide.. The message is clear to me that God did create all, that there will be an end, a heaven and a hell a place for everyone. God has not forgotten any of us, Christ fights for us daily, but he cannot change our minds if we dont choose to know him.. For me there is nothing else that matters, we are here for only a short time, a time to learn the meaning of love, to learn the meaning of giving, receiving and dying to enjoy our lives, our families, but the life beyond this one is eternal, eternal peace and happiness...Imagine..........................LOL

8. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Lori-If I may explain why those two messages of mine showed up like they did...all I can say is, once you go ADSL, you NEVER want to go back to a modem. It took so long for the first message to post from the dispatch computer at work, that I thought it had locked up. I cancelled the connection, convinced that my message was lost, so I rewrote it. The message was intended for you, not Flash. Also, come on! You should know by now that I'm not a name-caller!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't call people liars unless I'm sure they're intentionally deceiving someone for their own personal gain, and then I say it outright to their face. As far as your friend goes, if religious symbolism helps deal with the incident, then so be it.

Why does whether or not I'm a Christian make any difference? It makes no matter to me what someone's faith is. It only bugs me when they take it upon themselves to try to force me to convert.

One more thing...shocked that I missed you? You're human, I'm human, on that basis alone I'd rather talk to you than a host of angels. As a human, we'd have a lot more in common. Just because we chomp on each other's tails from time to time doesn't mean I don't want you around.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I know we disagree on a lot, but my signature pretty much sums it up for me...

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

9. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Micah,

I will believe anything as long as it is in line with the Bible. I enjoy learning and am a knowledge sponge. I, however, have not given much attention to that book. I will look into it. I will say now that, I come from the bias that no other book matches up to the Bible as part of it. In other words, God's Word is complete and nothing is in error. A forgoten portion is error. While looking into this, I will measure it up to the Bible. I know that there is much debate over the authenticity of that book. Please, be patient with me as it will take me some time due to my heavy work load. Do you think it lines up with the Bible?

The Bible is God's measuring stick. All that is correct must come in line with that,
    ISDAMan

10. Micah Registered Senior Member

Is-
    I feel it does.. Because I was involved the the magical arts and learned about eastern religions, it confirms the reasons why they came into existence. The Bible confirms that Christ is the only way to God.. So does this Book.. It just goes further into detail of what was actually here when Adam was created, it affirms much of the same prophecy written in Revelation, but it goes further into detail of how the fallen angels came to be, what their purpose is, and what their fate is. It answered alot of my questions regarding ufos, and mysticism in general and the deception that satan will use to decieve the world.. It decribes what the powers and principalities are and how they are used.. Let me know your thoughts if you decide to look into it...
    LOL