EU topmeeting in Gothenburg/Sweden

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Bill Lee, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Bill Lee Registered Member

I just wanted to say that I have lost my last tiny little bit of fate in the police after this weekend. I went to the city of Gothenburg to participate in the peaceful demonstration on Friday the 15 of June, and so I did - and it went along great all the way from the beginning to the end without interactions from the police but as soon as it was over and the darkness started to fall over the city all hell broke loose, so me and my friends got out of there (cause we are no militant activists).
    On Saturday morning we where walking on some quiet streets just doin nothing when all of a sudden some guy jumped on me pressed my head against the ground and another put a knee on my neck and another screamed in my face that I had assaulted my last policeofficer or something like that - it was a lot of blur then but I do remember taking a lot of beating before leaving the area with my friends whom had gotten pretty much the same treatment.
    Anyway, to make a long story short - at the station It cleared up that they had taken the wrong guy and we where let go. My statement is just this - I can not trust a cop again, I mean, there whre acctually times when I feared for my life in that custuty and that is something totally new for me and my friends - and is'nt supposed to be an option when taken in captive by Swedish police.
    What happened where a katastrofull mixup by the police who even lied in the rapports.

I did'nt recognise my homecountry annymore - It was a goddam warzone during the nights.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Welcome, Bill Lee ...

Welcome to a world that has existed in the United States for quite a while. And I'm not just referring to the late '60s, early '70s, take a read on police behavior in regard to the early Union organizers, or the Okies, or the Blacks.

It's unfortunate that it is now happening in Sweden, but at least it stopped with a beating and you were released without, hopefully, a permanent record.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bill Lee Registered Member

Just wondering?

Never heard the word "Okies" before - who are they?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.