Every one is essentially alone ~ with them selves

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Quantum Quack, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Prompted by an emotional trip down memory lane, a sentimental journey thinking about the Western Worlds pandemic of depression and depressive type illnesses and all manner of physical ailments associated
    And wondered about a quote I remember from a grubby c grade novel that I once entertained myself with years ago:
    "Every one is essentially alone"
    and made the connection to the threads topic and added the words ~"with them selves"

Could it be possible that the major proportion of population of the Western worlds population fall into depression [proven by the medical stats] is due to the alienation of one with one self due to the over indulgence of those who wish to rationalize spiritual values to the point of "extreme" Atheism?

It seems to me that by over emphasizing the "lack of evidence" of a God, a father figure, a mentor, a supporter, a "pick me up when I am down" type inspiration and influence has led to alienation with oneself.
    Listening to Freddie Mercuries "How Can I Go On" reminded me of just how important our relationship with ourselves is to our mental and physical health and how deliberate rational diminish-ment of that which "Holds us up" could very well lead to a pandemic of depression amongst our youth [especially] and others more generally.

[video=youtube;ksNoe8W2jTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksNoe8W2jTc[/video]
    How Can I Go On

When all the salt is taken from the sea
    I stand dethroned
    I'm naked and I bleed
    But when your finger points so savagely,
    Is anybody there to believe in me
    To hear my plea and take care of me?

How can I go on
    From day to day
    Who can make me strong in every way
    Where can I be safe
    Where can I belong
    In this great big world of sadness
    How can I forget
    Those beautiful dreams that we shared
    They're lost and they're no where to be found
    How can I go on?

Sometimes I tremble in the dark
    I cannot see
    When people frighten me
    I try to hide myself so far from the crowd
    Is anybody there to comfort me
    Lord take care of me

How can I go on
    From day to day
    Who can make me strong in every way
    Where can I be safe
    Where can I belong
    In this great big world of sadness
    How can I forget
    Those beautiful dreams that we shared
    They're lost and they're no where to be found
    How can I go on?

re:Lyrics

Is the death of "God" in the minds and imaginations of the Western Worlds population, really something this world needs?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thomas Cranmer Registered Member

God cannot die, but perhaps you mean the belief in God is dead. Obviously not true. Most people believe in God and obtain a great deal of satisfaction knowing that death is not the end and we will be re-united with our loved ones again.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.